Hating You for Loving Me

I, Don't Love You

Image

---

Mel’s POV*

“Which side do you want to sleep on?” I asked Patrick.
“I don’t know.” He shrugged.
“Fine, I’ll sleep on this side of the bed then!” I pouted as I got under his covers and scooted to the wall.
“Okay.” He simply stated as he turned out his lamp and scooted next to me.
“Poke.” He said as he poked me in the back gently.
“Slap.” I said with a laugh as I slapped his arm.
“OWIE!” He yelled.
“That did not hurt you big baby.” I told him.
“Yes huh!” He said in a little kid voice.
“Here let me kiss it.” I said as I kissed his arm.
“Better.” He said as he cuddled me as I fell asleep with him snoring next to me gently.

*JJ’s POV*

“I’m tired.” Pete yawned as he rubbed his eyes.
“Me too.” I told him as I set down a toy car I was messing with.
“Here.” He said as he threw a blanket at me.
“Thanks.” I said as I jumped on his bed hugging his pillow.
“That’s my favorite pillow.” He whimpered.
“Pete, we're 14 quit your whining, but I still love you if you don’t.” I told him as I grabbed the covers and pulled them up to my chin.
“You what?” He slowly asked as he cleaned off his bed.
“Nothing.” I said as I finally noticed what came out of my mouth.
“No! You said something, please tell me.” Pete pleaded as he jumped up and down on his bed.
“Nothing Peter Panda, just go to bed.” I replied as I turned over facing the wall.
As he turned out the lights I heard him ruffle around in his bed before he got settled.
After a while of me just lying there I heard him ruffle around in his bed as he let out a big sigh.
“Not tired?” I asked him out of the blue.
“No, I am. It just bugs me about what you might have said and what you didn’t say.” Pete said as he turned towards me.
“Peter Panda I said nothing so good night.” I told him as I got more and more frustrated.
“Okay, good night JJ.” Pete said as he turned around.
“Goodnight Pete.” I simply replied as I lay awake staring at the moon that was outside of his window.
I heard him again ruffle, but this time he climbed into my bed.
“I love you too.” He simply stated with a big grin on his face.
“So, you did know what I said?” I asked him.
“Of course I did.” He said as he pressed his lips to mine.
“Then why did you lie to me? You already knew what I said.” I told him ignoring the kiss.
“Because, I wanted to see if you would tell me. But apparently you’re shy about this stuff.” He said as he looked in my eyes.
“No, I didn’t want you to know because I am going to be missing you and you will find someone else and I will be heart broken and why would you care we will be eight states away.” I told him coldly.
“I love you.” He whispered in my ear.
“I, love you too.” I told him as our lips collided once again.
“No, wait I can’t love you Pete. You’re making me fall for you. Just stop.” I told him as I pulled away from him and struggled to get free.
“Calm down! I will always love you no matter what. No matter how far you are from me I will always love you.” He said as he firmly grabbed a hold of me.
“Please don’t make me love you.” I sobbed into his shirt.
“I’m not making you. I’m asking you.” He said.
“I, don’t love you.” I told him as I looked away from him trying to blink back the tears.
“Okay.” He said quietly as he let go of me and crawled into his own bed.