Status: New. Give it a chance?

Not Everyone Gets Prince Charming

Trial and Error

"So where are you gonna go?" Max asked as he helped me off the swing. We had been sitting in silence for close to an hour. It had to be at least two in the morning.

"Don't know," I shrugged and walked away from him, hoping he'd get the hint. He got it, but just chose to ignore it.

"Look, I don't want you wondering around Vegas by yourself," Max sighed, following right behind me as I grabbed my bags and left the park.

"Go home Max," I sighed

"No. Not unless you come with me," I turned and looked at him. He had his arms crossed and a defiant look in his eyes.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes and follwed him. I was surprised when instead of walking to a car he simply went up the steps of a house right across the street. He opened the door loudly and turned on a light. I walked in cautiously behind him.

"Maxwell, what the- oh. Hello," A woman appeared at the top of the stairs in pajamas. She was plump with short blonde hair. Green eyes.

"Hey mom, found a straggler," her shrugged, taking my bags from me and walking up the stairs. He turned around to see if I followed, and when he saw I hadn't he rolled his eyes and nodded for me to follow. I went up the stairs slowly, and smiled at the woman who watched my every move closely.

"Goodnight Max. We'll talk in the morning," The woman- who I assume is his mother- said, before turning down the hall and walking into a room, shutting the door quietly behind her.

"So..." I spoke as I sat awkwardly on the corner of Max's bed. His room was exactly what I thought it'd be. Blue walls, covered in posters, and just a little messy.

"So... I think we should get some sleep," he shrugged and began to strip down to his boxers. He pulled on a pair of gym shorts and crawled onto his bed, throwing some clothes that were in his way. I sighed and asked

"Where's your bathroom?" He mumbled 'across the hall' and pulled his blanket over his head. Such a gracious host. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my overnight bag before heading into the bathroom. I pulled my hair up and washed my face before changing into my pajamas. I walked back into Max's room and heard him snoring.

The fucker fell asleep fast!!

I dropped my bags and decided against sleeping on the floor (considering every square inch was taken up by his clothes) and crawled into bed beside him. I reached over and turned off the lamp and tried to make myself comfortable. It didn't work.

Max was cute and all, but I've only known him four days. And he had a girlfriend.

**************************

Last night was awkward. To say the least. Everytime I actually dozed off, Max would snuggle into me, causing me to wake up and push him off.

I was miserable.

"Hey!" he greeted happily, as he walked into the bathroom I was straightening my hair in. I decided to get a head start on my morning routine, seeing as I never really slept anyway.

"Hi," I mumbled, trying to ignore his presence. To say I was annoyed with him would be an understatement.

"Not a morning person?" He asked, stealing my straightner and running it through his hair a few times before handing it back to me.

"Something like that," I sighed and finished my hair, unplugging my iron and starting my make-up. Max grunted- annoyed with my attitude I'm sure- and walked out of the bathroom back to his room. I sighed out of relief and finished putting on my mascara. I grabbed all my stuff and threw it back into my bag before walking back to Max's room.

"Ready?" I asked him. He nodded and grabbed his bag before walking downstairs with me.

"Goodmorning Maxwell- and..." The woman from last night stood in the kitchen, turned to us with a bright smile.

"Laura," I smiled half-heartedly and gave a slight wave. She nodded.

"Well, I'm glad Max was nice enough to give you a place to sleep last night. It was nice meeting you, but I've got to run. Eggs on the stove, same as the pancakes. Goodbye, and Max- I'll talk to you when I get home," the look she gave him scared me. He just nodded and said goodbye.

"So did you want to eat or-" Max trailed awkwardly.

"Or. We're already running late..." I said matching his discomfort.

The whole situation was just bad.

"Oh shit!" He exclaimed, looking at the clock. We had 6 minutes before the late bell rang.

"I'll head out to the car," I said, grabbing both my bags and walking out the front door, leaving a frantic Max to scramble for his guitar.

I made my way to the car and sighed when I realized the door was locked. The morning was chilly, and I hadn't bothered to put on a hoodie.

"Here," Max said, tossing a hoodie at me. I smiled gratefully and put it on as he unlocked the car. We climbed in and drove in silence. The drive was quick, but we got out the car right as the bell rang.

"Shit!" I yelled frustrated, half sprinting to the door. "My mom is gonna wring my neck!" I said to no one in particular, but Max jogged next to me

"Just tell her we had car trouble," he shrugged. I ignored him and ran faster. I made it to my first period with a very pissed off Science teacher.

"Why hello Miss McFaulen, kind of you to finally grace us with your presence," he said sarcastically, and a little snappy, might I add.

"Sorry, car trouble," I scrambled for my seat and glared at the boy who decided to snicker. I realized it was Ronnie. I glared at him and he stuck his tongue out.

"Ah, Maxwell. How conveinent that you finally showed up!" The teacher muttered again as Max strolled in.

"Car trouble," Max spat at him

"Oh fun. That was Ms. McFaullen's excuse as well!" He said with fake enthusiasm.

"Well dumbass, ever stop to think that maybe I'm her ride to school, and maybe we're actually telling the truth?" Max retorted

"Maxwell, I will send you to the office," the teacher tried to threaten. Max rolled his eyes and took a seat next to me.

"Do it. All you'll be doing is waisting mine, yours, my mom's, and the discipline office's time," he shrugged. The teacher sighed and continued with his lesson. Max smirked and sat back in his chair.

"Where have you two been?" Ronnie asked, turning to face us.

"Laura slept over, we were running late," Max said. Ronnie nodded

"We still on for tonight?" Ronnie asked. Max nodded and looked to me

"You still in, McFaullen?" He asked me. I nodded eagerly, causing both the boys to chuckle.

"Well, that settles it. Pre-Party at your's then?" Ronnie asked, I shrugged and took out my phone to ask my mom what her plans were. She said she would be staying at her boyfriend's house tonight. I told Ronnie and Max and they immediately pulled out their phones and began texting everyone to meet at my place tonight, and to round up as many cars as they could.

"Excuse me Ms. McFaullen. Is my lesson boring you?" My teacher asked as he walked to my desk. I glared up at him from my phone and simply nodded. "My apologies. Maybe you'll find it more interesting if you weren't so distracted by your phone. Hand it over," he said, with his hand out. I stared in complete disbelief, glancing around to notice that I was one of many people on their phones.

"I'm not the only one on mine," I pointed out, sliding my phone into my pocket.

"I only saw you. Now i suggest you hang it over," he said again, the vein in his head slowly but surely swelling to it's bursting point.

"I'm good. But you should try again later," I smiled sweetly and heard Max and Ronnie snicker. The teacher growled audibly and walked back to his desk.

Dick.

I pulled my phone back out and continued to text Saskia and Mandy. They both were asking the same thing, who gave me these hickies.

Can it just be tonight already?

Why are there so many cute boys in this goddamn school!?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm horrible. I'm terrible. This is terrible. I'm writing more, I swear. I'm back for good, updates will be regular. BOOM.
~Love, Hugs, and Other Drugs~
~Tayleyy