Joker's Little Girl

Lunch Date and Mom Bashing

The next morning I walk to Gotham’s park with Butch. I walk over to the nearest outside coffee stand and get a French Vanilla ice coffee. I walk to an empty area and let Butch off of his lease.

I sit on a bench and sip my ice coffee.

Jackson and Victor are gonna come home around 1ish or so after Damien picks them up. Daddy, Draven and some other guys are gonna do a job tonight.

And me, im probably gonna be at home watching re-runs of The Nanny.

I have no life outside the factory and the guys.

I really wanted to get into music or fashion but how im I gonna do that with no experience or a college degree. Without a college degree I can’t do anything besides worrying if my family is still alive. Maybe if I show my designs to a fashion company I can become something. But that’s just wishful thinking on my part. The worst thing that could happen is that they tell me no. im gonna talk to dad about that.

Speaking of Dad, I think he is planning something big and I think Draven knows what it is. I tried talking to dad about his plans but he just kissed my forehead and told me not to worry. But how can I not worry. He could get killed or something. Or I can if I go into the building he is gonna blow up without knowing that it is.

I really think of some weird shit.

But I could happen. You can never know with my father.

I jump up and look around when I noticed that Butch was nowhere in sight.

“Butch!” I start running around the park looking for my dog.

I stop short when I see a man bending down petting a Rottweiler.

“Butch?” The dog looks up at me and I start crying when he starts running towards me. I drop to my knees and wrap my arms tightly around his neck. I look up at the man who was with my dog and I am shocked to see Bruce Wayne standing there looking down at me with a small smile on his face. I jump up and wrap my arms around him and hug him tightly. I feel him tense for a minute before relaxing and wrapping his arms around me. “Thank you, I don’t know what I would do without Butch.” I say to him when we break apart from the hug. I place a hand on Butch’s head and look up at Bruce.

“Its fine, he just knocked my assistant down trying to get the hotdog I was eating.” I laugh and bend down to kiss Butch’s head.

“Is your assentant ok?” I didn’t want a law suit against me just because my dog knocked some stuck up lady down.

“She’s fine and I talked to her saying it was an accident and nothing life threatening happened.”

I sighed cause I know a lot of rich people love to make problems for the ‘lesser people’.

“That’s good. Well thank you but I have to be going now.” I bent down and hooked Butch’s lease to his collar. When I was gonna walk away from Bruce, he grab my arm and turned me to face him.

“Are you hungry? We can stop at a diner or something.” I smile up at him.

“I would love to but I don’t think any restaurant would let Butch in.” He smiled at me and grabbed my hand.

“Which is why we can go to an outdoors one.” I laughed and walked next to Bruce, still hold his hand while Butch walk ahead of us.

When we get to his car, his assistant glares down at Butch. I pull him next to me and glare at the woman who dares look at my dog like that. Bruce notices the tension and tells that snob that she can go back to the office. She tries to get into Bruce’s limo thinking that she can ride back with him, but Bruce grabs her arm and tells her she has to take a cab. Bruce helps me into the limo before helping Butch in. Butch goes to the window by the driver and sticks his head in the space and licks the drivers face. I thought he would get mad at the dog but the old man laughed and petted Butchs’ head.

“Alfred drive us to the Marina.” I give Bruce a look and he gets what I mean because he quickly said a fast, “Please.”

I mean this man is driving us around, the least Bruce could do is say please to him.

I lean back into the seat and look out the window closest to me. Bruce is doing something with his blackberry before scowling at it.

“What’s wrong?” I ask seeing the scowl on his beautiful face.

“Just my CEO, reminding me that I have to go to a meeting in an hour.”

“So I quick lunch then? Or do you not have time?” I am a little bummed but that shit happens when you are the head of a multi-million company.

“We can have a quick lunch then Alfred can drive you home while I take a cab.” Oh shit they
can’t come to the warehouse.

“No that’s fine I will just call Damien to pick me up when he goes and get our brothers from the hospital.”

“Are you sure?” He has a worried look on his face. What does he think im gonna do lie about that and go rob a bank or something with my dog right next to me.

“Yea it’s fine. In fact I will text him now” I whip out my IPhone and go into my contacts to fine Damien’s number. And yes I have an IPhone because Daddy said it would look suspicious if a 19 year old is walking around with a disposable phone.

J: ‘Do u think u can pick me up @ the Marina?’

D: ‘yea but y r u there? N when do u want me 2 pick u up?’

J: ‘lunch wit Bruce, in 30 mins or so n don’t tell dad nothin.’

D: ‘fine see u l8r.’


“He is gonna pick me up once we are done.” I say after I read his last text.

“Are you really sure you don’t want Alfred to drop you off?” Wow he really isn’t gonna let this go.

“Yea its fine and it would be faster for your diver to take you back to work than wait for a cab.”
He doesn’t say anything when the limo stops in front of the Marina. Bruce gets out then leans in to help me out. I grab Butch’s lease and walk in next to Bruce.

Everyone stops to look at us. I roll my eyes really just cause Im wearing jean shorts, a 3oh!3 loose shirt that I tied to show my stomach and my black/pink DCs. Oh and im standing next to Bruce Wayne who is decked out in a 3 piece suit looking like he belongs in the posh place. Well that or Butch.

“Hi I need a table for two outside.” Bruce says to the hostess who looks about my age. She nods her head and walks to the outside section. I tie Butch’s lease on the balcony and sit down across from Bruce.

“Can I get you something to drink?”

“I will have a cup of coffee and you?” I look away from the ocean and look at Bruce.

“Uh I want a glass of water, please?”

She nods her head and walks away.

“So is Jezzie your full name?” Bruce asks once the waitress is gone. I laugh knowing he was gonna ask that.

“No my full name is Jezebel.” I say looking at the menu. Shit there is a lot of fancy stuff. What the hell. This place has no mozzarella sticks. That’s messed up.

“Jezebel. That is a very beautiful name.” Bruce says while petting Butch’s head which is chilling on his leg. Lucky dog.

“Thanks my dad named me.” Which is true, my mother wanted to name me Moonie. Like really who the fuck would let their child walk around with the name Moonie. I think my mother was a crack head.

“Can you tell me about him? You said in the hospital that he wasn’t really there?” I sigh knowing nothing good is gonna come from this convocation.

“My father isn’t the best man, hell he isn’t the best father but he tries. He does some messed up shit and the cops or Batman.” I sneered his name. “Always got him and locked him up.”

“Who is your father?” Shit what do I say? I know that dads real name isn’t connected to Joker but if I say Jack Napier, I know he is gonna look it up and I know it isn’t in the system.

“Uh Jack Napier is my father but that isn’t the name he goes by and before you ask no im not gonna tell you.” He is taken back by my bluntness of my words. Im not gonna lie and say that I don’t want to tell him the truth cause I do but I can’t out my father like that.

“Ok and what about your mother?” he asked after the waitress takes our orders after bringing us our drinks.

“She’s dead.” I say shortly. I don’t really love my mom at all. I mean I do but then I don’t.

“How did she die?” I guess he doesn’t see that I don’t want to talk about my mother. Fine then.

“She fell off a cliff.” I look out to the sea thinking of the day mother died. All she wanted was my 'brother’ Joker Jr. Who was just some kid that she ‘adopted’, it was like she never had me. I was 4 years old and I remember when she took Robin and started calling him her child. I was hurt so when he tried killing Daddy, I killed him instead.

“Do you know how?” God cant he just let this go.

“Nope, I was 4 when it happened.” I start to eat my meal once the waitress put it down.

We finish our meal in silence and Bruce pays for the check. I walk out with Butch texting Damien to see where he was. Bruce comes out and stands near me and looks down at me with a frown on his face.

“Im sorry for bringing up your parents.” I look up at him with tears in my eyes.

“My mother never wanted a girl. All she wanted was my brother. Who wasn’t even my brother, just some kid she ‘adopted’. Once she got him, it was always JJ this or JJ that. She ignored me and cared for JJ. My father was my only parent. I didn’t even cry when she died, I was happy that I didn’t have to go through the pain of being ignored by my own mother.” I wipe my tears away with the back of my hand and look down at my feet.

“I really am sorry. I shouldn’t have brought them up.” He puts his hands on my shoulders and bend down to look me in the eye.

“It’s fine. I mean everyone knows all about your parents but you don’t know about everyone else’s. It happens but it’s been 15 years since that happened I should be over it by now.”

I sigh and look up when I heard my name being called. I saw Damien leaning out of the passenger side window screaming my name. I smile up at Bruce and go up on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek. Me and Butch walk over to the truck and get in the back next to Jackson. Before I get into the car I look over at Bruce, who is staring at me, and smile at him. I close the door after I see him smile back at me. I sigh softly and close my eyes, falling asleep with dreams of the day my mother left me forever.