Status: Finished

Wish I Stayed

you know i could not want you more then i did right then

Liam was kissing his Clarissa, his Clare-bear, and he couldn’t believe it as his arms tightened around her and pulled her even closer. Finally, after a few minutes past, they pulled away. They were both gasping for air with their face flushed.

He cupped her cheek and lightly brushed his lips against hers as he softly whispered, “Do you remember, Clarissa? Do you really remember?” He was breathing heavily from lack of air and fright. He could feel the heat that came off her cheeks, and he watched as she just looked over him.

“Yeah,” her voice was airy, “I remember bits and pieces, and they are coming back rather quickly.” Slowly, her hand came up to cup his own heated cheek, and she ran her thumb over it before she leaned up to kiss him once more. Her lips were like sugar. Sweet and soft, and it just made him want more.

With a soft lick of his lips, he ran his fingers through her hair before he realized something. She had cheated on him when they were dating, and he felt like he was getting stabbed once more. His face fell; the smile disappearing along with the small sparkle in his eyes. “You cheated on me,” he whispered gently as he looked at her with a sad look before he retracted his hand and slowly sat up.

He could tell that she was surprised by this, and her face had fallen too. “I did no such thing,” she told him as she sat up herself and sat criss cross with her hands in her lap.

“You did,” Liam told her with a frown. “If you didn’t, how do you explain Bella for god sakes? She’s Harry’s! He said so himself,” Liam said through gritted teeth. He was slowly getting angry, though he was a bit upset. He was annoyed, but he could tell she was getting angry herself with the slight crease in her forehead.

She soon stood up before she yelled at him, “She’s yours! Goddammit! But she mind as well be Harry’s because you were never here for her, for me!” The look on her face was slowly turning from anger into sadness, and he saw the tears that formed in her eyes as she looked at him. “You left me when I needed you. You left me, and all I had left was Bella. Then, Harry came along. He was sweet and kind to me, and he didn’t try anything. He was just a friend, but people don’t always stay friends forever, Liam.” Her voice had dropped into a whisper, and you could barely catch the last sentence unless you were listening carefully.

Liam’s own face turned from anger to sadness, and he looked at her with his own tears. “I didn’t think you would come back, Liam. If it wasn’t for the fire, you probably wouldn’t have come back! And, I love you! I love you so much that it breaks my heart to pieces whenever I see Bella. She has your eyes, you know? But, I couldn’t live heartbroken and alone forever, Liam! Did you really expect for me to run back into your arms after four years?” she whispered, and tears were running down her cheeks. She went to wipe at them quickly, and Liam felt his own tears fall from his eyes.

“People move on, Liam, and I don’t think we can be together. I’m engaged to Harry, and he’s been here for me. He loves me, and I love him. I love you too, but you left me Liam. Harry won’t leave me. He won’t leave Bella, and he loves me and her. He acts as if she was his daughter. He’s been there for me before Bella was born, but you left, and I had no way of contacting you. You just disappeared, Liam, and I can’t go back to you because I’m afraid you may leave me again. I love you, Liam. I really do, but I’m not yours anymore.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, I had this planned since the beginning, and many of you were guessing it. :)
I feel for Liam, but then, I feel for Clarissa. Gah, and Harry is just my god. This is dramatic!

I would like to thank these people:

Valiente, JoStockton, dawn of light, cloudy skies., Starfeesh, and kksparks for commenting, recommending, or both! I love you guys!

Also, if you guys would check out my Zayn story, For You.