‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

about the furthest constellations of our souls.

I paced on the front step of Sidney's house. It was late, but I needed to talk to him now. The team was leaving on a road trip in the morning. I stopped pacing and stood in front of the door and rang the doorbell. I tried to stay still, but my feet started pacing again.

"Anne?" his voice called from the door. "What are you doing here? It's midnight!" Sid stood in front of me shirtless. He had only a pair of sweatpants on. If I wasn't on a mission to talk to him, the sweatpants would have been gone.

"I need to talk to you." I stopped moving again and stood in front of him. "I can't do this anymore. I can't keep leading Charlie on like this."

"So be with me!" He grabbed my arms and pulled me into his chest. "I can give everything you'd ever need."

"That’s not what this is about!" I pulled out of his grip. "I really care about him. I can't just break up with I'm for no reason, especially since he just moved across the country with me."

"So, you want to be with him?" Sid crossed his arms over his chest. I pulled on a section of my hair in frustration.

"No!" A smirk came onto his face. "That's not what I meant!" I let out a groan of frustration knowing he was twisting my words so easily.

Sid walked towards me, "He doesn't treat you like you should be treated. You deserve someone better." He grabbed my hands and looked in to my eyes. He was right, but I wasn't going to do it now. Sidney leaned forward to kiss me, but I moved my head so his lips met my check.

"I really like you Sid, but I'm afraid that if I break up with Charlie right now and I'm in relationship with you, that I'll still have feelings for him." I kept his hands in mine. "I think we just need some time to think about this."

"Time? I don't need time." He ripped his hands from mine and started to pace. "I know what I want, Anne. Nothing is going to change that." After he spoke, he looked straight at me. I had never seen a gaze so intense from him off the ice.

"But I need to think." I walked over and place a hand on his upper arm. "I know what I want, but now may not be the perfect timing to go for it." I grabbed his hands and held them out in front of us. "I just need to go through all my thoughts and sort everything out," I whispered.

He nodded his head, "Alright. I don't want to wait for this, for us, but if that's what you want I can do it."

"Thank you." I placed my left hand on his cheek and kissed the other. "I'll talk to you when you get back from the road trip, okay?"

He nodded his head before walking back into his house. I started back to my car, "Anne?" I turned around to see Sid standing in his doorway, "Go home and go to bed. People in Pittsburgh like to have a normal sleep schedule." He walked back into his house, leaving me in the chilly night
♠ ♠ ♠
Any ideas on what may happen?