Billie's Lover

Chapter 19

*Tre’s POV*

I was hanging around, waiting for Munson to get home, when I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to find Clara standing there. She looked as though she’d been crying.

“Clara? What’s wrong?” I asked.

She let out a cry and I hugged her shaking body.

“Clara,” I said again, “What’s wrong?”

“B-Billie…” She stuttered.

“What about Billie?” I questioned, pulling her away from my shoulder to look at her.

“Got mad… And, H- He hit me!” She wailed, hugging me again.

“Billie?! Billie hit you?!” I said surprised.

She let out another sob.

“Here come in,” I said leading her into the living room.

She sat on the couch and managed to pull her self together long enough to explain everything. Including how she and Mike slept together.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. This aggressive, angry, horrible man certainly didn’t sound like the Billie I knew. Everyone can loose their temper but I think Billie definitely over reacted.

“Well, you can stay the night if you like.” I said when she had finished.

“That would be great,” She replied, “Thanks Tre…”

“No problem, you can sleep in the guest room.” I said with a smile.

She smiled back.

“So, where’s Munson?” She asked.

“Just went out to pick up a couple things,” I replied, “She should be back soon.”

“Alright,” She said getting up off the couch, “Well, I’m gunna go to sleep early. Feel free to tell Munson about… What happened…”

“You sure?” I questioned.

“Yeah, it’s okay…” She sighed.

“Hey Clara…” I called.

She turned around.

“Don’t worry, okay?” I said reassuringly, “We’ll work this out. It’s all gunna be alright.”

“Okay,” She replied, walking up the staris.

When Munson got home, I told everything to her over dinner and then we went to bed. I think we were both in shock. This really didn’t sound like Billie…

* * *

*Billie’s POV*

I couldn’t sleep last night. Clara hadn’t come home and I felt so horrible about what I had done to her. Even though she wasn’t my wife at the time, it still felt like she had cheated on me or something. I knew she hadn’t but I guess I felt that way ‘cause I had only found out now. I wasn’t mad at her or Mike, only myself. I was so ashamed.

I took my shower got dressed and headed over to Hannah and Mike’s, hoping she would be there. I felt as though I was going to be sick so I didn’t eat.

I rang the door bell and Hannah answered. She scowled at me.

“Hi…” I said quietly, “I’m guessing you got a call from Clara?”

I knew she wasn’t here because her car wasn’t in the drive way.

“Yes, we did,” She said still frowning.

Mike joined her at the door, looking surprised to see me.

“Good… I don’t have to explain” I said, “I feel so horrible about the whole thing.”

“So she’s over at Tre and Munson’s?” I asked.

“Yes, but I doubt she really wants to see you,” Hannah said.

“Well, I’m going over there anyway…” I said walking back to my car.

When I arrived I walked up to the door step and took a deep breath. I had no clue as to what I was going to say to her. I rang the bell and Tre answered.

“What the fuck are you doing here?!” He yelled.

“I have to talk to Clara,” I replied with my head down.

“Trust me she doesn’t wanna talk to you!” He said slamming the door behind him and stepping forward.

“Tre, I know that all of you hate me right now, but I really need to talk to her.” I said.

He didn’t say anything; he just stood there glaring at me.

I sighed and walked back to the car, admitting defeat.

When I got back I paced around the house, trying to figure out what to do. I couldn’t think, I felt like I was going crazy.

Hours later I decided to call everyone and somehow get them to come over and explain everything.

First was Hannah and Mike.

“Hello?” Said Mike.

“Hi, I know you’re all mad at me but I need you to come over, Hannah too.” I said as quickly as possible.

He sighed.

”Fine…”

I hung up and called Munson. Surprisingly, I managed to convince everyone else to come too. I guess they knew how shitty I was feeling…

Hannah and Mike came first, it was really awkward though. The living room was silent as we waited, not filled with laughter as usual.

Finally Munson, Tre and Clara came in. Clara wouldn’t even make eye contact with me, and Tre wouldn’t let me anywhere near her.

When everyone was seated in the living room, I began to explain myself.

“I’m sorry… I just snapped. I was just angry that I was only finding this out now. I know I over reacted, but it felt like you cheated me or something. I know you didn’t but anyway… I’m not mad at anyone except myself. I can’t believe what I did and I don’t know if I’ll ever forgive myself. I certainly don’t expect you to but I had to get this off my chest…”

I took a deep breath and continued…

“Clara, I don’t expect you to forgive me, but I need you too, if that makes any sense… I love you and you make me happier than I ever though I could be.”

The room was silent except for a few quiet sobs coming from Clara.

I went over to her and wrapped my arms around her. She hugged me back. It felt so good to be with her again.

“I love you too,” She said.

I looked around and found everyone with smiles on there faces.

“But Billie you really did hurt me,” Clara said as I turned back to look at her, “And not just physically…”

“I know,” I replied, “And I regret everything…”

She sighed.

Then Mike piped in.

“I must take some responsibility for this incident. Wasn’t all Clara… But if it make you feel better, the sex wasn’t even that good!”

We all laughed.

“So obviously Hannah, you’re okay with it?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Wow, do I ever feel like an idiot.” I said with a chuckle.

“It’s okay, hun,” Clara said, still smiling.

“I don’t even know why it bothered me so much…” I said.

She laughed, “Really, it’s fine.”

Everyone stayed for dinner and then headed home.

Now we were just sitting on the couch watching T.V.

“I must admit, I feel a bit awkward around you still,” Clara said.

“I know, I know… It’s kinda weird for me too.” I said.

“God… What the hell was I thinking?” I asked myself.

“It’s fine…” She said cuddling to me, “Let’s go to bed.”

“Yeah,” I replied, “I need some sleep.”