Status: Completed

The Last Time the Rain Fell

I missed you

“Wait, Olive, please!” Eli called again even though I was walking away from him.

“Eli, don’t call me Olive anymo-” I began only to cut myself off when I turned around and saw the bruise that rested on his jaw, about the size of my fist, “Eli, w-was that me?”

I moved my hand to his jaw, touching it lightly and watching him wince before I quickly ripped my hand away thinking that I had hurt him.

“Don’t worry about it,” he began, “I kind of deserved it anyway. Actually, I definitely deserved it.”

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have punched you. Even if you did deserve it.” I said, watching him start to smirk but end up wincing when it hurt him slightly.

“I broke up with her, when I saw you running away like that and I saw how much it-it hurt you,” Eli began, nervously stuttering his words out slightly, “I knew I couldn’t do that to you.”

“So you’re two steps away from taking someone’s virginity and your way of making something better is breaking up with that girl and going to be with the girl you cheated on her with?” I asked him, not all understanding the way his brain worked.

“Well, when you say it that way it sounds worse than it really is.” he said.

I scoffed, running a nervous hand through my hair.

“I-I need to get to class.” I said before clutching my books harder to my chest and walking away from him with a scrambled brain.

I went to my next class and sat in the back, ignoring the fact that Jake still had an empty seat next to him. The teacher standing in the front of the class turned on the Smart Board and started the PowerPoint presentation that they had prepared for today’s class. I chose to ignore it for the most part, not very interested in the basic Calculus that was being shown on the screen. I placed my arms on the desk and pressed my head on top of them before closing my blue eyes in a vain attempt to catch up on the sleep I have missed over the last few nights.

“Olivia,” a voice next to me began in an attempt to disrupt my small slumber, “Olivia, class is over. You need to wake up.”

I slowly opened my eyes to see Jake standing over me with a smile, Katie and Marisol on either side of him. I slowly sat up straight and stretched my sore limbs out in front of me before running a hand through my hair.

“Thanks guys.” I said to them as I stood up, grabbing my bag as well.

I walked to my locker and threw the books that were in my bag in the locker before taking out the books I would need for my next class and placing them in my bag. I closed my locker door shut and placed my bag over my shoulder.

“Olivia Torres, please report now to the principal’s office.” a voice over the intercom said.

I sighed and ran a hand through my wavy hair before walking down the hallway to the principal’s office. I pushed the door open and felt my blue eyes widen when I was met with the blonde hair and beautiful eyes of my mother.

“Mom!” I said happily, running towards her and wrapping my arms around her thin middle as tears started falling from my eyes.

“Well, it’s good to see you too, Olivia.” she said, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

“I thought you weren’t coming up here for another week or something. What are you doing here so early?” I asked her.

“I wanted to surprise you,” my mother answered sweetly, wiping some of the tears off my face, “Um, I can take her home, right?”

“Yes, yes of course,” the principal began, “just sign here.”

My mom signed her name on the paper and we walked out of the school. She led me to her car and I smiled when I was sat in the comfortable leather seats.

“So,” my mom began as she pulled out of the school parking lot and drove to our new home, “Tell me everything, is there anything new?”

“Mom,” I began, “You don’t even want to know the half of it.”

“Of course I do, Olivia,” she began again, “We tell each other everything, don’t we?”

I sighed and played with my hair, putting it in a side braid and focusing all my attention on the open road in front of us.

“Yeah, yeah, we do.” I said to her.

“Then tell me, let’s go get something to eat.” she said, parking in front of a small restaurant that I knew Marisol worked at.

We went to a small booth that sat in the corner and sat across from each other as we looked through the menus. We both ordered what we wanted and when the waitress brought us our drinks, we both let out a relieved sigh before looking at each other.

“So, my beautiful daughter,” she began as she reached her hand out and pushed a piece of my blonde bangs out of my face before tucking it behind my ear so that she could see my big blue eyes, “What is troubling you?”

I shrugged my shoulders, not really wanting to tell her that I had sex with somebody and then actually expected him to change.

“C’mon, sweet pea. Penny for your thoughts?” she said to me.

“There’s nothing to think.”

“That’s bullshit, tell me.” she said, knowing I was lying.

I sighed and toyed with the ends of my braid as I bit down on the corner of my lip.

“His name is Eli…” I began, knowing that the story would take a while.

“Well,” my mom began once I was done, clearing her throat, “That is certainly a lot for a mother to take in.”

I nodded my head, not sure of what to say to her. I took another bite of the oversized cheeseburger in front of me that perfectly resembled the one my mother had sitting in front of her, knowing that I got my large appetite and high metabolism from her.

“Were you guys safe?” she asked me, seriously wondering if Eli and I had used protection the night we had sex.

“Mom!” I said in surprise.

“What, I’m your mother and you’re only seventeen,” she began, “you’re not old enough to have any babies.”

“Mom, did you miss the part when I was telling you that I was drunk? I honestly don’t even know, I hope we were.” I told her honestly.

She sighed and ran a hand through her blonde hair, a nervous habit I had picked up from her. I took the last bite of my large burger before taking a large gulp from my vanilla milkshake.

“Well, I can see why this was pretty, um…” she began, struggling to find the right word, “dramatic and impacting on your life.”

I nodded my head and turned my attention back to the still full plate of fries in front of me.

“Is he cute?” she asked me as she took a gulp of her own large chocolate milkshake.

“Mom,” I began, “he’s so fucking gorgeous.”

She chuckled and I smiled at her.

“Well, do you have a picture of this ‘gorgeous’ boy that has apparently stolen your heart?” she asked me.

I nodded my head and reached into my pocket to pull out my phone, scrolling through the pictures on my phone to find the picture Eli and I took together a few nights ago at the premier of Romeo and Jules. His mossy green eyes were looking at the camera with a smirk on his face as I pressed my lips to his cheek and my arms were wrapped around his neck with his arms around my waist. I showed her my phone and watched her raise an eyebrow.

“Well,” she began, “I guess he really is gorgeous.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, subscribe, and recommend. Also please check out my best friends stories and all of my other stories.

Check out my best friend The Beautiful Gabster who is NEW to Mibba

If you like Ronnie Radke, read my top rated, top subscribed, top everything story Somebody That I Used To Know

For those of you that are Directioners, please check, She’s a Rebel, She’s a Saint it’s a Harry Styles fan-fic. And check out my Niall Horan story, There’s Something About Your Everything.

And, while you’re at it, please read my two Draco Malfoy fan-fic s One More Time For The Broken Hearted and my second one is a love triangle between an Oc, Draco, and Ron Marilyn Bradford and the Inheritance

If you like Black Veil Brides, check out one of my two Andy Biersack stories, I Could’ve Been Normal and also check out the prequel of my second most popular story Sterling Silver Has Never Been So Beautiful

For all those Max Green fans out there, take a look at Close To A Nightmare But Closer To A Dream

If you like Twilight, check out my first story ever, After the Lion Fell in Love With the Lamb.