‹ Prequel: Tattoos and Cigarettes
Sequel: Coma Therapy
Status: Complete :)

Find Your Own Way

Skinny Love

Waltzing into her home Ari laughed happily. Nothing could bring her down. Actually no that wasn’t true, the two people sitting in the next room were going to do exactly that.

“Ari come in here please,” Brian said loud enough without actually shouting.

“Yes Daddy,” she spoke putting an accent on her voice. “You called?”

“Yeah, sit down,” he told her motioning for the chair positioned in front of the coffee table facing away from the TV but to the couch.

“You going to yell at me?” she asked plopping down.

“No, we aren’t going to yell,” Michelle said rubbing her belly. “The school called.” Ari started laughing and through her hysterics she nodded. “You haven’t been in a month Ari,” Michelle said even though the young girl already knew that.

“Ari, if you don’t get your act together we’re sending you to boarding school,” Brian said slamming his hand on the arm rest of the couch. “And if you screw off there we’ll bring you home and school you ourselves.”

Snapping out of her fit Ari looked pointedly at her dad. “What makes you think I’ll let you ship me off? What makes you think that I’ll,” she paused and started picking at her nails. “stay put?” she asked raising an eyebrow.

“Arianna Maxine,” Michelle stated giving her daughter her own pointed look. “You’d best start respecting us, you best start going to school, and you best get your goddamn act together!”

“Don’t get too stressed out mom, you’ll lose the baby,” Ari stated getting up out of the chair and walking back to the entrance way. “Oh and before I forget, I’d stop thinking all those hopeful things before I disappoint you.”

Image

Holding Michelle’s hand as she laid on the uncomfortable bed Brian smiled. Today was the day they’d find out the sex of the baby. Their earlier argument with their first child only on the outskirts of their minds.

“Ah, Mrs. Haner, nice to see you again,” the nurse said smiling. “Excited to find out the sex of this little bun?”

Laughing Michelle nodded and looked up to her husband. It was all he could talk about the last few days. And today when they got home the rest of the family would be there and they’d be able to share their happy news.

“Alright,” the nurse said putting the jelly on Michelle’s belly. “Let’s see here.” Moving the sonogram stick around. “Looks to be a healthy little boy,” the nurse told them smiling. “Congratulations!”

Squeezing her hand Brian stared at the black and white image. He couldn’t believe it. They were going to have a little boy. Accepting the small print off Brian moved his gaze down to it and slowly a grin spread over his face. Yes, they’d have a small little boy.

Walking his wife inside Brian happily shouted to their friends and family that it was a boy. Sitting Michelle down with the women they immediately started talking about baby stuff.

“Congrats dude,” Matt said clapping him on his back.

“Thanks,” he smiled accepting the beer from Zacky. “So how are your boys?”

“Good,” Zacky laughed. “Trouble makers.”

“Blake is getting into theater, there have been so many girls at the house man,” Matt said running a hand through his short hair. “My son is a chick magnet.”

Laughing the guys continued talking while the girls squealed over Michelle’s belly. Nobody noticed Ari slink in through the door until they heard a loud crash from the kitchen.

“Fuck,” Ari groaned looking at her hand that was now covered in blood. Looking up when everyone entered she smiled sheepishly. “Sorry, I’m sorry, I broke a fucking glass and then I tried picking it up and now I’m all bloody. Stupid fucking glass, goddamn cut me,” Ari rambled glaring at the offending pieces.

Walking carefully over to his daughter Brian picked her up and carried her to the island and sat her down. Handing her a dish cloth he told her to put pressure on her hand.

“Uncle Johnny,” Ari shouted happily when she spotted him. “Uncle Mattie, hi Uncle Zackkkky!”

Sighing Brian grabbed her injured hand and dunked it in the bowl of water beside her. When she didn’t curse at the alcohol in the water Brian just looked up at her and frowned. She was higher than a kite.

“So you guys remember Jamie, yeah he’s an asshole,” Ari said starting a new rant. “He was fucking Tiffany, like I walked in on them!” she shouted throwing her hands in the air and flinging water everywhere.

“Ari,” Brian said grabbing her hand. Seeing it was a clean cut he grabbed the bandages and wrapped it around her hand. “Don’t play with it. It needs to heal okay?”

“Yes sir,” she said saluting him with her good hand. “So yeah I walked in on them two fucking, and you know what they said? They told me to close the door! Hello I’m your fucking girlfriend and you’re fucking my best friend! Well now she’s my ex best friend but you know, I don’t need a man. Dick’s are gross anyway.”

Staring at her the guys just nodded as she told them her story. Matt, Zacky, and Johnny tried to hide their smirks when she just told them that she was more or less a lesbian. She probably hadn’t even realized it. Glancing at Brian they noticed he too had a small smile on his face.

“I’m going to bed, Daddy will you carry me?” she asked throwing her arms towards him.

Obliging his daughter Brian carried her up the stairs and to her room. He was glad that she’d be spending the night here at home but he was also upset that she was high. And then there was the fact that he could feel every single bone in her body the entire time she was in his arms.

Going back downstairs Brian just nodded to everyone. Ari was safe, she may not have her head on straight, but she was here and not god knows where she had been for the last two weeks.

Image

Groaning Ari rolled herself off her bed. The pain racing through her body was driving her insane and she was sure that she didn’t have anything on her. And after yesterday Jamie would probably not give her any.

Stumbling blindly downstairs Ari found herself in the kitchen. Curling herself into a ball she sat down in a corner and cried. She needed her drugs so bad.

“Ari?” Michelle asked hearing her daughter’s groans. “What’s wrong honey?”

“Like you don’t know,” Ari said rocking herself back and forth. “Where’s Daddy?”

Michelle sighed and looked up to her husband.

“Yes Sweets?” Brian said kneeling down beside his daughter.

“Can you call Uncle Johnny for me?” Ari asked looking into her fathers eyes.

“Whatever it is Ari we can help you,” Brian said brushing hair out of her face. Feeling how clammy her forehead was he sighed. “Dope sick huh?”

“Please, just get me Uncle Johnny,” Ari begged.

Getting up from he took the phone from Michelle and dialed his friend’s number. “Hey man,” Johnny greeted setting his bass aside. “What’s up?”

“Ari’s asking for you,” Brian said looking down at his daughter.

“Why?” Johnny asked getting up from his spot.

“No clue,” Brian replied. Turning away from Ari he looked towards the ocean. “She’s dope sick man.”

“Oh,” Johnny stated stopping in his tracks. “What’re you going to do?”

“I don’t know man,” Brian said walking from the kitchen and up to his office. “I mean it’s probably the best chance for us to get her clean.”

“With Michelle in the house?” Johnny asked continuing his trek outside. “I’ll be over in a bit. You gonna call the guys?”

“Yeah, see you soon man,” Brian said hanging up. Sighing heavily he turned to the doorway and smiled sadly at his wife. This was the last thing she needed. “I’m going to have the guys come over, we’ll make a decision about what we’re going to do with her.”

Michelle nodded and walked over to him. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” Brian stated picking the phone back up and calling the rest of the guys. While Johnny comforted Ari they would come up with a plan. And once they had that plan figured out they would damn sure follow it through.

Image

“She’s in the kitchen,” Michelle stated when she opened the door for Johnny. “In the corner near the microwave.”

Nodding Johnny made his way through the house and to the small girl. He still couldn’t believe how skinny she had become. She used to be healthy and now she was even skinnier than those fake super models on the runway.

“Ari,” Johnny said softly sitting down beside her. “Hey.”

“Hi,” Ari said softly crawling to him. “I need you to do something for me,” she whispered. Sweat was clinging to her skin even though the air conditioner was on high.

“I’m not getting you drugs,” Johnny said before she could even ask.

“Please Uncle Johnny, you have no idea what this is like,” she cried. “I want to be sick but I have nothing to throw up. I want to pull off every inch of my skin but my hands are shaking too bad for me to even try. I need them.”

Looking at the girl Johnny just shook his head. “The rest of the guys are upstairs, we’re going to get you clean Ari,” Johnny said hugging the girl. Part of him wanted to let go, find a quiet place to cry for her, but he had to hold on. He was her only friend.

“I don’t want to get clean,” Ari cried. “I just want my drugs. Please,” she begged tears silently making their way down her face. “I’ll be nice to everyone. I’ll come home before curfew. I’ll start school again!”

“We both know that those are all lies,” Johnny whispered. “Just think of how much better you’ll feel when you don’t have this junk coursing through your veins.”

“I’ll feel like shit,” Ari shouted. “I’ll feel worse than I do now!” Finding strength she didn’t know she had Ari clambered to her feet. “If you won’t get them for me I’m going and getting them myself,” she said marching towards the front door. “I thought you understood,” she whispered harshly to him before ripping the door open and storming out into the bright sun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Favorite part? Least favorite?
So the next chapter is a big one. I honestly was on the verge of tears while writing it. I really can't wait for you guys to read it.

Thanks to the following for commenting:
MrsChristX
fiction;
YourPinkVengeance
andrea weekes
VengeanceIsMine
loINve
SilencedByTheTrees


And thank you to everyone that's still reading and to whoever has recommended lately. This story is now more successful than Max's.