Status: Completed

The Last Time the Rain Fell

Home

"Well," my mom began once we both finished our large plates of food, "While you were in school I went to Audra's house and moved all of your stuff out. Do you want to go see the house?"

"Of course I do." I said.

She stood up and placed a few bills on the table that was more than enough to cover the cost of our meal. We walked out of the restaurant and got into her nice car. She sped all the way to the house and I smiled.

"I missed your driving." I said with a chuckle.

She rolled her eyes that were just a shade darker than mine and stopped the car in front of a small house that looked to be just the right size for the two of us and our pet.

"It's cute." I said to her as she handed me a key and gestured for me to open the door.

When the door was open, Cameron's body ran towards me and he placed licks all over my body.

"Cameron!" I cried out happily as my mom closed the door behind me, "You've gotten so big, baby boy!"

"Well, he is a pit bull. They tend to grow." my mom joked, pulling her blonde hair into a messy bun on the top of her head as she walked past me and Cameron.

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the sweet dog before me. My mother’s phone started ringing and with a groan, she answered it.

"Mommas stressed." I said to Cameron even though he clearly had no idea what I was saying to him.

I stood up from where I sat on the floor and walked into the nice living room that my mother had already decorated to her liking, giving it a homey feel with the many pictures plastered on the walls and coffee table. I picked up a remote and aimed I at the large television before me, plopping myself down on the comfortable couch.

"Come here baby." I sat to Cameron, patting the spot next to me and watching him jump up on the couch and circle around a bit before he laid down next to me with his head on my lap.

"You're clearly the world’s biggest lap dog." I said to him as I scratched behind his ear and watched his leg kick happily.

"Olivia," my mother began in a stressed tone, "That was my new boss. They want me to go in right now to finish typing up my first article; will you be alright here by yourself? I can bring you to Audra's house if you'd like."

"No it's okay. I'll be alright here. Go to work, don't worry." I said to her.

She nodded her head and walked towards where Cameron and I sat. She placed a kiss on top of my hair and placed a kiss on Cameron's head.

"I'll call you when I'm on my way home. If you need anything, call me. I'll leave money in the kitchen so you can order pizza or something." she said, fishing in her wallet and pulling out a twenty.

She walked out of the house and I was left alone, watching a documentary about the origin of Halloween with Cameron’s head in my lap. Around three, when the special was almost over, a knock on the wooden door alerted my senses. I stood up and walked to the doors with Cameron protectively trailing behind me, opening it and my eyes widening at the sight before me.

"Hi, um I live down the block and my mom just wanted me to bring you guys something to welcome you to the-" he looked up from the plate in his hands, his eyes meeting mine in surprise, "Olive, what are you doing here?"

"I live here now. My mom bought the house and we moved in today." I explained, biting my lip when I was done and nervously tugging on the sleeve of my sweater.

"Oh, well I guess this is for you." he said, handing me the plate in his hands.

I took it from him and walked into the kitchen to place the plate on the counter.

"Olivia." he called, making me turn around to look him in the eyes.

I opened my mouth to talk but my words were cut off when Eli's warm lips found my own, my arms instinctively moving to wrap around his neck.

"We really can't do this anymore." I said as he picked me up and placed me on the counter.

"Liv, I broke up with her. I only want to be with you." he said, placing his hand on the side of my face.

I shook my head and he sighed, using the hand that was previously on my face to push his dark hair out of his face.

"If you don't want to be with me for whatever reason then I understand. I'm not going to force you to do anything. You mean too much to me for me to do that to you."

"You do, you care about me that way?" I asked, one of my legs moving to be around his waist and one of my hands going to the side of his face.

"Of course I do. More than anything."

"Really?" I asked with a blush on my cheeks.

"Yeah, I love you, Olive." he said sweetly.

My lips met his and I could tell he was shocked because it took him a few seconds to respond. One of his hand moved to the back of my leg as he pulled the other one around my waist and his other hand moved to my waist.

"Well," I heard a voice begin, making Eli and I pull away from each other as we looked in the direction the voice came from even though we were still tangled up in our previous position, "From what I heard earlier I guess I should have eventually expected I walk in on something like this."

"Mom, this is Eli." I said, sliding off the counter and pulling him with me as I walked over to my mother.

"I kind of figured." she joked.

"Well, this has been sufficiently awkward," I began after a moment of silence, "Um, Eli, I think you should go."

Eli nodded his head.

"Yeah, I assumed so." he said as I walked him to the door, "I'll see you tomorrow at school, right?"

I nodded my head with a smile on my face.

"Yeah, of course." I said.

He placed a finger under my chin and brought my lips to his in a small and sweet good bye kiss. When we pulled away from each other, we had matching smiles on our faces before he turned to walk away.

I closed the door and turned around, leaning on the cold wood of the door as I looked at my mom with my teeth digging into my bottom lip.

"So, would you kid explaining that to me so I can be a good parent or am I supposed to pretend I didn't see that?"

"It would be nice if you can pretend you didn't see it but I know you're not going to." I said.

"Tell me everything." she said as she led me to what I assumed was her bedroom so she could change into her pajamas.

"Well, he lives a few houses down so his mom sent him over with some cupcakes and one thing kind of just led to another." I explained.

"So am I to assume that I'll be seeing a lot of this boy?"

I shrugged my shoulders and she rolled her eyes as she pulled her hair out of the bun it was in only to put it back up in a ponytail instead of leaving it loose.

"Mom," I began, "Why are boys so complicated?"

"I don't know, honey." she said with a sigh, "I haven't gone on a date since you were ten."

I sighed and stood up, walking to what was my room to change into my own pajamas. I sat on my bed, happy that it was my one from back home and not a new one as I looked around the Tiffany blue walls that were the same shade of my walls in our old home.

“This room is really plain, don’t you think so, Cameron?” I said aloud, the big pitbull on my bed perking up when he heard me say his name.

I stood up from where I sat and walked over to one of the boxes that had not been unpacked yet, pulling out posters and pictures to decorate the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment subscribe and recommend. While you're at it, also check out some of my other stories. Also for those of you who are fans of One Direction, my best friend Gab has recently made a Mibba and has two very good stories posted. I recommend that you all check them out, all links to everything are below as always.

Check out my best friend The Beautiful Gabster who has AMAZING stories posted on the website we all know and love.

If you like Ronnie Radke, read my top rated, top subscribed, top everything story Somebody That I Used To Know

For those of you that are Directioners, please check out, She’s a Rebel, She’s a Saint it’s a Harry Styles fan-fic.

Reverse This Curse another Harry fan fic.

And check out my Niall Horan story, There’s Something About Your Everything.

And, while you’re at it, please read my two Draco Malfoy fan-fic s One More Time For The Broken Hearted

My love triangle between an Oc, Draco, and Ron Marilyn Bradford and the Inheritance

If you like Black Veil Brides, check out one of my two Andy Biersack stories, I Could’ve Been Normal

And also check out the first part of my trilogy Sterling Silver Has Never Been So Beautiful

For all those Max Green fans out there, take a look at Close To A Nightmare But Closer To A Dream

If you like Twilight, check out my first story ever, After the Lion Fell in Love With the Lamb.