Status: This is my first story on this site. I hope you enjoy it; feedback would be amazing.

Wake Me up When My Story Ends

(Un)Fortunate Circumstances

Draco crept down the corridor, squinting in the small radius of light his wand was providing. His ears were keen, picking up even the slightest noise over the dull snoring of the aged portraits.

Hopefully Flint’s having better luck than I am, Draco frowned, glancing behind him while looking for any other source of light. Draco had gotten a lead that the Gryffindors would be leaving their common room tonight so he and the rest of the Inquisitorial Squad were scowering the halls for them. This way, the Gryffindors would lead them right to the elusive hideout for their secretive DA meetings. Maybe if Draco got lucky, he’d catch Potter himself.

An abrupt clicking of heels near the end of the corridor startled Draco, who could see the shadow of a small witch, pointed hat included, about to turn the corner. For a moment Draco was unsure if this was a teacher or a student, he was vehemently wishing for the latter, but their familiar sharp words revealed her identity, “Heavens, two Gryffindor’s in one night and in the astronomy tower? What were you two thinking? Come to my office now, the both of you.”

“Nox,” Draco whispered, sliding his wand back into his pocket. He could see McGonagall rounding the corner up ahead, two solemn males flanking behind her. Before he could rejoice in their capture, he dove into a nearby supply closet while McGonagall hurried down the hall with refreshed fervor at hearing Draco’s disappearing footsteps.

Draco immediately became aware of something heated being pressed against his body in the narrow closet. His nose was buried in soft strands of vanilla and inhaling the scent made him pleasurably light headed. It wasn’t until the warm mass against him became stiff and the supple tresses skimmed across his face that he came to and realized that he was pressed against a person.

“Er- hello?”

Draco bit down on his lower lip to avoid groaning out loud. He was now all too aware of how close their bodies were. This familiarly mellow voice was going to be the death of him.

“What are you doing?” Draco hissed, his hand twitching to exasperatedly run through his hair but there wasn’t nearly enough room in the closet to even do that. She had told him that she wasn’t in Dumbledore’s Army. Doesn’t she know how much trouble she can get in for this? If someone else had caught her and they had taken her to Umbridge, her report would go straight to the ministry and an undercover Death Eater could easily find Alexa’s name on the list.

By now, Alexa had recognized Draco’s gruff tone as well. His aggressiveness startled her though, she was only flustered by the situation and she saw no reason for him to get this frustrated, “… I’m in the middle of a game of manhunt.”

This time a soft groan did slip out of Draco’s lips, his warm breath washing over Alexa’s face, “Manhunt… You’re playing a game called manhunt…”

“Mhm, Dean suggested it,” Alexa nodded, trying to turn her head away from Draco but she could only move it a few degrees. She was already pressed against the metallic shelves behind her and he was equally as squished. The question is what he’s doing here, “Mind telling me why you’re in here?”

Draco vaguely glanced to his right where he had entered but through the dark he couldn’t even make out the door. At least Alexa’s eyes were at least somewhat adjusted to the lack of light so she could distinguish a hazy outline of his head right in front of her, but everything was completely lost in the darkness to him.

“That old hag McGonagall was coming…” Draco bitterly muttered, idly wondering if she had given up on her small search for the noise Draco made. Maybe they should be whispering a little bit softer…

Alexa opened her mouth to retort for her teacher’s behalf but stopped herself short, knowing better than to rile Draco in a position like this. She wanted to press further on why he was out of his bed himself but she also knew that he wouldn’t tell her. He never told her anything yet he got to know everything about her…

“She’s probably gone now, you can go.”

To Alexa, that seemed like the most logical way to end this situation. Both of them were undoubtedly uncomfortably in this state, especially since they’re supposed to be strangers all over again. Nevertheless, she wasn’t about to leave just to be found by Lee Jordan moments later, much less in the company of Draco Malfoy.

“Unlike you Gryffindors, I’d prefer not to get detention,” Draco snapped, his hand similarly itching for the door. It was taking all of his self-control not to slouch even half of an inch because then their lips would only be centimeters apart. Who knows what would happen then.

“Yes,” Alexa rolled her eyes through the dark, loudly huffing, “Because a harmless dung bomb warrants a detention over harassing your classmates.”

“Shut up; don’t get us caught just because McGonagall likes you. You study almost as much as Granger does after all,” Draco said, narrowing his eyes at the smaller figure in front of him. He was beginning to make out the outline of her hair but it was brushing against his face no matter what direction he moved in to avoid it.

“Mhm, at least I don’t fail,” Alexa laughed when Draco softly growled, pleased that her lucky guess proved to be correct. She knew he was doing badly in that class but she didn’t know he was actually failing.

Draco could faintly hear footsteps outside the door in the hall again. He couldn’t make out if they were McGonagall’s heels or just another student but nonetheless he wasn’t willing to get caught because of or with Alexa.

“When I say something,” Draco mutedly warned, his threatening whisper effectively hushing Alexa’s soft chuckles, “Listen to me. Shut. Up.

Alexa tried to keep her voice low for both of their sakes, but she spoke nonetheless. Her chin was still indignantly pointed upward, the proud blood in her veins leading her words, “Please, you can’t make me-“

Draco irritably leaned down, decidedly choosing to silence her himself. With his arms pinned to his sides, his lips precisely reeled in to hers by the sexual tension in between the two. The small ‘o’ Alexa’s mouth was making quickly disappeared as her lips immediately conformed to his.

Both of their minds became muddled as their heart rates raced, adrenaline pumping throughout the both of them. Passion grew faster than wildfire, igniting in between them as their lips continued morphing with each other’s.

Even when they shortly drew away for air, even when both of them were at least conscious enough to realize what they were doing, their unspoken desire brought them back together before they could dwell on it. All they craved right now was each other. For weeks this sexual tension had grown in between them, every smirk on his lips or bat of her eyes was tough to ignore but this implicit attraction was clear to the both of them.

This time when they broke away to gasp for air, her minty breath woke Draco up. His previously closed eyes flew open, suddenly conscious of what was happening in between the two of them.

When Draco’s smooth lips didn’t return to her own, Alexa became very self-aware of herself and their heated condition. While she still wanted more, the longing hadn't extinguished within her, she tried her best to suppress it.

“Er- I have to go,” Draco murmured, fumbling around the door with his right hand for the door knob before slipping out into the cooler corridor, McGonagall the last thing on his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed that chapter, it was fun to write. Things are finally heating up between the two eh? Well thanks for reading regardless, expect a new update.. soon? I still have to edit the next chapter. Then again, I edited this one this very morning in ten minutes before I had to run off to school. Haha, well thanks again for reading. :)