Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Are You Asking Me Out?

“Nothing scary,” Jenn muttered, the both of us walking out of the guest room after changing into our pajamas. Jenn sighed loudly, falling back on the couch beside Harry. I felt my cheeks lift up in a smile, snuggling deeper into the other couch beside Danny. I looked over at his two other band mates; Tom was positioned on the recliner with a small girl on his lap; his fiancé Gio; and Dougie was on the floor with his arms wrapped around his girlfriend Emily, leaning on the couch holding Jenn and Harry. I turned toward Danny as he stood, wondering over to his DVD case to find a good movie.

“Paul?” He asked aloud and Dougie cheered from the floor, causing Danny to chuckle as he placed it in the DVD player. Retaking his seat beside me, he smiled largely as I raised an eyebrow.

“What’s ‘Paul’?” I asked, and Dougie scoffed from the floor, turning to look over at me.

“It’s about an Alien, obviously.” He said, as if I should have already known that. I nodded slowly, leaning back as I giggled, shaking my head at Dougie’s incredulous expression. Danny chuckled from beside me, sitting up slightly as I leaned my head on the pillow on the arm of the couch. I leaned my body on my side as the open credits began, my legs then being lifted and stretched. I turned my head, curious, to see my legs placed on Danny’s lap, his fingers drawing little designs on my ankles. Blushing softly, I turned toward the movie as Dougie spoke. “Everyone shut up! The movies playing!” Everyone burst out laughing considering no one was talking.

At some point during the third movie, I must’ve drifted off to sleep because the next thing I knew, I was being shaken awake and the sound of another movie ending filled my ears. I stirred, my eyes opening slowly as I heard snoring from the floor. My eyes were squinted open as I tried to take in the light but I quickly covered them as I groaned. A deep chuckle filled my ears and I felt myself blush.

“Get up, love. It’s nearly 1.” He muttered and I groaned again, causing him to chuckle once more. Standing, he walked over to the couple on the floor. I looked over with my eyes opened slightly and watched him nudge them. “Doug, Em, you two fell asleep. Get up.” He muttered and I heard Dougie groan in protest. Without saying a word, the couple quickly stood and left the apartment with a soft thud of the door. “Lindsey?” Danny whispered, and I muttered something incoherent, sitting up slowly as I yawned.

“I’ll just sleep here.” I muttered, lying back down. I heard another chuckle before I felt the couch leave me, a pair of strong arms holding me up bridal style. My eyes flew open as I let out a loud squeal, my arms wrapping around Danny’s neck as if he were going to drop me. He laughed loudly, shaking his head as he walked toward the hall.

“Nope, I have a guest room. No need to strain your back on the couch.” He spoke softly, his voice groggy too as he lead me down the hall. I leaned my head on his shoulder, feeling my smile grow as he placed me in a very comfortable bed. He pulled the duvet over my shaking body and laughed again. “Goodnight, Lindsey.” He whispered, and I muttered back a quiet goodnight before I felt my eyelids finally drop.

*`*

“Find it. I know you can, you’re…you’re beautiful.” I had run out of tears at that point, my face showing a pained expression as if I was crying, but no tears actually came out. I had no idea what she had meant, I didn’t know what she wanted me to find. But I promised her silently that I would. I would find whatever it is she wants me to find. No matter how crazy it seems, I will because she asked me to.

“I’m only beautiful because I look like you, mum.” I had whispered to her, my hand in hers as the heart monitor fell flat. She was actually gone. The only other person I could ever trust and believe in was actually gone.


I jumped awake, my eyes growing wide as my breathing began to rise. I felt the tears pour out of my eyes and I whimpered softly, covering my face with my hands as I felt my sobs begin. I kept my mouth closed tight as little sounds fell out but I didn’t let them rise in fear of Danny hearing me. Grabbing my phone off of the table beside the bed, I unlocked it to check the time, my eyes falling over the date. August 3rd. My mother’s birthday.

Realizing I won’t be able to get back to bed at this point, I stood, wiping my eyes as I quietly made my way out of the guest room. Considering Danny’s door was slightly ajar, I sneaked a peak, my eyes falling on his sleeping form before I quickly tiptoed to the kitchen. I glanced at the clock on the stove, the digital clock reading 7:23 in the dark, and so I flickered on the light. Turning the kettle on, I pulled open the refrigerator and pulled out some ingredients for eggs, pancakes, sausage, and bacon. By the time everything was finished being cooked and sitting on two plates at the breakfast bar, I heard a door open and bare feet hit the wooden hallway.

“Do I smell breakfast?” I heard a groggy, deep voice ask and when I turned from my spot at the sink, I grinned at the owner of the house and he raised his eyebrows, rubbing his naked stomach. “Wow, Lindsey, you didn’t have to cook me breakfast,” he said, walking over to his plate and taking a seat, staring down at the large portion of food, “but I am very glad you did.” He finished, taking a forkful of eggs and stuffing it into his mouth. I giggled softly, drying the last pan before I took my seat beside him.

“Well, you let me stay the night so I figured I’d thank you. And I’ve heard that filling a man’s stomach is the best way to do so.” I spoke, causing Danny to chuckle loudly, shaking his head. He looked over at me and kept eye contact, a smile playing on his lips.

“Well thank you,” he spoke softly before he smiled and continued eating his breakfast. I felt a blush shade my cheeks before I looked down, taking a bite out of one of the breakfast sausages. The comfortable silence overcame us and we ate in peace, sharing small smiles every once and a while.

“What are your plans for the day?” I asked, turning toward Danny as I finished my breakfast, placing the fork on my plate. Danny took a final bite as well before he took my plate and his, walking toward the sink to clean them up. Following in toe, I grabbed a rag to dry.

“Well the lads and I have an interview at 11 but after that my day’s open.” He nodded, washing his plate thoroughly. I stared up at him, my smile soft as he looked over. “Want to grab dinner tonight? Maybe around, I don’t know, 6?” He asked, looking me in the eye. A blush shaded my cheeks and I smiled a little brighter.

“Are you asking me out?” I found myself asking, the bluntness of it all shocking me. What the hell was that!? I mentally cursed myself but Danny didn’t look fazed, a large smile growing on his lips. He chuckled, bumping his shoulder against mine as I giggled.

“Well that depends if you say yes or not.” He spoke and I nodded softly, catching his eye. “Cool.” He nodded, blushing as well. I looked down then, smiling softly as I looked over his arms. He had tattoos everywhere and my eyes ran over every one, drying each dish he handed me. “Are you okay?” He spoke softly and I looked up, caught off guard.

“What?” I asked, and he smiled softly, shaking his head.

“I said, are you okay? Your eyes look red.” He spoke softly, and I looked down, fiddling with my fingers. Nodding slowly, I didn't look into his eyes as I spoke.

“I’m fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooooohhhh, a dattteeee. :P and is she really okay? ;/ thank youu guys for reading :) i know i have some silent readers out there! show yourselves! :P
thankyouu those that comment:) it shows me that people are really interested in this story.. more soon!
read,comment,subscribe
xx