Billie's Lover

Chapter 6

*Clara's POV*

I woke up the next morning around noon. Billie was still asleep and I couldn't bare to wake him. He looked so peaceful. I threw on a pair his boxers and my tank top, then headed downstairs where Mike was makin’ up some lunch.

"Ummm... Hi" He said slowly.

"Hey!" I said as I poured myself some coffee.

"What are you doing?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, I slept over..." I said with a grin.

"Aha..." He said nodding with a smile, obviously understanding what I meant.

He glanced at the stairs.

"So was he as good as me?" He asked with a smirk.

I laughed and hit him playfully.

"No seriously, was he?" He asked again.

"I can't compare you two," I replied, still grinning.

He laughed.

I then felt Billie's hands around my waist.

"Mornin' " He said as he kissed my neck.

I turned around and kissed his lips.

Mike pretended to start crying.

“I just wish I had someone who loved me.” He said, still wailing.

“Awww, it’s okay Mikey, come here…” Billie teased as he hugged Mike.

I just laughed and sat down at the table.

Shortly after Tre came running in through the front door fallowed by Munson.

“HI!” Shouted Tre.

“Hey” We all said.

“Let’s go to the café for lunch!” He said happily while bounding up and down.

“I don’t think you need anymore caffeine.” I chuckled.

"No, no, no!" He protested, "I wanna!"

We all laughed.

"Tre, we just got up," Said Billie.

"So meet us there" Replied Munson with a smile.

"Alright with you?" Asked Billie looking at me.

"Sure!" I said.

"Be there soooon!" Tre said excitedly.

Then just like that he was gone again.

"He's like a friggen two year old." Retorted Munson as she followed him out the door.

I looked over at Billie and thought how everything was so perfect. I didn't want anything to change.

* * *

Four months had past and it was now October. Hannah had finally finished editing and had sent her book into the publisher for the final time. Munson, Conor and I had had several band practices a week but it wasn’t going to be a serious band anyway. It was more for fun than anything. Billie had moved out from Mikes place and had bought a new house.

Now we were all meeting up at The Café, Conor too, because Tre and Munson had “news.”

When we all arrived Munson and Tre said they had an announcement.

“Okay… We’re engaged!” Said Munson, showing everyone the ring.

“Oh my god, Congratulations!” I said giving both of them a hug.

The others did the same then we all sat back down.

“We haven’t decided on a date yet,” Said Tre “But we’re thinking sometime in spring.”

“Yeah well we gatta run,” Said Munson, “Haven’t told our parents yet.”

She rolled her eyes as she said that. Her mother wasn’t very fond of Tre.

We all said our goodbyes and then headed home.

* * *

Hannah was out with Mike and Billie was coming over tonight. He said he had to talk to me about something important. I was just hoping he wasn’t going to dump me. But we were having so much fun I doubted it.

The doorbell rang.

“Hey” I said as I opened the door, knowing who it was.

“Hey” Said Billie.

He came in and I greeted him with a long kiss.

“I have to talk to you about something.” He said, “It’s kinda a big deal, well, to me it is.”

“Okay..." I replied.

We headed over to the couch. It was such a tiny apartment we didn’t really have a living room.

“So, what’s up?” I asked.

“Well, as you know, Adrienne got our house and I recently bought a new house.” He said.

“Right,” I replied.

“So I was hoping that you would, um, move in with me.” He said looking down at the floor.

“I know we haven’t been going out that long” He said, his head still down. “But… I love you.”

I just looked at him. I could tell how nervous he was. He looked up at me and I smiled.

“I love you too,” I replied. “And I’d love to live with you.”