Status: Finished

Wish I Stayed

hold my breath as you're movin' in

It was heart wrenching to know that Harry and Clarissa’s wedding was only five days before Liam and Clarissa’s own anniversary. He just stared at the envelope, and he felt his eyes close shut as he took in a deep, shaky breath. She wasn’t his anymore, and Abigail was long. His last chance for her was so long ago when he left her crying in her apartment alone.

He wiped at his eyes quickly as he went to shove his papers into his bag and started down the stairs towards the fire department. He didn’t understand why Abigail was doing this to him. She was breaking his heart even more by just pushing him to take Clarissa back when he didn’t deserve her. He ran his hand through his hair and wiped his eyes quickly before he made his way into the fire department.

Liam got small hellos and his before he made his way towards the bedroom where all the beds were. He tossed his bag onto his bed as he made his way towards the bathroom. As the door closed shut, his back slid down the water, and his face went into his hands. Tears fell down his cheeks as he let out soft sobs. He was so hurt that the pain couldn’t be explained in words.

It was only a few minutes later when he heard a knock on the door, and his name being called out. “Hey Liam, are you alright in there, man?” it was David, and Liam took in a shaky breath as he slowly lifted his head and stared across at the toilet in front of me.

His voice came out croaky and rough as he muttered a soft, “Yeah, I’m fine, David.” There was silence before there was another knock.

“Don’t be like that, man. I know you aren’t,” he said through the door, and Liam let out a soft groan before he slowly stood and opened the door. He looked like a mess with his hair distraught, and his eyes bloodshot. He hurried David into the bathroom, so no one would see. He didn’t want people getting the wrong idea or anything. With a seat on the toilet, he placed his face into his hands.

“I don’t know what to do anymore,” Liam managed to say as he felt the tears start up again and slide down his cheeks. “I’m just so confused,” he broke down and told his story. David was a listener, and he nodded his head as he paid attention to every word that came out from his mouth.

As Liam’s story came to an end, silence broke out throughout the bathroom, and Liam was left staring at the white tiled floor. “I think you should get her back then, man,” David said to him, and Liam slowly brought his head up to look at him. “If she loves you, and you love her, then why are you letting her marry someone else? Yes, you may not deserve her, but love doesn’t come very often in the world Liam. People are divorcing and arguing, and what you two have is unique.” Liam couldn’t help but think of what Abigail had told him just a few hours earlier. “Sure, she’s getting married, but she doesn’t love that person like she loves you, Liam. First loves aren’t easy to get over, so you need to get her back, man.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but that is how I want it.
I will be updating the rest of the night, and I believe I will finish this.
I love all of you for supporting me through this story. God, I love you guys for commenting and recommending and just reading it!