Hating You for Loving Me

Starve Me.

Image

---

*Pete’s POV*

I sat there on the couch carelessly flipping through channels a mile a minute until JJ rushed into the house crying and ran upstairs without a word.
Patrick and I glanced at each other for a moment then got up off of our lazy asses and walked upstairs.
I saw Mel give me a pitied look before she entered JJ’s room leaving Patrick and I waiting outside her door.
I heard sobbing and the exchanges of ‘I’m sorry’ throughout one another.
Mel came out with tears in her eyes and she just shook her head making us follow her all the way down the stairs.
“He is dead.” Mel blurted out.
I felt a pain in the pit of my stomach like I was just punched, making sure I couldn’t breath.
I was pretty sure al the blood drained from my face.
I never though he would commit suicide, over something like this.
Well, I would too.
If it was out of love, but still its devastating.

*Mel’s POV*

That night I laid with Patrick on JJ’s couch downstairs as Pete was upstairs probably sitting with JJ.
I laid on Patrick’s stomach where I could still hear his heart beat and his slow breathing at the same time.
I liked hearing them both at the same time I suppose.
Patrick actually lately hasn’t been eating much.
He always says he is too full from going out to lunch with the guys.
A lie he should have never told.
“Patrick, why do you have to lie to me?” I asked him as I buried my head into his stomach even further.
“I’m not?” He asked confused.
“Why haven’t you been eating lately?” I asked him as I placed my chin on his chest as I looked up at him.
“I’m always full when you ask me if I’m hungry Mel.” He sighed as he placed a hand on my back.
“Tell me the truth Patrick.” I said as I pushed his hand off of my back.
“I-I can’t.” He stuttered as he looked at the ground in shame.
“You don’t have to be skinny for me.” I sighed as I grasped his hand.
“I just, don’t want you to have a fat boyfriend I guess. I don’t know, I feel like I’m making you look bad in public when you’re with me.” He sighed as he squeezed my hand.
“Patrick, I could care less what they think. I love you, and I always will. But this, making yourself starve won’t help you.” I told him as I wrapped my arms around his waist.
“I’m sorry.” He whimpered as he brought his lips to mine.
“Promise me you’ll eat like normal.” I said as I rested my head in the crook of his neck.
“I promise.” He promised me as he rested his head on mine.