Status: Completed 28/12/12

The Consequence

No One Does It Better

** Carrie's POV **

"If I were an honest guy,
I'd give this love another try.
What are we doing I am so in love with you-"

I groaned and tried to drown out the voice singing, presumably in the shower as I could also hear running water along with the raspy voice. I untangled my legs from Max's and slowly got up of the mattress. Max's arm was dangerously close to my boobs and as I shoved his arm off he let out a low groan.
"Urgg what time is it?" He grumbled as he rubbed the sleep out his eyes.
"Time to get up!" I sang as I ran a hand through my bed head. Max whimpered and placed a hand over his face blocking out the harsh light.
"I don't wanna get up, 5 more minutes?" He stuck out his bottom lip in a pouted and I couldn't help but smile at his childish games. I leaned down inches away from his face.
"If you don't get up now I'mma kick you out your bed." I put on a cheery smile, he laughed before pulling me on top of him. I squealed but he merely tightened his grip at my lame attempts to escape his grasp.
"You wouldn't dare!" He called with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"Try me." I smirked. He stared deep into my eyes sending a shiver down my spine. He leaned forward and half closed his eyes to...
"Max you better get ou-Carrie?!" I jumped off of Max, my eyes turning into moons, a sick sinking feeling filled my chest. Josh stood across from us in the doorway to the bathroom, droplets of water falling across his face from his soaking wet hair. Fury and hurt filled his eyes as they darted from me to Max.
"I was just waking Max up." I piped up, a shaky smile on my face. Josh rolled his eyes and snorted.
"Yeah if that's what you call it." I frowned. So what if I was in bed with Max? It's not like he had the right to stop me anymore, we're not going out anymore!
"Yeah it is. And if you don't mind I'd like you to take your filthy nose out my business, it's lost it's place there after we broke up!" I snapped at him, he looked like he was away to retaliate but backed out and instead walked away to the kitchen. I let out a sigh and plopped back down on the bunk.
"Wow Carrie, you on your period or something?" I turned to see Max gaping at me, I smiled and playfully hit his forearm. No I was most definably not PMSing.

After a quick breakfast of a bowl of Corn Flakes, a shower and a change of clothes into a cute floral floaty summer dress, I found myself sitting on a chair in the kitchen taping my nails on the counter.
"Christ sake Carrie, stop that, it's getting right now my tits. Why you so nervous?" Dan sat down opposite me chewing thoughtfully on an apple. I shrugged.
"Alex said we'd hang out today before we head off on the road." Dan raised an eyebrow.
"Alex Gaskarth?" I politely nodded and started playing with the hem of my dress.
"Better watch out Carrie, he's something we lads like to call a player." A laughed without humour, Alex didn't sound like the type to play around with girls. He was sweet, charming, polite and incredibly gorgeous, anything but a player in my opinion. I felt my phone vibrate in my small bag.

"I'm nearly at your bus, meet me just outside? xx" I jumped from my seat and made my way to the door. I stopped suddenly remembering Max's words yesterday, I turned back to Dan.
"Tell Max I'm away to see Alex and will be back before the bus is due to leave." He nodded and I practically skipped the rest of the way out.

Outside the sun bet pleasantly on my shoulders, the sky was a perfect blue and was clear of any sign of clouds. A perfect summers day.
"Hey gorgeous." My heart stopped for a split second. I turned around and was met with the warm brown eyes of Alex Gaskarth. He wore a simple white V-neck and dark skinny jeans, but the overall affect was breathtaking. "Fuck you look good today." I blushed and gave him a wide smile in return.
"You don't look too bad yourself." He chuckled and took his hand in mine. "So where are we off to today?" He tilted his head slightly downwards to look at me, his usual smirk plastered on his face.
"I just thought we'd have a little stroll seeing as it's such a wonderful day." I nodded in agreement and we headed off into the town.

*****

We wondered for nearly an hour talking about everything and anything. He had such a great personality and could make me laugh effortlessly. We headed into a few shops which took our fancy but never really staying for too long before we headed off again. After stopping by at Starbucks we decided we better head back if we wanted to be back in time.

As we approached Alex's bus a lanky figure emerged from nowhere and sprayed us with a water gun, the freezing cold water hit my chest and I squealed and cursed as the icy water soaked through onto my skin.
"Gotcha!" Jack yelled, I turned to Alex who was equally soaked, he cursed at Jack in mock fury. I spotted a few spare water guns at the side of the bus and sneakily stalked off and snatched them off the ground. I turned and aimed right at Jack's back and opened fire.
"FUCKKKKK!" I burst out in hysterics as Jack hopped about, crying out as the icy water made it's way through his t shirt.
"Karma bitch!" I cried out through my laughter. Jack narrowed his eyes and ran at me, water gun in hand, shouting some sort of war cry. I screamed and ran towards Alex, hiding myself behind his body.
"You can run but you can't hide!" Jack was trying to push Alex out the way but Alex refused to budge, I decided to take advantage of the distraction and ran behind the bus, pushing my back on the cold metal of the back of the bus. I waited a few seconds before Jack yelled and realized my disappearance. I sucked in a breathe, trying my hardest not to burst out in a fit of giggles. I could hear silent footsteps making their way towards my hiding spot, I stiffened and clutched my water gun to my soaking chest. A head popped out from the side of the bus, a huge smirk on his face.
"Found you!" I squealed as Jack pined me against the bus, aiming his water gun at my heart. I playfully pleaded and begged him for release but he was having none of it.
"You soak me, you pay!" My chest ached from all the laughing and I finally gave in and stopped struggling. Instead of soaking me like I thought Jack leaned in closer, locking his deep brown eyes with mine. I held my breathe in anticipation and my body stiffened as his lips locked with mine. I relaxed into his body as he deepened the kiss and I weaved my fingered through his black hair, letting out a breathe I realized I was holding. He smiled against my lips as me broke apart, resting his forehead against mine.
"Well that escalated quickly." I said my voice wavering and he let out a barking laugh. "What we gonna tell Alex?" He shrugged and bit his bottom lip, my stomach tying itself in knots at his action.
"He was just gonna use you you know?" I nodded despite myself, knowing deep down I knew he was just playing with me. "He's already taken another girl back since you left yesterday." My eyes widened at his last comment. Really? My heart sank a little as I realized Dan's words were right...he was a player. Jack traced circles on my cheek and I leaned into his touch.
"I really like you Carrie."
"I-" the words felt heavy on my tongue. "I really like you too Jack." With the whole break up with Josh it would be impossible to even get close to a relationship with Max, and Jack was good for me, he brought out the laid back fun loving side of me that neither Max nor Josh were truly able to do as easily as Jack. I didn't hesitate to kiss Jack back as he pressed his lips to mine. Despite everything his kiss, his touch, his everything felt right. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as his hand made it's way into my hair. Jack felt right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so...I don't think a lot of you were expecting this...but hey! I wasn't gonna egt them two together until later but I thought hell, it goes well enough with the story. Let me know what you think. :)