Status: my very first Fan Fiction :)

Unlikely Beginning

Flowers

When Mackenzie and I got home she didn’t bother to change out of her dress. She just kicked off her heels and crawled underneath my covers. Whenever we had boy problems she always slept in my room it was sort of a tradition now.

I could feel that my makeup had run down my face but I was in no mood to clean it off. I simply changed into a pair of baggy sweat pants and an over sized t-shirt. I retrieved my phone from my purse to see that I had over twenty-three missed calls and fifteen text messages. Eleven from Harry and one each from the rest of the boys, I slide my lock open on my phone, opened up my text message app and read only the ones not from Harry.

From Louis: Heather, babe are you okay? Please call me back. Harry is freaking out!

From Niall: I know you probably hate my guts right now. ): but please call me. I need to talk to Mackenzie. I’m sorry about what Harry did to you which probably sounds so hypocritical coming from me.

He was correct about that.

From Zayn: Love please answer your phone we’re worried about you.

From Liam: I just heard I’m so sorry. I know the last thing you want to hear is that Harry is sorry but he’s an ass for what he did. Just hear him out first! Get some rest. Call us in the morning?

I just got more upset reading the text messages. I decided I didn’t care what Harry had to say, I just slid over his text folder and deleted it. How was he going to explain this to me? There was no explanation. I gave him a chance and this is exactly what I knew would happen. Love was never in my favour and no matter how different Harry seemed then. I knew he was just like the rest now. Tears started to fall down my face as I leaned back against my closet wall falling down to where my feet were up against my chest. I buried my face into my knees and began to sob as quietly as I could hoping not to wake Mackenzie. I was no longer numb because I could feel all the pain.

-

The second I opened my eyes I could feel that today was going to be a struggle. I had work in an hour and I was not prepared for the amount of trouble I was going to get in for ditching the opening. It only took a few moments until Harry clouded my mind. Every question I needed answered ran through my mind so quickly a tear fell down the corner of my eyes.

Did I overreact? Was he really going to kiss that girl? How could he hold the ‘I love you’ thing against me? Did I bring this upon myself because of Kyle? Was slapping him too much?

I couldn’t take it anymore. I got out of bed and took a long shower. Mackenzie was still asleep and I decided it’d be best not to wake her until I had to leave. Which was something I didn’t want to do but going to work today was not an option. It was absolutely mandatory!

“Kenz?” I whispered to her soothingly. The last thing she needed was a rude awakening. Harry may have been all over a girl but Niall really kissed someone else. After a few more times of calling her awake she finally looked at me. Her makeup was smeared all over her face, which was to be expected since we’d both cried a lot.

“I have to go to work now. I’ll be home soon okay? Call me if anything.” She nodded and sat up to hug me. I squeezed her tightly and pressed my lips tightly together for a small smile. It was so hard to smile right now but for her sake she needed to see it.

-

Surprisingly my boss did not yell at me. Didn’t even lecture me about leaving that night, he just asked me if I was okay and sent me back to start work. Someone must have told him what had happened I assumed one of my coworkers so I just brushed it off and headed back to work, as told. When work finally came to an end I was actually bummed to leave. This meant Harry could actually make an appearance and I didn’t want to see him right now. I turned my phone off to ignore calls and text messages I really just needed some time without being harassed.

I came home to see Mackenzie was spread out on the couch with a blanket. She was watching The Titanic which was probably such a bad idea. She really knew how to cure her aching heart with a sad movie. Sarcasm.

I ran up to her and jumped on her. I needed to be cuddled right now. Mackenzie didn't even have to ask she pulled me in for a hug, sharing her blanket with mine. We stayed silent for a while.

“There’s a flower shop in our kitchen right now.” She said in a hushed tone.

“What do you mean?”

“Go look!” She pointed the remote in the direction to the kitchen. I quickly got on my feet and walked to the kitchen. I finally understood what she meant. Every flower possible was there all in vases. Bouquets and bouquets of flowers covering all the space on each counter top. Every single one with a card with an apology some from Harry and some from Niall, I decided not to read the ones from Niall. That was for Mackenzie to do. I opened the first card.

Then a few more after that, it was so pointless to continue because it was all just more BS. I swung the double doors in the kitchen that lead out to the backyard, a tiny walk way which lead to a fence. I opened it to where a few trash bins aligned the wall of the side of my house. I quickly dragged one up by the double doors. I started to throw all the flowers from Harry into it, when that one was filled I pulled it back out and dragged another one. After 3 trash bins full of flowers, I dusted my hands and ran upstairs. I was not going to forgive him just because he paid for flowers to be delivered to my house. He hurt me and now he thinks he can Waltz back into my life? Well he got that wrong.

I stood there with hands on my hips looking up at the ceiling trying to catch my breath. Mackenzie's arms slid around my waist hugging me.

"It's gonna be okay..." She trailed off.

I knew it would. It was just hard. Not long after I took a seat, Mackenzie started doing the same thing I did. Only she threw the vases out the front door. If any of the boys decided to visit us anytime soon they’d have to walk over all the glass that covered the pathway to the door. She walked back into the kitchen with her hair in a mess.

"Teach you to kiss another girl." A smile grew on my face and a giggle followed, I grabbed my keys and my purse.

"I need ice cream."
♠ ♠ ♠
:( it's sad but more to come.

ALSO my beautiful best friend Mackenzie in this story is inspired by heatherxo,
she has 5 wonderful ff that you should all go check out. she's amazing and i promise you will not regret it. <3