Status: Done.

You're Leaving Me Just When I Thought You Were Mine

The Past.

"Is he seriously ditching us again!?" I shouted, putting my phone back in my pocket and waiting outside of the bar for Vic to arrive, which apparently he's going to lag, once again. "I'm getting fed up with this and his stupid band."
"Let me try calling." Denise got her sidekick out and dialed his number. I leaned back on the wall with my eyes closed and looking up.

Vic, Vic, fuckin' Vic. I'm going to strangle you if you don't show up.

"Vic, would it kill you to just man up and answer your phone and tell us you can't make it?"
I step closer to Denise and lay my ear on her phone to listen.
"I'm sorry, you just know how much I've been wanting to start a band." he said over the other line.
"Well get your ass over here."
"I....can't you see--"
I grabbed the phone and started shouting at him, "I'm giving you ten fucking minutes to show up or else you can kiss our friendship goodbye!"
"Bekah, we got a last minute gig at the house of blue's in Anaheim. We're opening up for some band and this could be it!" He sounded excited but I wasn't. I stood quiet.
"Aren't you excited for me?" He said in a sad tone, it feels like a knife went through my stomach.
"Victor you know I am it's just that you keep ditching Denise and I for your band. Even when you promise to show up, 'something' always comes up."
"We're working our asses off to get signed. A record company spoke to us today saying they heard so much good stuff about our band and can't wait to listen to our music. We can finally get signed, Bekah!"
I didn't say a word. I ran my hand through my hair not knowing what to say.
"I'll come over after our set. I swear to God this time. I fucking swear I'll be there."
"I have to wake up early tomorrow to prep for the game. I'll just see you another time. If I get the chance to see you. Just forget it, Vic."
"Bek, don't stay mad at me."
"Bye Vic." I passed the phone to Den and go back to my car, and then drive back to our dorms.

I stayed in my room with my headphones on and the music blaring. I was mad at Vic and I just wanted to punch his perfectly handsome face that I love so much.

I hate guys so much. I'm getting real tired of their shit.

The song I was listening to finished and I heard a knock on my door.
I take off my head phones and slowly get up to answer the door.
A guy was standing there holding a bouquet of flowers. "Are you Bekah Loveland?"
"Yes?" I was confused, and looked around him as he stood in the hallway.
"These are for you," he handed the flowers to me. "Have a pleasant day today." He smiled, turned around and left.

What? I never get flowers. This is a joke.

There was a small card in them and it said, "Sorry dork face, please forgive me? -Vicster."
I couldn't help but smile at the stupid card and the stupid card. I'm still mad at him.

~ Next day

"GO, VIC!" We shouted on top of our lungs, throwing our pom-poms in the air as Vic stole the ball from the other team and was aiming for the goal. "Com' on, Vic! Go!" I shouted louder. Jumping around, pretty sure losing my voice.
He brought his leg back, kicked it with all the force he had, and scores the winning goal. Me and Denise both scream and hugged each other and the whole crowd roared. We ran to Vic for a hug, to congratulate him, but he totally ignored us and went to his friends in the soccer game and 'bro hugged' them all.

He's getting so caught up in this. Like all of it. He kept ignoring us, also.

"Com' on, Bek. We should go. I have a surprise for you anyway." Denise said pulling me away, from the crowd. We walked inside the locker rooms, grabbed our duffel bags, and left without a word. We walked out of the locker rooms and headed to our dorm.

As we made our way to the dorm, everyone was shouting that we won, we kept getting high fives every now and then. But, it didn't feel right, Vic should be walking with us. He should be celebrating with us. He's been completely ignoring Denise and I. He hasn't been coming over, he hasn't texted, or called us. It's really annoying since he's been like that. It really hurt.
I have been pulled away from my thoughts as we arrive to our door, Denise unlocks it, and we walk in.

I see a familiar tall, lanky boy sitting on the edge of my bed. "Mikey!" I yelled, dropped my bag and hugged him around his waist, "Oh my God! I've missed you so much!" I hugged him tighter. He hugged me tightly back.
"I told you I had a surprise for you. He called me a couple days ago, the last time you spoke with him." Denise said hugging him as well.
"Nice cheer uniform." He chuckled and sat back on my bed, "So how was the game?"
"We won. But, your older brother is being a total dil hole right now." Denise added, getting stuff out of her duffel bag.
"I'm sorry. But, we have some great news. Meaning Vic and I." Mike said rubbing his hands together.
"Alright, shoot." I said as I was putting dirty clothes in the basket so I can wash later.
"Me and Vic got signed!" He said putting his hands in the air.
"That's great, Mike! That really is." I forced a smile and hugged him again, "What's the band name?"
"Well we wanted to go with The Lonely Boys but it was already being used so we decided on Pierce The Veil." He smiled.
"Pierce the what?" Denise said.
"It means goes straight to the problem. Vic came up with it."
"Wait, since you guys got singed. What about Vic? What about college?" Denise asked with concern and sitting on the bed across from me.
"Well, he's not going to drop out that's one thing." I said laying back on my bean bag.
"But, what if--" Mike started.
"NO. He's NOT going to fucking drop out. That's final." I shouted standing up, with my hands clenched in fists.
"He might have to, Bekah." Mike said keeping calm, knowing how I get when I get pissed off.
"No, Mike. Vic is not dropping out. I won't let him." I said on the verge of tears, "I'm not going to let my best friend leave." I walked to the door and held the door knob, "It's not going to happen." I say one last time and storm out of the room and slam the door shut behind me.
I climbed down the stairs and ran outside. Shoving everyone who passed me.
I needed to think, I needed to think about what was going to happen. Vic is not going to drop out. I can't let my best friend leave just like that.

-Denise-

"Knock, knock." I heard someone say as they were opening the door.
"Wow, look who deiced to actually talked to us." I said putting a hand on my chest and spat fire.
"Look, I'm sorry. I really am." He said shutting the door behind him.
"Well it'd be nice if you showed your face every once in a while, Victor." I frowned and leaned on Mike's arm.
"I know you're mad, only because you're using my actual name. Mike, help me out here?" He turned to his younger brother for help, Mike threw his arms up in the air as a 'don't bring me into your problems' gesture, "I've been caught up in trying to get signed!" He said with a small smile. Like I was going to forgive him that quick.
"Well Mike already told us that part." I said grabbing my phone from my pocket, "Got anything else to say?"
Vic stayed silent for a moment, "Let me make it up to you guys, let's go out tonight. And I promise I won't forget about you guys again." He said making puppy dogs eyes. "Wait, where's Beks?" he searched the room not finding her.
I got up and punched his arm.
"Ow! What was that for!?" He said holding his arm.
I pointed to the door, "She stormed out. You know how she gets when she's pissed."
"Pissed about what?" He asked quickly.
I gave him a look, one of those look that'll explain everything, but he had a confused facial expression.
"Go find her already!" I yelled, and pointed at the door again.
"Yeah, let me walk outside and magically find her in the hall way."
I got ready to punch him again.
"Don't punch me again! You punch harder than Mike. I'll go look for her. Don't go anywhere!" He said running out the door, holding his hand out, making sure we didn't leave.
He shut the door, and left.
I jumped on Mike and lied down next to him. "Don't forget about Bekah and I when you guys become famous like Metallica or whatever type of music you guys play." I said softly and traced the red and black circle tattoo on his forearm.
"I won't. I pinky swear I'll call you and text you to let you know how everything is." He held out his pinky and I interlocked it with mine.
"You said it." I smiled. He kissed my forehead and we stood there talking, waiting for Vic and Bek.

-Bekah-

"Bekah, just bare with me here." Vic said catching up to me as I walked away the other two times.
"What Vic! What! I'm trying to help you! I don't want you to throw this away, you can't drop out. You've come to fucking far! You can't leave me or Denise behind. We made a pact." I said turning to face him, my arms in the air, making gestures.
"I won't forget you guys, you're my best friends." He said trying to touch my arm. I shoved it away. He stood there slowly bringing his arm back down.
"You already have, Vic. You have been forgetting us. It's like we aren't a part of your life anymore. Do you have any idea how much that hurts me?" I shouted, pointing at myself taking steps closer to him.
Vic stood there contemplating his thoughts, "I won't forget you. I promise that on my life."
"No." I said staring at him.
"No what?" He said holding his arm to him.
"Promise me you won't drop out. Promise me that you won't fucking drop out, Vic. Fucking promise me that." I said trying not to cry, holding out my pinky, like we use to do.
Vic hesitated, and slowly hooked his pinky with mine, "I promise." He said and hooked it tightly, "I promise." He said one more time to himself.


"Bekah," Denise said pulling me back from the past, taking back Vic's old beanie from my hands, the same beanie I took from him the night we had our first kiss. "Why haven't you gotten rid of this yet?" She sighed then put it back in a box and looked at me.
"I don't know--I was just--" I trailed off.
"Look, what has it been? Like 3 years since we saw him last? He forgot about us. I mean Mike still calls me every now and then to chat." She put the box in the trunk of my car.
"Yeah, yeah. I know, How's Mike been?" I said staring at the boxes in my car, fiddling with the keys I held in my hand.
"He's good, still partying hard, but that's Mike." She sighed again, thinking back to high school.
I stood there staring at my feet.
"You know their band has gotten really popular." Denise said to me.
I looked up at her, "Why should we care? It's stupid enough that girls are drooling all over them. They're stupid. They're idiots! Vic is just a lying son of a bitch! That only loves himself! Who cares! Why should we!" I snapped at Denise. She bit her lower lip, and looked down at the gravel.
"Shit, I'm sorry. I just," I sighed and looked up at the clouds, "I didn't mean to snap, I'm just pissed that's all." I said holding onto the trunk door of my car.
"I know, it's fine. I shouldn't have brought it up. But, look on the bright side. We are leaving this places with his stupid memories." She gave a small smile and patted my shoulder, "We're starting fresh, Bek." She smiled widely.
I laugh to myself, "Yeah you're right." I start to move to the driver's seat, "Anyway, is there anymore boxes?"
"No, Shane got the last one for us." Denise smiled as Shane walks towards us with the box. I rolled my eyes and smile to myself.
I slid into the driver's seat and waited till the trunk door was closed, Denise came in the passenger seat, shut the door, and rolled down the window, "You sure you don't need any help with your stuff, Shane?" She asked out the window, as Shane bent down at eye level to her.
"Nah, I got it, babe. I'll come over tomorrow or tonight or something." He said smiling at both of us. I rolled my eyes and started the car.
"Alright, just call me then." She said and leaned her head out the window to kiss him.
"Sure thing. Be careful on your way to your new house! Drive safe!" He shouted and waved as I left out of the parking lot.

"New place here we come." I said to myself pulling on to the highway.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Did you guys like it? Tell us if you did!! Leave us comments and such! This chapter had both of our flashbacks in the them. And now it's three years past since Vic left, and now they're setting off on a new journey and starting a new.
Hopefully to forget everything that happened.

-Bekah