Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Covent Garden

“You look dressed up, what are you doing after your therapist session?” I heard my aunt ask as she walked into the kitchen, grabbing a mug from the cabinet and filling it with tea. I bit my lip, looking down at my mug and shrugging, grasping it with both hands.

“I’m not sure yet.” I whispered, taking a sip of the hot liquid. Aunt Janette took a seat at the table beside me, sipping her tea slowly.

“Well anyway, I was wondering if I could borrow your car since mine’s in the shop.” She said, looking over at me with a raised eyebrow. I bit my lip, nodding slowly.

“Sure. If you want to just drop me off at the therapist office, I’ll call you if I need a ride.” I muttered, looking over at her with a soft expression on my face.

“Are you sure?” I nodded and she smiled softly, taking a sip of her tea. “Alright, then I guess we should leave soon so I can drop you off and get to my errands.” She said, mostly to herself, taking another large sip of her tea. I looked over at my phone, raising an eyebrow as I saw a new text message. No one ever texts me. I mean, I had texted Danny the night before to make sure he had my number, but he had never texted me in conformation or anything. Looking up at my aunt to make sure she wasn’t watching me, I tapped my screen to open the awaiting message.

From: Danny
21 July 2011 11:34
Hey Lindsey! Keep your afternoon open. I’ll see you at 1.


My mouth dropped open slightly and I stuttered, not even bothering to text back. What the hell? I felt something in my stomach I had never felt before and I bit my lip, shaking my head. What’s wrong with me? I took another sip of my tea and sighed, standing up to place it in the sink.

“Ready when you are,” I muttered, standing by the front door as I played around with the bottom of my shirt. Aunt Janette grabbed her purse from the table and nodded, smiling at me as she made her way out the door. I jumped into the driver’s seat and sighed in content.

“Where did you guys go shopping yesterday?” My aunt asked, turning to me as I pulled out of our driveway. I bit my lip, running my hand through my hair before I continued the short drive to the therapist’s office.

”Oh, you know. We just walked around the mall for a while.” I nodded, not sure where to go from there. My aunt was gone all day yesterday so she didn’t notice when I got home 15 minutes before Jenn. The rest of the ride was silent and I let out the breath I had taken in. I left the car in park as I hopped out, meeting my aunt at the hood of my car. “I’ll text you if I need a ride, yeah?” I muttered before walking swiftly up the steps.

“Thank you!” She shouted behind me, hopping in the front seat. I nodded before I made my way to the waiting area, smiling at the receptionist before I took my seat, playing around on my phone. I waited for about 10 minutes before I heard a few voices in front of me. I slipped my phone into my purse before I stood, Dr. Jones looking over at me with a soft smile.

“Always early. I like that, Lindsey. Come on in,” she said, holding her arm up to usher me in. I nodded and took my seat in the same chair as normal. She grabbed her note pad and sat across from me, smiling as she linked her hands together. “So, you seem very vibrant today. How are you feeling?” She asked and I felt my eyes growing wide. Why does everyone think I look different today?

“Uhm, I’m alright.” I nodded, playing around with my sleeves. I felt her eyes on me and when I looked up, I noticed her expression was pleasant. Remembering back to Danny’s words from yesterday, I took a deep breath. ’My mother knows how to help patients; she’s really good at listening.’ Maybe that’s what I need. “Actually, I…” I cleared my throat, running my hand through my long golden locks. “Uhm…” I cleared my throat again, looking down at my arms.

“Go ahead, Lindsey, I won’t interrupt you. Just let your mind do the talking.” She said, sitting back as I took another deep breath. Nodding softly, I closed my eyes and opened my mouth.

“I miss her. So much. I remember this one time, when I was 13, we went out to the movies-” The next hour went by rather quickly, all of my emotions laid out on my sleeves. I told Dr. Jones exactly what I was feeling to do with the loss of my mother. How I feel homesick, pain, heartache and loss. I told her all about it. And when we walked out of her office, I felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. It felt good that she was there to listen to me and I sighed happily.

“Great job today, Lindsey. Seriously.” She grinned, placing my hand on my arm. “Whatever someone did to make you spill your feelings; don’t stop them.” She grinned before her eyes fell over my shoulder, her eyebrow rising. “Dan? What are you doing here? I thought we were getting lunch tomorrow.” Dr. Jones furrowed her eyebrows and I spun around, my eyes growing wide as they landing on Danny Jones himself. He was wearing a thick beanie and Ray Bans, his smile infectious as his mother smiled back at him. He chuckled softly before stepping forward, pulling his mother into a hug.

“I know. I’m here to pick up Lindsey, mum.” He chuckled and Dr. Jones looked at him with raised eyebrows. My mouth dropped slightly as I looked over at him, disbelief overcoming me that he actually showed up. “Come on, Lindsey. We have a lot to do today. See you, mum.” Danny pecked her cheek before he turned to me, waiting for me to make the next move.

“Uh, okay.” I whispered, turning to leave. I heard whispered voices behind me but I didn’t let it affect me as I walked across the office, waiting at the door as Danny said goodbye to his mother. He walked over to greet me and he grinned, holding the door open for me to step out. We made our way quietly to his car and I let out a small sigh as I got in the passengers seat.

“So tell me,” Danny said, turning his attention to me as he started his car. “How long have you lived in London?” He asked and I looked over at him, my eyes dropping as I thought.

“Only for the past two months. I, uh, I haven’t been out of the house much to see everything. I’ve only ever gone to clubs with Jenn and to see your mum.” I whispered, looking down at my hand as Danny pulled out of the parking space.

“Where did you used to live before, then?” Danny asked, turning to me slightly as he drove.

“Wolverhampton. It’s about 2 hours and 45 minutes from here.” I nodded, finally looking up at him. His eyes were trying to look into mine but I looked away, playing with my hair as he drove.

“Did you move here with your parents?” He asked, and I felt my heart sink. I was trying to avoid this question. I bit my lip, looking off out the window as I thought long and hard. I didn’t know what to say so I said the truth. Well, some of it, at least.

“I moved in with my aunt.” I muttered, and Danny nodded slowly, not pressing me any further. I sighed in relief, looking up as he pulled into a parking space, other cars parked around us. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked around, trying to figure out where we were. Danny jumped out of his seat, running around to my side to open my door. I stepped out, looking around me as I felt my eyes wander.

“This is the Covent Garden. Have you been here before?” Danny asked me, turning to me as he shoved his hands in his pocket. I turned to him, shaking my head as I looked around me once more. “Good. I figured you’d be hungry for lunch. How does pizza sound?” He asked, turning to me with a grin. I nodded eagerly, catching up to him as he made his way into the Covent Garden. I looked around in wonder at all of the people, chatting and smiling with their loved ones. I felt a pull to my heart as I watched a little girl pull on her mother’s hand, pulling her along as they both laughed loudly. “You alright?” I turned my head as I heard Danny speak, his walking stopped as he waiting for my answer. Not paying attention, I walked right into his chest.

“Sorry.” I felt my face grow red, stepping back as I rubbed my arm. “I’m fine; just hungry.” I whispered, looking up at him as I bit my lip.

“Sure, come on, love.” He said, gesturing me to walk beside him as we grew closer to the pizza restaurant. We took our seats outside rather quickly and I looked around me, the calming atmosphere evaporating me and yet there were people everywhere. Danny chuckled as he looked over at me, leaning an arm on the table. “You look like a little kid in a candy shop, love.” I turned and my eyes met Danny’s, my eyes looking into his softly.

“I just haven’t been here before, is all.” I whispered, shrugging my shoulders. “It’s so calming…and yet it’s so busy.” I muttered, looking around me once more. Danny smiled and I looked over to catch him nodding his head. I placed my hands in my lap and let out a small sigh.

“London is a strange place.” He mused, nodding his head. I looked up, my mind elsewhere as I looked over at him. My eyes examined his face, his eyes set off somewhere behind me. Without him noticing, my brown eyes hovered over his chin and his smile, the way the corners of his mouth tugged upward as he laughed. “Turn, look.” Danny instructed, catching my attention. I turned in my seat to catch what he was pointing at, and my eyes grew wide. I watched in wonder as street performers danced around in a circle, doing a few stunts as people clapped. I raised an eyebrow before turning back to Danny, feeling my face heat up.

“What are they doing?” I asked him, and he chuckled, shaking his head at me.

“They’re street performers. Honestly, you need to get out more, love.” He muttered and I glared playfully. Just as I was about to say something, the waitress stepped in front of us with a large cheese pizza, placing it on the table between us. “Thank you,” I looked down hungrily and watched as Danny reached forward, grabbing a piece and handing it to me. “Eat up; we have a long afternoon ahead of us.” He said, and I looked up curiously.

“What?” I asked, taking the piece freely. He just chuckled, grabbing his own slice and taking a large bite of it.

“You’ll see. I have a lot planned.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) what's happening nexxxttt? Thank youu for the recommendations so far! :) more comments would be lovely so i know who is liking this and what you guys think!! :)
read,comment,subscribe
x