Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-011-

I stared out the window, a million things running through my mind. I was worried about Zak and the guys of course, but mostly about something Hailey had said earlier.

“I always have on my mind that Nick won’t be near me when I go into labor.”

It made me sad to think that she was constantly plagued by this. Granted, if I were pregnant, I’d probably think the same thing because the guys did spend a lot of their time on the road. I know Nick though and he loves Hailey more than anything in the world. He’d move Heaven and Hell for her if she wanted him to. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked over to see Hailey looking at me with concern.

“You okay?” she asked.

“Just thinking about what you said earlier. You know Nick loves you, right? He’d move Heaven and Hell if you wanted him to. I don’t want you to think for one second that he won’t be there for this baby’s birth. If I have to go to where ever they are and bring him back myself, he will be there. That won’t happen though cause he’ll come on his own if he has to. I know he will,” I smiled at her reassuringly.

She grinned, “You mean like the time I was sick and they were at the Ancient Ram Inn and I had to go to the hospital cause I had pneumonia?”

I giggled at the memory, not cause Hailey was sick, but because I had called Nick to let him know Hailey was going into the hospital and he didn’t even say anything, he just hopped on the first plane back to Vegas.

“So see, he’ll be there,” I grinned back at her.

She gave me a tight hug, “Thanks Katie, you’re the best.”

I hugged her back just as tight, “You’re my bestie. It’s my job to make sure your happy.”

Just then the captain came over the speaker and told us that we’d be landing soon and to prepare for landing. Hailey and I released each other and buckled our seatbelts back and sat back in our seats. After about ten minutes, we had landed and everyone was getting off the plane. Hailey stood first and I followed her. We got our carry-on bags out from our overhead compartments and headed off the plane.

“This is seriously the worst part about flying,” I sighed as we stood by the luggage retrieval.

Hailey nodded her agreement. Soon I saw our suitcases and I rushed to get them. I snatched them off the conveyor belt and dashed back to Hailey. She shook her head at me, but laughed to show she was joking. I just grinned at her and we linked arms and walked out of the airport.

“I have to go by the house to check on Gracie,” I told Hailey as we tried to flag down a cab.

“Poor thing probably thinks she’s been abandoned. You need to grab some more clothes too,” she stated thoughtfully.

I nodded my agreement this time as I finally got a cab to stop. He popped the trunk and we placed our bags in and closed it before getting in the back. Hailey gave him the address and we pulled off into traffic.

“Thought we were going to my place?” I questioned.

She nodded, “We are, but it’s better if we take our own vehicle.”

She had a point, “Touché.”

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Zak.

‘Hey baby! We made it home safely. I’m going by the house to make sure Gracie is okay and feed her and stuff. Love you!’

I hit send and decided to call my dad to let him know we had landed.

“Hey baby girl,” he answered a smile in his voice.

I giggled, “Hey dad. We have already landed in Vegas and are on our way to Hailey’s now.”

I could hear a relieved sigh escape his lips, “That’s great, honey. Why don’t you two come by and we’ll have dinner. My treat.”

I smiled and looked over at Hailey, taking the phone away from my mouth, “Hales, want to have dinner with my dad? His treat.”

Her eyes lit up, “Of course! I haven’t seen him in ages or my parents for that matter. We’ll go see them tomorrow, yeah?”

I nodded enthusiastically and pulled the phone back to my mouth, “Okay dad we’ll be over there in about an hour and a half, okay?”

“Okay hun, see you then,” he answered.

“And dad?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you,” I answered.

I could feel him smiling, “I love you too, baby girl.”

We hung up and I saw that Hailey was on the phone, probably with her mom, so I checked to see if I had a text from Zak. A smile immediately crept onto my lips when I saw that I did.

‘She’ll be so glad to see you. I wish she could stay at Hailey’s with you. I hate leaving her alone. Be careful and I love you too :*’

The smile faded from my lips before an idea hit me and it sprang right back. I looked up at Hailey with the saddest, morst irresistible puppy dog face I could manage. She looked back at me and rolled her eyes before telling her mom to hold on.

“What?”

“Can Gracie stay with us at your place? Pretty pweeeeease!” I begged putting more effort into making my face even more irresistible.

She sighed, “Fine.”

I grinned widely and thrusted my fist in the air, “Thank you!”

I began to text Zak back as the cab slowed down.

“Here you are ladies,” the driver said politely.

We thanked him and split the fare before getting out and grabbing our bags.

‘Hailey said Gracie can stay! So we’re going to pick her up and then we’re having dinner with my dad.’

I finally typed it up in a hurry while Hailey unlocked the door and I hit send just as the door opened.

“Ah it feels good to be home,” she gushed.

‘I wish I could say that more often,’ I immediately suppressed the thought.

I had stayed in our house, even though it had only ever been with Zak, before I just wish it was more often. Granted I was usually on the road with them, in a hotel, but still I was with Zak so I didn’t care. I smiled at myself; I had really been fighting for nothing because when it came down to it, I just wanted to be with Zak. I didn’t care where I stayed as long as he was with me I’d stay anywhere.

“Ready to go?” Haikley asked breaking my train of thought.

I nodded and followed her out of the door. My phone buzzed and I smiled.

‘What did he really say about the engagement? I’m glad Gracie gets to stay. She’ll be so excited :D’

I placed my bags in the back of Hailey’s SUV and hopped in the passenger’s seat, buckled my seatbelt, and began typing a reply to Zak.

‘He was a little shocked, I think, but he’s happy for us nonetheless. ‘

Hailey and I made our way to Zak and I’s house with the radio blaring with both of us signing along. Today was going to be a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks again to Fiction; (Hailey in this story) for helping me out with this. You're giving me hope for this story and the motivation to keep writing :D. Thank you to all our commentors as well. Silent readers, thank you as well for reading. And to the subscribers as well :D You guys make this worth doing. And thank you to the people who've recommended this story as well.

Also check out Fiction; 's story Risks