All Grown Up

Anorexic Model Girlfriends

Sooner of later we've all got to let go of our past.

"How's your head feel?"

Harry shrugged, not taking his eyes off of the telly. His doctor had said he needed to be watched overnight so he was staying at my cottage. As much as I didn't want him to, I wasn't going to let anything happen to him. It wasn't the fact that he was staying at my place, but that I hated him and that he bullied me. I know I should forgive and forget, but I can't do that when what he did and said to me is still in the forefront of my mind. 

"I'm going to go to bed. Are you sleeping down here or in one of the guest rooms?" 

His eyes finally moved from the telly, to me. When they did, I noticed they looked a little hazy. His pain meds must be kicking in. "I'm sleeping...with you!" He exclaimed. And they make him loopy. Great. Thanks doctor. 

I shook my head and said, "No you aren't. Now get up so I can take you to one of the guest rooms." He stood up and threw an arm around me, leaning on me as we headed up the stairs. 

"I'm really sorry about--" He hiccupped. "I'm really sorry about everything I said to you in school. I didn't mean any of it."

I nodded. "I'm sure you didn't," I muttered. 

He kept babbling about it as we entered my parents old room. I got him tucked in and turned to walk towards the door, but he grabbed my wrist. "I swear on it Ana. I didn't mean any of it. I actually really liked you," he mumbled.

I ignored that and let out an aggravated sigh. "Just drop it and go to sleep, yeah?" With that said, I turned and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind me. Once in my room, I changed into my yoga shorts, tank top, and sweatshirt before getting in my own bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I felt like a ton of bricks were weighing my eyelids down. They closed and I was out like a light. 

It didn't seem like but a second later my door was opening and the other side of the bed was dipping and an arm was wrapping itself around my middle. My back met a chest, but in my half asleep state I didn't care. 

"I'm sorry Ana-banana," Harry whispered in slurred words. I almost didn't hear him. I sighed with a small groan and fell asleep, letting darkness take over. 

++++++

"We fell in love in a hopeless place. We fell in love in a hopeless place. We fell in love in a hopeless place," I sang as I danced around and made breakfast. Music was a must in my life. Much like dance was. Without music I felt like I was missing something in my life. I always had music playing on my phone and right now that was Rihanna. 

Once the scrambled eggs were done, I poured them in a bowl and sat them on the table with the other food. I made bacon, toast, pancakes, hashbrowns, and cut up some fruit. Tea kettle was on the stove staying warm. Now all I needed was to go get Harry up. Turning around to leave, I about jumped out of my skin at the sight of Harry in the doorway. 

"Jesus tits, Harry!" I shouted. My hand rested on my chest trying to calm my erratically beating heart. All he did was smirk. Bastard. "How long were you standing there?"

"Long enough to know you can not only dance, but sing and cook," he replied. "All at the same time," he added.

I rolled my eyes, muttering under my breath as I sat down to fix my plate. God damn Harry fucking Styles for scaring me. And it didn't help that he was creeping in the doorway either. That just made me want to reach out and slap him. I couldn't stand the bloke yet here I was taking care of him and making him a big breakfast while he creeped on me and slept in my house. Why did I do that stuff for him? Oh yeah, because I bashed him in the head with a glass fish bowl and caused him to have a concussion and stitches on his forehead. I felt bad and my parents taught me to help a person in need. He just so happened to be a person in need...and I just so happened to be the only person around that knew him.

"What are you muttering about?" Talking with a mouthful of food is not good table manners. Did Anne not teach him anything when he was little? 

"You," I replied. "And don't talk with your mouthful. It's not attractive." 

He stared at me as he chewed his food. Once he swallowed he said, "So are you trying to say I'm attractive?" 

My glaring eyes snapped up and zeroed in on his smirking face. "No I don't. I'm dating Ian and he's attractive. You however, are not. Now shut up and eat your bloody food," I snapped. I ignored the fallen expression on his face and continued eating. 

The rest of the time we ate, it was in silence. I didn't have anything to say to him. I didn't want to look at him. I just wanted him to leave so I could continue on with my relaxing weekend by myself. God must have hated me because my relaxing weekends to myself always got ruined. 

After I finished I put the leftovers in containers and put them in the fridge. I could take it to Ian and Lilly. They would eat it as if they hadn't ate their whole lives. I put the dishes in the sink and started washing them after turning on music on my phone. It was Little Bird by Ed Sheeran.

"You like Ed?" Harry asked, coming up beside me. I nodded getting ready to dry the pan but he took it from me and did it himself. "He's probably my favorite singer, songwriter of all time," I replied. 

If we take this bird in
With its broken leg
We could nurse it
She said
Come inside
For a little lie down with me
If you fall asleep
It wouldn’t be the worst thing
But when I wake up
Your make-up is on my shoulder
And tell me, if I lie down
Would you stay now
And let me hold you?


Harry grinned down at me and started singing along with Ed's melodic voice. Ed's voice mixed with Harry's deep, grovely voice was something to hear. 

But if I kiss you
Will your mouth read this truth?
Darling, how I miss you
Strawberries taste how lips do
And it’s not complete yet
Mustn’t get our feet wet
Cos that leads to regret
Diving in too soon
And I’ll owe it all to you
My little bird
My little bird

If we take a walk out
In the morning dew
We could lay down
So I’m next to you
Come inside
For a little home-made tea
If you fall asleep
Then at least you’re next to me
And if I wake up
You see, it’s late, love
Go back to sleep
I’m covered by nature
And I’m safe now
Underneath this oak tree
With you beside me

But if I kiss you
Will your mouth read this truth?
Darling, how I miss you
Strawberries taste how lips do
And it’s not complete yet
Mustn’t get our feet wet
Cos that leads to regret
Diving in too soon
And I’ll owe it all to you
My little bird
My little bird
My little bird
My little bird

And of all these things
I’m sure of
I’m not quite certain
Of your love
And you made me scream
But then I made you cry
When I left that little bird
With its broken leg to die

But if I kiss you
Will your mouth read this truth


As he sang that part, he looked at me with a look I couldn't describe. His head dipped down but I didn't move. I couldn't. I felt his breath on me before long. It fanned across my face leaving goosebumps everywhere. He moved his face the last few inches and connected our lips. His bottom lip fit between mine. They were like puzzle pieces fitting together. My eyes closed on instinct as his lips parted and I felt his tongue run across my bottom lip. I mirrored his actions and felt our tongues meet in the middle. His large hands came up and gripped my neck while mine rested on his chest. I felt his heart going a mile a minute. And that was all because of me. Harry Styles' heart was going crazy because of me. Wait...I'm kissing my enemy. Bollocks! I pushed him away and ran to my room. 

I got dressed then pulled my hair into a side braid and opened my door. Harry stood outside it ready to knock. I just ducked under his arms, not meeting his eyes or responding as he called out my name. Instead, I went outside and straight to the stables to get Snowflake ready. To my surprise she was already saddled up. But then again, today was Saturday and the stable workers came today. I climbed up on her and nudged the heels of my feet into her sides. She took off in a trot. 

I needed some alone time.

++++++

"Ana?!" I didn't respond. "Ana, come on! You've been gone all day! I'm starting to get worried!" 

I sat against the tree and looked out at the small pond. Snowflake was roaming around, eating grass every now and then. The sound of hoofs trotting on the ground met my ears. Snowflake huffed a little, shaking her head around. 

"Ana, will you please just talk to me? I know you're over here," Harry spoke. He could be heard jumping off his horse and making his way to me. He dropped down beside me, mimicking my actions and leaning against the tree. "Will you--" I cut him off.

"I don't want to talk to you. Go back to London and party with all your anorexic model girlfriends and shag 'em," I snapped. "Leave me alone." Hastily standing up, I tried to walk away. Key word tried. He had my wrist in his grasp before I even got four feet. 

"Let go of--" Now it was his turn to cut me off.

"Just hear me out, Ana," he pleaded. He turned me to where I was facing him, his hands cupping my face when I wouldn't look at him. "Ana, look at me." 

My eyes quit looking at the tree behind him and looked at his face. When I did, he smiled faintly. "Thank you," he murmured. "I meant what I said last night. I really liked you, and I still do. What I said and did to you in school...I didn't mean it."

I stared at him shell shocked. Did he really just say what I think he just said? Did he really just say he liked me? He can't like me. He bullied me. He made me cut myself. He made me almost commit suicide. 

"No--No you...no you don't," I stammered, trying to move away from him. He kept a hold of my face, not letting me go. "Yes I do, Ana. Why would I lie?"

"Why would you hurt me all those years? Why did you say those mean things?" I questioned.

He sighed. "I didn't mean any of it, babe. Please give me a chance and let me show you how sorry I am. I swear on my mum that I'll treat you like the Queen. Just please give me a chance." He was pleading now. And he looked so desperate. 

I don't know what it was, but I couldn't tell him no. "Okay," I whispered. He grinned great big and dipped his head down, placing a chaste kiss on my lips. As he pulled away, his grin disappeared. "What about Ian?" 

"He won't find out."  
♠ ♠ ♠
Harry is getting what he wants...

Image
He's a little excited.