‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

Hearing heavy conversations

I knocked on the large door before letting myself in the house. "Hello?" I called out.

"Living room!" Greta shouted back. I smiled and took off shoes before following the voices. The hallway had finally been decorated with pictures. My personal favorite was two day old Braydon asleep in the Stanley Cup. Kris and Greta stood beside it. Kris had a smile brighter than the sun. You could tell he was on top of the world.

I walked in the living room and was surprised to see Sidney holding Braydon in his lap. I looked at Greta, "I thought I was babysitting."

"I don't want you to be alone, and Kris had already asked Sid. I figured you could have some company once Bray goes to sleep." She grabbed her purse and met Kris at the door. "We'll be back by midnight! Thanks guys!" The door shut and I was left with the two kids.

"So, I hope you know how to change a diaper because I am not dealing with that." I playful shoved Sid at his comment.

"Whatever, you big baby. I can change his diapers. What did Greta tell you to do?"

"She already fed him and gave him a bath. All we have to do is change him, make sure he gets to bed, and that he's okay."

I grabbed Braydon from Sid's arms. "Why don't you stay here. I can take care of all of that."

"No," he stood up with me, "I want to help." I smiled and we got Braydon ready for bed.

***

Sid and I flopped onto the couch after getting Braydon to fall asleep. He wanted his parents, and started crying. The crying ended up tiring him out and he was fast asleep.

Sid turned on the TV to ESPN and we watched whatever game was on. He yawned and started to place his arm around the back of the couch. "Hey, don't go pulling that move. I have a boyfriend." That immediately stopped him.

"Yeah," he replied with a jealous tone. He shifted in his sit and moved away from me.

"What is your problem? All I said was that I have a boyfriend." I crossed my hands over my chest. Sid reached forward and grabbed my hands. He held them out between us.

"That’s exactly it. I want you to be mine, just mine. I don't want you to be with him. I care about you so much, Anne." His left hand found its way to my check. I avoided his gaze and looked at our hands that were connected.

I wanted this. I wanted us. But I didn't want to break up with Charlie. I still cared about him and didn't want to break up with him for no reason. "Sid, I..." I was cut off by his lips.

Our lips pressed together made me forget my thoughts. My hands wrapped around his neck and his moved around my waist. Our mouths battled for dominance. There was something about kissing Sid that didn't compare to kissing Charlie. There was a spark between us that didn't exist with Charlie.

I had completely forgotten that we were babysitting. Kris clearing his throat broke Sid and me apart right away. We looked at Kris and Greta. Kris had one hand over Greta's eyes. "No need to scar anyone." She shoved his arm out of the way.

Sid's face was redder than a tomato. I only smirked and bid the couple a goodnight.

Sidney followed me out and cornered me against his car. "So," he asked. His lips found my neck and kissed up along my jaw. "Your place or mine?" I opened his car door and shoved him in the driver's seat. I walked around to the passenger’s seat. "My place it is."
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think?