Gone and Never Coming Back

Gone: Chapter One

031208’

I looked down at the test before throwing it into the trash can. I had to tell him now or later but which ever I had too. I looked out the bathroom window at the rain. It was soothing.

“Fiance!” He called.

I smiled. “Yes soon to be?”

Chris knew exactly how to make me feel good. Loved me right in all departments all the time.

“Come here.” He called.

I walked towards the living room and he was throwing on his shirt.

“You know I love you right?”

“Yes I know Chris.” I laughed. “Whatsup?”

“I’m going home but I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” He muttered. “I love you to death alright?”

“I gotta tell you-“

Chris pulled me close deeply kissing me like it was our first and our last. Chris acted as if he didn’t wanna let go.

He threw up four fingers to his chest oddly. “I love you babe. for ever Always.”

- - -

031212’

“Mommy, mommy!” Cayden called running into the dinning room where I stared blankly out the window. It always rained this very day.

“Yes Cay?” I woke up from my nightmare, I probably relived every day.

“I made this.” He laughed handing me his annual drawling. “It’s March 12 right?”

“It is sweetie.” I laughed looking at it.

The drawling was of what he thought his father looked like and holding our hands. The sun was shining bright.

“It stopped raining mommy.. Well in the picture it did.”

I smiled hugging and kissing his face. “I love it!”

When I looked out the window again the rain was coming to a slow. It was pretty odd being though it always rained this day.

“You want Ice Cream?” I smiled.

“Do I? Mom what kind of question is that?” Cayden asked already pulling on his Jordan Retros.

“Rhetorical.” I mumbled laughing.

“Ready when you are!” He pulled on his Adidas jacket pushing me into my clogs and then ran out the apartment door.

- - -

Cayden and I sat in the restaurant and he eyed the menu like it was rocket science when it only consisted of pictures.

“Forget this!” He threw it down. “I want a chocolate one with chocolate sprinkles all over mom.”

I smiled. “Fine by me.”

I ordered them and we ended up talking about random things like always. Cayden was just like Chris.

“So you always buy me stuff.. And I was thinking.” He tapped his finger on his temple. “Can I buy you things.” He swung his feet kicking my thigh. “Sorry.”

I smiled. ” Its okay and baby you don’t have to buy me a thing.”

“I want to!” He offered pulling Monopoly money from his pocket. “Big face dollars.”

“Hundreds.”

I looked up to see a light skinned guy with eye catching blonde hair and arms filled with tattoos eyeing me. He also had a scruffy beard. Dude looked just like Chris. Except Chris never had any tattoos, blonde hair, or a beard for that matter.

I looked back at Cayden who was drawling on his menu. “Rack city, Rack Rack city.” He smiled. “Throwing hundreds.”

“Hunits sweetie.” I laughed mushing his curls and when I looked up he was still there holding 4 fingers towards his chest.

“Who is this dude?” I mumbled.

Cayden looked up. “Huh mommy?”

“Nothing..”