Status: Finished Story, Please Enjoy!

No Peace for the Wicked

No Peace for the Wicked: Chapter 19

Why did this happen?, I thought. Now, there was 7 people left in this place. Not including myself. I knew the Gamemakers would push things a long. To be honest, I didn’t think of anyone except for Carmella, Tadlin and Kyjuan very dangerous to me.
But then I realized: I was still on the ground. I felt my skin start to sizzle, and I felt like a pancake on a pan. I was shaky getting up, but I managed to. My heart was pounding so fast. I could’ve died . . . .
I looked to the spot where Makaya had died. It was brown, dried blood. The memory flashed through my brain, making me stumble. As I heard a noise near of the mountains, I froze, and there was a man, watching me--he was around 30ish, and there was a giant sword in his hands.
Without another thought, he charged.
The ADHD in me picked up.
I ran, ran, ran and ran. My knife was now in my hand, and I began to think of my plan. I figured the best chance I had was to turn around as he was getting close, and stab him in the stomach before he could slice my head off.
I tried.
Instead, he stabbed me in the leg. I looked at him with my eyes wide--he was smiling, and I noticed District 11 . . . .
*~*~*~*~*~*
“I think you are fine now.”
My eyes flashed open, sending a shock through my body that felt undeniable. “Oh--!”
“Do not worry.” said the person. I still couldn’t see through the blur.
Then, my eyes cleared. I could see the girls features. She had a skinny face, dark eyes, caramel hair in a bun, and from what I could tell was District 11.
“Thank--Thank you,” I stuttered.
“You are very welcome,” she replied back to me.
I noticed she was probably in her mid-twenties. “I will tell you what has happened,”
“Thanks,” I said, more confident in my appearance--although I was the one she’d found, and I was the “weak” one at the moment.
“There is no problem with me helping you,” she said. “Now, I will explain. The person you have--or had encountered was from my district. My district is 11. He stabbed you in the leg, but you got him in the chest. He died, but you were quite the picture when I had found you. You were quite bloody.”
“I’m--I’m sorry,” I told her.
“No, no, there is no reason to be sorry,” she said. “I am trying to help you win.” She smiled.
“But--don’t you want to win--?”
“No, I know I am not going to. I have tried to heal. I know that I would never be able to win. You see, I am a pacifist. I could not do very much.”
“Oh.”
“You, I have heard of though. How old are you?”
“I’m--I’m 18. Al--Almost 19.”
“I see.”
“Yeah--Yeah. How--How old are you?” I noticed I was just stuttering like crazy. I knew that it must’ve been some effect on my attack.
“I’m 26,” she told me.
“I--I could help you!”
 “No, there isn’t a reason to help me,” she laughed. “I shall be fine at my own death. I can escape, but fighting shall not happen with me. Now, get some rest.”
“Wait! Who else died?”
“Only 11--also there was 7.”
7 caught my ear. Kyjuan was in that district. “Boy or girl?”
“It was a girl,” she said. “I know about Kyjuan.”
“You encountered him?”
“No, I haven’t. I saw you and the careers--being attacked. Several times.”
“Oh.”
“Now, rest.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is really short. :(