Status: Active! feedback would be highly, highly appreciated :)

One Day

Be There To Hold Me

What the fuck is going on?” Zack seethed, glaring down at me. I could see that he was just as shocked as he was hurt.

I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn’t seem to form the words I needed. My head was still spinning with the initial shock of seeing Zack standing at my door with roses. The fact that Sam’s arms were still coiled tightly round my waist wasn’t helping matters, in fact, I pried myself out of his grasp.

“What are you doing here dude? In fact who the fuck are you?!” Sam interrupted, squaring up to Zack. He was still absolutely furious from our argument just before Zack showed. I didn’t want him speaking to anyone, especially the dark haired man standing in my doorway. I groaned and got in between them.

“Stop! This is stupid!” I tried to push Sam as hard as I could but seeing as he was twice my size, it did little good.

“I’m her friend and I’m fucking entitled to be here you psychopath!” Zack yelled, trying to hold himself back.

Sam moved to punch Zack and I pushed him again, which seemed to make Sam angrier. He laughed cruelly and looked down at me, his brow furrowed as he surveyed the two of us.

“Oh I see what’s going on!” he was hysterical by this point. He was grinning like a mad man. “You two have got some weird thing going, haven't you?!”

The room was deadly silent. He scowled and grabbed his keys, making sure to knock over a couple of vases on his way. His large arm connected with my ribs as he stormed past me and out of the door. Luckily Zack caught me just as I was about to hit the ground. The intense pain in my ribs pulsated as I was laid out on the sofa. Zack smiled weakly and caressed my side where Sam had knocked me.

“Well, I definitely didn’t picture that outcome when I woke up this morning.” Zack said laughing a little. His smile faltered when our eyes connected. I thought he was going to kiss me then and I could tell he was thinking about the same thing as me. His hand was now ghosting on my shoulder and I noticed how warm it felt.

“What’s happening Kirsten?” he added, his voice serious.

Zacky was hurt and I felt horrible because I knew it was ultimately all my fault. I should have just stuck with my better judgement that night and left him well alone. Obviously he had come back from his holiday and rushed to my door to tell me something but I couldn’t figure it out, especially now he’d just witnessed that fiasco ten minutes previously.

“That asshole is my ex.” I whispered, trying to avoid his gaze. “He basically showed up at my door last night and we slept together.”

He frowned, his expression softening as he took my hand in his and forced me to look at him. He gently rubbed my hand with his thumb for a few moments as we both sat in a comfortable silence.

“Hey, don't you feel bad. I’m the one who’s married remember?” he whispered, pulling my face round to meet his. He was smiling again and I could tell he genuinely meant what he was saying to me. “I know this is wrong but I can’t get you off my mind and its driving me crazy, your like a breath of fresh air to me. You’ve got to know that as soon as we jetted off, I felt shit, I didn’t wanna be there with her. It should be you I jet off with.”

I didn’t know what to say back to him. I could feel myself trying to form the words but nothing came out. Over the last month or so, all I wanted was for him to say that he liked me, even if I didn’t want to admit it.

My brain disconnected with my body and I felt myself pull Zack towards me, pressing my lips against his. I felt him smile into the kiss as he responded eagerly, knotting his hands in my hair. I could feel myself be laid down on the sofa but I felt like I was having an outer body experience. This feeling was something new, and I didn’t want it to ever end. This man was beautiful inside and out and I never wanted to let him go.

“Stay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey another chapter for your guys. Hopefully you guys are liking this story so far :) sorry I haven't updated recently been busy at work!

Thank you guys!

Nicole