Status: Completed 28/12/12

The Consequence

Liquid Confidence

I was still lying on the bed when Josh came bounding through into the room, phone still clutched in his hand and a smile so bright it was almost blinding. He jumped on the bed making me roll off onto the floor.
"You'll never guess what! You Me At Six have been asked to go on Warped Tour!" He did a little jig on top of the bed before scooping me up bridal style off the floor.
"That's amazing news!" I cheered and wrapped an arm around his neck "Will there be other bands there?" He laughed and pinched my nose.
"Heaps of other bands you muppet! It's Warped Tour! There'll be about fifty other bands!" I shook my head in amazement. Wow, You Me At Six were getting quite popular by the looks of things. "Annnddd...I asked if I could drag you along too and they agreed!" He spun me around the room cheering like a little child on Christmas morning. I bit on my bottom lip, me going on a huge tour like that? Will I fit in? Will there be other Girlfriends there? What will I wear? Already I was getting anxious. I could feel Josh's eyes boring into my head trying to read my expression.
"Everything alright love?" He asked raising an eyebrow. I immediately pushed all doubts away and plastered on a huge grin for Josh.
"Yeah everything is great, it'll be like one crazy holiday!" I chimed as Josh laughed at my -not too real - enthusiasm.
"Well that's great. We leave to meet the guys in two days before we head off to LA." He placed me down on the bed before planting a kiss on my forehead and heading out the room. Two days?! That was barely enough time for me to buy a whole new wardrobe, get all my necessary toiletries AND pack! I bent down to grab my suitcase from under the bed, I'd have to start packing straight away!

*****

"Josh! Help me zip up my case!" I bellowed from the bedroom as I lamely sat on my bulging suitcase which was refusing to close. I could hear him grumble some sort of insult but helped me none of the less. In just a few minutes we were packing our luggage into the taxi Josh called earlier and were on our way to the Hotel we were going to meet the boys for the night before heading off to the Airport for our early flight to LA. I was secretly very nervous about the whole tour, whenever I thought about it (which was quite often) my stomach would tie into very uncomfortable knots. Josh, on the other hand, couldn't wait to head off on tour. It was understandable of course, with all his mates being there and everything, but I could never shake the feeling that me coming along wasn't quite the best idea.

*****

"Josh you fat bitch! Come here and give me a hug!" We were greeted at the Hotel by a very hyped Max. He bear hugged Josh before turning to me and giving me a friendly squeeze. "Good to see you Carrie," He whispered in my ear with a cheeky smile "Lets get you two inside, the other lads are dying to see you!" He laughed as he dragged us inside and checked us in. The hallway where our room was located was basically all occupied by You Me At Six's band and crew. As we went up in the elevator we could already hear the faint sounds of a party going on in one of the rooms, Josh turned to Max.
"Getting wasted already?" He asked with a chuckle, Max had an evil sparkle in his deep brown eyes.
"But of course! The first thing we did when we got here was raid Matt's room and crack open the beer!" We all laughed and Max showed us our room before rushing off to Matt's room where the little party was in full swing.
"You wanna just dump our luggage and head on over to Matt's room?" Josh asked while heaving his suitcase over to the bed where he let in drop, I nodded and did the same. After a quick change into a nice deep purple curve-hugging dress I was ready to go.

As we approached Matt's door we could already hear some rowdy shouting, Josh smiled and shook his head.
"Already they're completely pissed." He acknowledged with a small laugh and placed his hand on the small of my back. "You look gorgeous by the way." He said as he opened the door to complete ciaos: Max was on a table doing a very bad impression of what I could only guess was a stripper, Matt was running round encouraging everyone to splash him with beer and Dan was drawing smiley faces on his own bare chest.
"Where's Chris?" I asked as I scanned the room for the long haired guitarist. I tripped over something and nearly went head first into the table Max was dancing on, I could hear Josh burst out in hysterical laughter and pointed down at the ground where I tripped.
"Here he is!" He yelled through his giggles. I looked down to see I had tripped over a very drunk and passed out Chris. Shit. Max jumped down from his table and greeted us with a slurred hello.
"Come 'ave smm beer you crazzzzzy..." He handed us a beer can each and went back to his dancing, I shrugged and took a swig from the can, this was gonna be fun.

My vision was getting more distorted with every drink I took, it didn't help when Matt declared everyone was gonna take shots, which I did. I was happily dancing to what I thought was a good song when I felt a pair of warm hands on my waist, I giggled and pulled the hands up over my head so I could dance with them. It soon got pretty heated as we began to grind up against each other with my hands slung lazily over his shoulders, Josh never was a good dancer...clearly he'd improved. I could feel his hot breath on my neck as he traced kisses down to my bare shoulder, I put a hand through his hair and pushed his chin up with my finger so I could crush my lips with his...

*****

With a low groan I woke up. The inside of my head felt like a bongo drum beating against my skull and I could hardly open my eyes from the blinding light streaming into the room. Fuck hangovers. I pushed my face deep into my pillow to snuff out the sunlight. I felt an arm slide over my back and push me towards them, their chest was warm so I snuggled closer to it.
"Good morning." A muffled voice sang, I smiled to myself, this made a change from Josh's usual morning antics. Wait...
I shot up, my head rewarding me with a skull breaking boom. I put a gentle hand to my throbbing head and slowly turned around to my left.
"What the fuck!?" I shrieked as I saw a half sleeping, half naked Max with his right arm outstretched begging for my presence under it again. Max opened his eyes slowly at my outburst and turned his head towards me. He gave me a once over and a smirk played on his lips.
"Shit...hello there." I scowled at him and looked down at myself...oh my god I was stark naked! I pulled the covers right up to my neck and stared at Max with eyes the size of saucepans.
"What the hell happened!?" I boomed, my breathe started to catch in my throat and my hands found their way into my hair. This was bad. This was soooo bad. My heart beated against my chest and I could hardly concentrate on anything but Max's face smirking at me...how was he so calm in a situation like this!?
"Well clearly we had sex. I don't remember much but I'm pretty sure it was good." I threw a pillow at him which in return made him chuckle. I thought back to last night...all I can remember was someone kissing me...hard and then...
It all came back to me, the night spiralling with lust, passion and alcohol flavoured breathe. I whimpered and slumped down face first into the mattress. This was so fucked up.
"It's okay Carrie. This sort of thing happens all the time. It's no big deal, just don't tell Josh." But it was a big deal. The one thing that stuck out in my mind from last night was that I knew when Max led me to his room that it wasn't Josh, I knew what we were going to do, but I went for it...and I enjoyed it and I knew it wasn't just the alcohol.
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun DUUUN. I don't know if I like this chapter...but shit happens in it so meeh happy enough haha as usual tell me what you think about it so far, I would really appreciate some feedback/comments. Updating soon :)