Status: Active

Flight 1D Down.

Chapter Five: I Feel Your Payne.

"What do you think they'll be like?" Evelyn asked, a giddy smile flashing across her face. Sitting down on the couch in Casey's living room that I always found extremely uncomfortable, I whipped a twizzler around in my hand, something that I always did when I had a twizzler. I bit the end of it, chewing the licorice happily. They were one of my favorite candies.

"I don't know," I mused, making eye contact with Evelyn and propping my feet up on the coffee table, "Probably the way they always are when we creep on Youtube," My sarcasm was evident in my voice, and I watched as her face fell slightly. She clearly had been hoping for an actual answer.

"I'm being serious!" she whined, taking a handful of chips and popping one into her mouth. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at her. She crinkled her nose in response and made a strange noise, earning a sigh from Casey.

"I don't know, but we'll find out Friday," she finalized, irritated by my sarcasm and our childish antics. I settled back into the couch, smirking at Evelyn. I looked at the two girls, a good point coming to mind.

"Okay, but we need to have a rule," I stated, biting my twizzler again. They both nodded their heads and leaned in, letting me know that I had their full attention. I made my face as serious as I possibly could, "No matter what, we will not fight over any of the guys, okay?" I paused briefly to let that sink in before continuing, "So if Liam falls for one of you, I'll be okay with it," I used the term 'okay' loosely. Very loosely. Only because I wanted Liam so badly that it physically hurt me, "And the same for you Evelyn, with Harry," I watched her eye twitch in the slightest bit; she really did have a thing for Harry, "And you, with Louis, Case," She grimaced, but nodded her head.

"Not to seem like a Debby Downer, or anything," Casey mumbled, fiddling with her fingers, "But I really don't think Louis will like me," she launched into an explanation of all of the things that Louis was, things that I've heard her go off about a million times. Granted it was cute how much she adored him, but I had heard it so much from her that I decided to tune it out.

"We get it, he's the one you like the best!" I snapped, cutting her off. It probably came off as a bit rude, when I really didn't mean it to. That was definitely something I needed to work on. She flinched, the way she always did when I dared to raise my voice at her. She did her best to defend herself, claiming that she loved them all equally, but I didn't buy it. We all knew she loved Louis the most, and I didn't think it was something to be defensive of.

"And not to be a pessimist, but that's pretty much the same with Harry and me," Evelyn admitted, surprising me. She was extremely confident, and I wasn't used to her expressing her doubts, "I mean, he's Harry Styles!" she cried, "He can have anyone," I gave her a sympathetic look, feeling her pain. I felt the same way, but I would never tell them that. They thought I was confident and I preferred to keep it that way, rather than voicing my insecurities. Casey scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Are you kidding, Evelyn?" she said, "You are gorgeous! Harry would be lucky to have you," I bit my lip, wishing that Casey hadn't done that. Evelyn was a knock-out, there was no doubt about that, and she was definitely Harry's type. He'd be crazy if he didn't go for her. But still, I didn't want her to get her hopes up. He was a flirt, but then again so was she. I just didn't want to see Evelyn get hurt because she expected anything from him.

Now Casey and Louis, I could see that happening. They were both crazy, and yet had the ability to be serious when they needed to be. Plus, Casey had a tendency to be a bit sassy when she was in one of her moods, and I felt that Lou would be one of the only boys in the world that would be able to understand that.

I wanted to say that Liam and I would be perfect for each other, but at the same time I knew that it would just make it worse when he went for either Evelyn or Casey. He was perfect for me, if that counted for anything. I was different from the other two, I knew that, and I couldn't help but feel that he probably wouldn't even spare me a passing glance. Maybe I had a shot with Zayn.

"See, this is exactly why I couldn't be a teacher. I would bang Cam Gigandet in a heartbeat, regardless of the fact that he was my student," I said, referring to the teacher in Easy A who had given her student an STD. I stuffed the fudge brownie ice cream that Casey had abandoned into my mouth with a fork, refusing to use a spoon, considering I honest to God hated using spoons. I hated them even before I knew about the Directioner meaning behind it. One of the many freaky things that Liam and I had in common.

After we finished the movie, I saw Evelyn stand up and brush some cat hair off of her black sweatshirt. Casey had two cats, one that looked to me like it had down-syndrome. I placed the empty carton of ice cream on the coffee table and looked at her quizzically, wondering why she had stood up.

"I going to get going, guys. I have a lot to do before we leave on Friday, and I want to get a head start," she announced, slipping her shoes onto her feet. I nodded my head, as did Casey and we waved goodbye to her as she jogged out the front door, her long ponytail bouncing behind her. I turned my attention back to Casey, who was texting on her cellphone that was even more out of date than mine was. That poor girl needed an upgrade desperately. I pulled out my phone, checking my messages. I had some from Twitter, shocker, and one from my other best friend, Ellie, who loved One Direction as much as she loved breathing. Oh Lord, I couldn't wait to tell her about this.

"LIAM FREAKING PAYNE JUST TWEETED YOU, AND FOLLOWED YOU. PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY HE DECIDED TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR EXISTENCE OUT OF THE CLEAR BLUE SKY, CODY ELIZABETH BURNS!" Her text message shouted at me. I froze, my eyes practically popping out of my head, my breath catching in my throat. There was no way, it must have been a mistake. Ellie must have read it wrong. I slowly looked up at Casey who had the same expression on her face that I did.

"D-did Niall tweet you, too?" she asked, her voice high pitched and shaky, "Because he just...phone...me," She spoke in broken English, looking as if she was about to go into cardiac arrest. I slowly shook my head at her, turning back to my phone.

"L-Liam did..Liam-" I squeaked, pressing the message on my touch screen. It popped up and I swear on the Virgin Mother of God that I almost wet myself.

"@Real_Liam_Payne @codylizburns congratss on winningg our contest! cant wait to meett you babe! :) xx "

I stared at my phone screen for about five minutes before I believed what I was reading. I wasn't used to so many amazing things happening to me in one day. What was next, winning the lottery?

Casey was already sprinting around the house screaming at the top of her lungs. I honestly could barely even hear her over the sound of my heart throbbing in my ears. Liam Payne had tweeted me. And he had called me babe. Jesus take the goddamn wheel.

I did my best to pull myself together enough to tweet him back something that wouldn't make me seem as awkward as I normally tended to be. So that completely ruled out confessing to him that he was the male version of Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way. No, but seriously though.

"@codylizburns @Real_Liam_Payne thanks, love! I can't wait to meet you either! You better bring tons of sunscreen haha xx"

After I pressed send, I smacked my forehead with my palm. Oh, my god, he was going to think I was stupid and awkward with that sunscreen comment. At least I had been ballsy enough to call him 'love'.

Casey made a lap into the kitchen, still shrieking. I watched, bemused as she slipped in her fuzzy socks, gliding across the hardwood floor before crashing into a kitchen chair. Typical Casey. Her hair was askew and her face was a bright red from running around. She stood up, in a small bit of pain, and explain what Niall had tweeted her, and what she had responded to him. I was calm on the outside, but screaming on the inside. Casey was freaking out no matter what side of hers you were looking at. My phone vibrated again; another message from Twitter. Holy titty sprinkles, he had tweeted me again.

"@Real_Liam_Payne @codylizburns oh, I willll, no worrriesss! I burn quiet easilly! ;) xx"

I completely disreguarded his terrible grammer, excessive letters and incorrect use of the word 'quiet' as soon as I saw the winky face. Liam Payne was figuritively winking at me.

"@codylizburns @Real_Liam_Payne ah, I feel your payne ;) see what I did there? haha i'm lame x"

Not even thirty seconds later, my phone buzzed again.

"@Real_Liam_Payne @codylizburns haha! that was cuttte! well, hopefullyyy youu wontt get too manyy Burns! :D"

Facepalm. Oh, Liam.

I smiled at my phone, and thought for a split second that maybe, just maybe I could get the boy of my dream's attention on Friday. Maybe he would notice me. Maybe he would think of me as me witty and amusing. Maybe he would find the part of me that was special, and we could walk hand in hand on the beach in slow motion while cheesy music plays in the background.

And maybe I was crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
xx
Dare