Status: Completed

The Last Time the Rain Fell

The End

“Olivia,” my mom’s voice began early in the morning as she walked into my room while still putting on her earrings, “I need to go to work. I tried to take off since you’re suspended but I have a lot of work to do.”

“Alright.” I grumbled into the pillow that my face was pressed up against with a small groan due to the fact that she woke me up from my peaceful and comfortable slumber.

“I’ll be home around four. You can invite Eli over if you want but please be good and remember that I don’t want grandchildren any time soon.”

“Please get out of my room. You’ve successfully made this exchange between the two of us much more awkward then it needs to be.” I said as I moved my face away from the pillow just long enough to reply to what she just said.

“In that case my job here is done.”

“Goodbye mom.” I said to her.

“Goodbye sweetie.”

I listened as she walked out of the bedroom before making her way out of the house. The sound of her car engine started and I let out a small sigh of relief as I closed my blue eyes again and tried my best to go back to sleep to no avail.

“This is fucking fantastic.” I said with a groan before pulling off the blanket that was covering Cameron and I.

I stood up and made my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Once my shower was over, I slipped on a comfortable purple jumper and some plain black leggings before pulled my multi colored hair that was slowly fading due to the amount of times I washed it into a messy bun on the top of my head. I walked back into my bedroom and picked up my phone, quickly quacking onto my contacts and finding Eli’s name in moments.

“Hello?” his groggy voice asked in a confused tone, letting me know that he was asleep until know and the sound of his phone ringing due to my call was what woke him up.

“You’re so lazy.” I said with a roll of my eyes even though I was sure that even he knew that if it wasn’t for my mother I would still be asleep right now.

“Is there a reason you’re calling me so early in the morning, Olive?” he asked in a tone that made me picture the smirk that was definitely gracing his full lips.

“I’m bored and I wanted you to come over.” I said with a childish whine

“Alright, I’ll be there in ten minutes.” he said.

I heard the small noise of squeaking from his bed and I knew that he was getting out of bed to start getting ready so he could come over.

“Thanks Blueberry!” I exclaimed in a happy tone before hanging up the phone.

I placed my phone in my bra and got off of my bed before making my bed down the stairs and into the kitchen with Cameron’s large, slightly intimidating body following me as always. I took out a package of blueberry pop tarts from the familiar blue box that was in the cupboard by my head.

“Are you hungry, baby?” I asked him as I scratched him behind his ear lightly and watched as he wagged his tail happily.

I put a cup of the dry dog food in his bowl after placing my two pop tarts into the toaster. Cameron happily scampered over to the large dog food bowl that was sitting on the floor by the fridge, slipping slightly sure to the nicely polished floor that was below his paws.

“You’re so cute. I hope that in my next life if I’m a dog I get to be as pretty as you are.” I said to him as I took the sugary pastries out of the toaster and put them on a plate.

I took a big bite out of one of them, my head shooting towards the window when there was a knock on the front door. I walked to the door with the plate still in my hand and a mouth full of the blueberry pop tart that I took a large bite of a moment ago. I opened the door to see Eli standing there with a smile on his face and a small lining of eyeliner around his green eyes.

“Hey, Olive!” he greeted happily as he placed a small kiss on my forehead before he took the other pop tart that didn’t have a bite missing from it off of my plate.

“Hey Blueberry.” I greeted in an equally as happy tone as I moved so that I was on my tip toes and I placed a small kiss on his pink lips, “Why are you all wet?”

He looked at me and out the door, looking back and forth for a few moments before what he was trying to tell me finally clicked in my head.

“Oh, it’s raining…” I said, finally noticing the pouring rain coming from the dark clouds outside.

“It hasn’t rained in a while.” I said to him, my eyebrows furrowing together as I tried to think of the last time it rained since I’ve gotten here.

“I think the last time it rained was the day we met.” Eli said, looking outside of the still-opened door.

“What do you want to do?” he asked me as we walked up the stairs to my bedroom.

“Don’t get too excited, I’m too tired to do anything today.” I said, watching as he rolled his green eyes at my words.

“So what,” he began, “We’re just going to have an extreme staring contest?”

I felt my eyes widen in wonder and I plopped myself down on the bed, patting the spot across from me in a gesture for him to sit down. He sat exactly where I told him and looked at me with confused yet curious eyes.

“Ready?” I began, watching as he nodded his head when he realized what I was referring to, “Go!”

His mossy green eyes stared into mine as we sat across from each other on my bed in pure silence. After just a few more seconds of us staring at each other he blinked and I let out a small happy scream knowing that I had won the intense staring contest.

“Your eyes must be robotic or something.” Eli said as he rubbed away at his eyes and his eyeliner went all over his face.

“You’re just mad because I always win everything.” I said with a roll of my slightly sore eyes as I took a sip from the water bottle that was in Eli’s hand.

He rolled his eyes as well before taking the water bottle from my hands and screwing the cap back onto the top, placing the plastic bottle on the floor beside my bed and slowly making his way closer to me.

“What would you do if I told you I love you right now?” he asked me, biting down on his lip briefly before turning his attention to my neck where he placed a few small kisses on my skin that was already marked thanks to him.

“Um, throw you out of my house, punch a baby, deep fry an iguana, move to Cancun, and probably eat ice cream until I die. Why do you ask?” I asked him as he let out a few small chuckles.

“I’m being serious.” he said with a whine.

“Eli, I told you a really long time ago that I’m not going to fall in love with anybody anytime soon after what happened in my past relationship. Please respect that.” I pleaded.

“I respect it, I just thought you should know that I do care about you.”

“And apparently you love me?”

“More than anything.”

I rolled my eyes and brought his lips closer to mine, my tongue slipping into his mouth and noticing that he was not responding to my advances with the same excitement that he usually had. I tangled my fingers in his dark hair and rolled us over so that I was on top of him.

“Alright,” I began as I pulled away from him, “What’s wrong?”

His hand moved to caress my face and the pad of his thumb lightly rubbed against my cheek, an action that he rarely did and I noticed a few warm shocks running up and down my spine. He slowly leaned up to my lips and pressed his warm lips against mine briefly in a sweet, slow kiss that was much different than any of the ones we had ever shared before.

“I guess being in love with you wouldn’t be so bad.” I said in a teasing tone that I knew would make him chuckle a bit, watching as he rolled his eyes at my words yet again before bringing me closer to him and placing another chaste kiss on my lips.

“So, are you in love with me?” he asked when we finally pulled away from each other long enough for one of us to say anything to the other.

I shrugged my shoulders and he pulled me in for a surprisingly passionate kiss.

“I guess it all depends. What would you say if I told you that I am, indeed, in love with you?” I whispered when we pulled away from the passion, my lips just barely brushing against his lightly with each word that left my mouth.

“I’d say that I love you too.” he said to me with a small smile on his face as if his words were the most simple and understandable things to understand in the world.

I promised myself I would never fall in love again. I promised myself that I would never subject myself to the pain that one feels when their love is not returned. But my love was returned for once. It took just barely twelve days and I already knew that I was truly, madly, deeply, crazily, forever in love with Elijah Goldsworthy…
♠ ♠ ♠
....This is the last chapter....

Please comment and recommend for the last time. Also, follow me on Tumblr and check out my other stories and the stories that my best friend Gab has posted.

FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr

Check out my best friend The Beautiful Gabster who has AMAZING stories posted on the website we all know and love.

If you like Ronnie Radke, read my top rated, top subscribed, top everything story Somebody That I Used To Know

For those of you that are Directioners, please check out, She’s a Rebel, She’s a Saint it’s a Harry Styles fan-fic.

Please check out my other Harry Styles fan fiction that is based off of the popular movie 'Beastly' Reverse This Curse

And check out my Niall Horan story, There’s Something About Your Everything.

And, while you’re at it, please read my two Draco Malfoy fan-fic s One More Time For The Broken Hearted

My love triangle between an Oc, Draco, and Ron Marilyn Bradford and the Inheritance

If you like Black Veil Brides, check out one of my two Andy Biersack stories, I Could’ve Been Normal

And also check out the first part of my trilogy Sterling Silver Has Never Been So Beautiful

For all those Max Green fans out there, take a look at Close To A Nightmare But Closer To A Dream

If you like Twilight, check out my first story ever, After the Lion Fell in Love With the Lamb.