Status: Updating when I can :-)

I Found You

Eighteen

Brian knew that Rosie would be too afraid to tell him but he had a right to know. Not only was Rosie apart of the family now, but this was putting everyone else in danger too.

So Brian did the only thing that would keep everyone safe. He took Zacky to Buffalo Wild Wings, the only place that he would be at his calmest without her by his side. He ordered the biggest selection of wings and a couple beers for them and they watched the game on their flat screen.

“Holy shit dude did you fucking see that?” Zacky said right as the replay faded into a commercial.
“Zack man, I have something to tell you.” he said ordering two more beers for them. “You can’t get upset about this, like at all.”

“Why would I get upset?”

“We all know about Rosie’s past…” he stuttered. “And how we didn’t judge her on it or anything but…” he stopped not knowing how to say what he wanted to convey.

“Brian you better tell me what the fuck is going on right now.”

“Well whoever the hell she’s running from found her man. He’s been calling the house, sending notes and, fuck, who know what else. I told her that she should say something to you but she’s terrified. She doesn’t even know that I’m here telling you this. She would kill me if she knew that I was telling you.”

Zacky sat there quiet for a long time. He couldn’t be mad at her because he, even though he couldn’t relate, he knew that this must’ve been horrifying for her. But he was pissed at whoever this guy was for threatening his family’s safety.

“So what do you suggest we do?” he asked in a deadly tone.

“I honestly have no idea…we don’t know what we’re up against. We don’t know if he’s cartel or mafia, this isn’t something we’ve been involved with before.”

“I know but he can’t keep fucking with my family.” Zacky sighed, rubbing his hand down his face. “maybe if we try to pay him off, he’ll back up.”

“You really think so?”

“If he’s so desperate to give her up, then he must be hard up for cash.” Zacky shrugged.

“It might not work that way man. He could be fucking nuts.”

“Well we’ll deal with that when we get to it.” he stood up, threw a hundred dollar bill on the table and grabbed his keys. “We better hurry back to the house if we want to catch his phone call.

Brian saw the determination in his friend’s eyes and knew that there was no turning back at this point. Zacky would do whatever he had to in order to protect his family. So Brian got up and followed his friend, who didn’t care about traffic laws once he started his car.

The phone was ringing when they unlocked the door and stepped inside. Zacky jumped over the armchair in the living room to pick it up.

“Hello.” He said pressing the speaker button.

“Hello, am I speaking to the man of the house?” asked a deep voice.

“Yeah you are. Are you the asshole that’s been stalking Rosie?” Zacky demanded.

“Well, I wouldn’t use the word asshole…more like determined. I’m guessing you’re Zachary?”

“Look, dick, I have a lot of money. I will pay whatever you need me to pay to keep you away from her. She doesn’t work for you anymore.”

“I don’t want your money. I want my property! Don’t think because she stumbled onto your fucking doorstep that she belongs to you! She’s mine!”

“Listen you fucker,” Brian piped in, now in a rage, “You’re not gonna touch her or anyone else in this house. You don’t own anyone.”

“Oh? I guess you forgot about the tiny toddler that you all love so much. I made her, I can take her away if I want to.” he growled.

The front door opened and Rosie came walking in with Val right beside her.

“Hi guys.” She smiled as Kendall raced past her to jump on Brian.

“Hello Rosie, I miss you. I miss Kendall too.”

Seeing the distressed look on her face, Val picked up Kendall and took her to the kitchen for a snack before heading up to her room.

“Why can’t you just leave me alone?” she asked in a tiny voice.

“You’re mine darling, we created life together…you can’t expect me to just pretend that I don’t have a family.”

“She’s not you daughter!”

“She’s my property just as much as you are Rosemarie. Let’s not play games. My brother said that there were six other people in your house? We wouldn’t want them to pay for your mistakes now would we?”

Rosie looked at Brian, Zacky and Val, knowing good and well what he means when he says that. She’s seen just how gruesome he was and she couldn’t let that happen.

Before she could say anything Brian yelled for him to leave them alone then hung up.
Val draped her arm around Rosie in support.

“Zack…” Rosie tried to say something to him but he simply stomped out of the room and upstairs. She stared at him sadly, wishing that she would’ve just followed Brian’s advice sooner.

Brian looked at her, his eyes sparkling with sympathy. “I’m sorry Rose, he had to know. Just give him some time. I doubt he’s pissed at you, he’s just scared for all of us.”

“Don’t apologize Brian.” It was all Rosie could muster. She knew that staying here would put them all in danger but she wanted to just enjoy life. She hadn’t in a long time and it was nice. But her selfish ways had put the people she’d come to love in danger.

That night at dinner, everything seemed normal. Rosie was the only one sitting at the table silently as they all ate and joked around. She watched the smiles on everyone’s faces, their laughs echoing in her ears, fueling the guilt in her stomach.

There was only one way to fix this and as much as it hurt to have to do this, she knew that she couldn’t be selfish anymore.

So after Kendall had been put to bed, her first stop was Val and Matt’s room. She found them curled up on their bed. Matt whispered sweet nothings to her belly and Rosie hated to interrupt.

Once she’d pulled her into the hallway, Rosie explained to her what she wanted.

“Rosie, are you sure?” Val asked with worry.

“No but it’s what I have to do.”

“Look maybe you should talk to Zacky-”

“This isn’t his decision. Just please help me.” She begged.

“Alright, I will.”

Rosie handed her the envelope hugged her tight and went to Zacky’s room. He was sprawled out on the bed sleep, she thought he would be. He’d had seconds at least three times so she was surprised he didn’t pass out at the table.

But she placed the envelope by his bed, kissed his forehead then went to her room where her backpack was packed and ready to go. She grabbed her plane ticket and left as quietly as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't updated in a while but I lost the chapter that I had for this and finally got over my writer's block enough to rewrite it. I hope you guys like it, I personally think it's so-so but thing's will get progressively better! Hope you guys like the new layout too!

Comment, recommend and subscribe!!!