Status: ON HOLD.

Behind the Computer.

Chapter Two.

Chapter Two;

The first day of school is finally over. I head to the car, and find Mitchell already there.

"So I heard you and your lover boy have a date tonight." He says, un-locking the car door.

"I'm guessing he told you ?" I question, climbing into the car.

"Well, yeah. But it's already around school, so everyone knows."

"Joy." I sigh.

I'm guessing someone told Tori. She most likely won't be too thrilled with it.

--------------------------------------------

After almost thirty minutes of homework, I get a text from Trevor saying he's on his way. I run to my closet and throw on some blue jean shorts, a light-coloured tye dye shirt, and some black flip flops. Simple and comfy, but nice enough for some coffee. I grab my phone and head downstairs. I find my Mom in the kitchen with Sharon making dinner.

"Hey Mom, I'm going to coffee with Trevor. I'll be hack shortly." I yell, heading for the door.

"Alright, be careful." She yells back.

I shut the door behind me and see that Trevor just got here.

"I was just about to text you." He chuckles.

"Well, I'm here now !" I smile.

He returns the smile and says,

"Hey, I was thinking we could go to the park instead. My Uncle came down with the flu, and closed the shop. And it's such a nice day to go to the park." He says.

"That sounds great !" I reply.

We begin walking for the park. I pull out my phone.

"Do you mind if I check Facebook ?" I ask."

"Oh, sure, go ahead." He says.

I scroll past a few statuses and pictures when I see a status update from Tori.

'First day back, and Aria already has a date ? Hmm, being a whore much ?"

I frown at the screen, and shove my phone back in my pocket.

"Is.. everything oh kay ?" Trevor asks.

"Uh, no not really. Tori made kinda a hateful status about me."

I pulled back out my phone and let him read it for himself. He got this sad, yet concerned look on his face.

"Wow, that's not very nice." He says. "Just ignore her. She's obviously jealous. Happens to pretty girls like you a lot, ya know."

I blush, and mumble a thank you. But what he says is most likely true. Tori likes Trevor, too. And she's told me multiple times that I need to back off and that I don't have a chance. Which may or may not be true, but I just try to keep to myself about who I like. And honestly, I have no idea how she found out.

The rest of the way to the park is quiet. When we get there, I head straight for the monkey bars. I climbed up the two small steps and slipped my hands around the metal bar. I licked my lips in frustration, and let go.

"Can you not do them ?" Trevor asks.

"Uhm, no.." I trailed off. "The last time I tried to do them, I fell and twisted my ankle."

"Here, I've got you. Just move from one bar to the other."

He took ahold of my waist, and I shivered. He must've felt it, or at least got nervous also. He hands and arms had goosebumps on them. I took grasp of the bar and let my feet off the bar supporting me. I reached to the next bar, and the next, and the next, and so on. When I got to the other side, Trevor reached up and gently placed me on the ground.

"Thanks for that." I say.

"Anytime." He smirks.

He walks over to a bench, and pats the seat next to him. I come over, and sit next to him.

"Wanna play twenty questions ?" We both say simultaneously.

We laugh and Trevor says,

"Sure !"

------------------------------------

After more than twenty questions, the light of the day soon faded to dark enough for the park lights to come one. Trevor and I made our way back to my house. Once we got there, I said,

"We totally should do this again. I had a lot of fun !"

"Oh, yeah ! Me too." He smiles.

I return the smile. He walks up to me, and pulls me in for a hug. Gosh, I love his hugs so much. His warmth sends shivers down my spine. I take a big whiff of his cologne. This felt.. Nice. Before pulling away, he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. I look at the ground to try and hide my embarrassment. I turn to my house and walk to my front door. I turn back around to wave, and he does the same. I go and find my Mom, who's still in the kitchen. My Mom is my best friend. I can tell her some things I can't even tell Reagan. And sometimes she understands me more than Reagan does. I tell my Mom all about the "date" and she can't help but smile and tell me how happy she was that this happened. And how she was kinda upset I was growing up so quickly. She then adds that she thinks Trevor has a crush on me. I shake my head and grab a sandwich and a water and head upstairs. After finishing my homework and dinner, I strip down and take a nice, warm shower. By the time I had changed into my pajamas, it was already eleven o'clock. I slip into bed, turn on my i-Pod, and think of nothing but what happened tonight before I fell into a deep sleep.

----------------------------------------

The next day at school, I look around for Trevor. But I can't seem to find him anywhere. Before class, I catch up with Reagan and tell her EVERYTHING. I swear, she probably almost just had a heartattack. Soon the bell rang, and I made my way to class, Journalism. I walk in, and there's still no Trevor to be found. I slide into my seat, and start playing with my pencil. Tori walks in and sits in her seat.

"Where's Trevor ?" She asks, turning around.

"Uhm, I'm not really sure." I reply, sighing.

"You probably scared him off." She says, proudly and turns back around. I pull out my phone and text Trevor.

Me; Hey, where are you today ? :(

Trevor; I, uh, got sick last night ! I'll be back tomorrow, promise. :)

Me; Oh kay !

I put my phone away as Mr. Davenport walks in. He takes roll, and immediately goes off into a discussion concerning the points of view in writing. I hardly pay attention. I’m tired, and cannot stop thinking about Trevor. No, stop, you think about him too much. I mentally scolded myself. The bell rang, and I packed up my stuff and quickly made my way to Math.
“Why so glum, hun ?” Reagan asks, as I take my seat next to hers.
“I just.. cannot stop thinking about Trevor.” I say. “I texted him and he said he was sick, and promised he’d be back tomorrow, but I don’t know. There’s just something inside that’s got me a tad bit more worried this time.”
“Awh, this is too cute. Just text him later and make sure everything is oh kay.” She finishes.
I smile, and turn to the front of the class.

Before I knew it, it was lunch time, and boy was I hungry ! I quickly took the seat across from Mitchell, and starting shoving multiple cheese itz in my mouth at the same time.
“Uhm, and I’m the messy eater ?” He asks, giving me a funny look.
I shrug, and just continue eating them.
“So how’d the date go ?” He finally asks.
I knew he would bring this up.
“I’m not really sure if it was a date, Mitchell. But it was great, I had a lot of fun.” I say, smiling.
“Yeah, he called me and would NOT shut up about how cute your laugh was, and how cool of a person you were, and how pretty you looked, and how blue your eyes shown in the sun.” He says. “There’s more than that, but I ain’t naming them all.”
“Woah..” Was all I could manage to get out.
Maybe Trevor does like me, and I’m just trying to push it away. I’m not sure why, because I’ve wanted him to like me back, and ask me out for so many years now. Maybe I was thinking it was too good to be true. THERE. That’s it.
“Where is he today ?” I ask.
“He said he got sick this morning.” Mitchell answers back.
I just nod my head and eat the rest of my lunch in silence.

----------------------------------------

There. I was finished. It took me two hours, to finish my homework on the second day of school. But most of that time was taken up by my Writing assignment for Mr. Davenport’s class. I was impressed, and hoped he would be as well. I stretch, and lay back on my pillows. I’m just about to doze off when there’s a knock at my door.
“Come in.” I say.
Trevor walks in, and sits at the end of my bed.
“Uhm, hi Mr. Sickling.” I raise one eyebrow.
He’s got some major bags under his eyes, not to mention his slightly blood shot eyes, and rosy cheeks. He looks sick.
“Are you oh kay ? You look.. awful, no offense, and you look like there’s something bothering you.” I say.
He shakes his head no.
I move closer to him, and notice a cold sore just above his top lip. I touch it lightly with my thumb. He turns and looks me directly in the eyes.
“What’s wrong ?” I ask, just above a whisper.
“I’m not really sick.”
I look at him, giving him a confused look.
“If I tell you, you can’t tell anyone ! Not even Mitchell. This is our secret.” He whispers.
I nod my head.
“Last night, after I left your house, my friend texted me saying he had something to give me and told me to meet him somewhere. I did, and once I got there, he handed me…” He trailed off.
“Handed you.. ?”
“A bag of white powdery stuff.” He finishes.
I know exactly what he means. My demeanor turns sad. Trevor, does drugs ? This doesn’t seem right.
“I knew this was something that just didn’t feel right.” I say.
“I’m soory, Aria. You don’t hate me, do you ?” He says.
He seriously looks concerned.
“Of course I don’t hate you !” I say. “But.. how long have you been doing drugs ? And why.”
“I’ve been doing them off and on for about a year now.” He says. “But the reason why ? Long story.”
“I’ve got all the time you need.” I say, rubbing my thumb on his chin.
He smiles, takes my hand, and begins to explain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. :3 so I'm about to go work on chapter three AS WE SPEAK. So I hope you all enjoyed chapter two. Kinda saucey, eh ? Haha, just kidding. But anyways. Thanks all !