Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-017-

My head was pounding like I had been hit with something. I opened my eyes and saw the shadow man standing in front of me; a smirk evident on his distorted face. It was the first time he had actually showed himself as the figure of a man since the hotel.

“What the hell do you want?” I spat at him.

His smirked grew, “Your soul. To consume you and cause Zak pain.”

His voice was full of evil and malice. My heart leaped into my throat and I swallowed. I knew I had to be strong. I remembered that he had jumped into my body while we were doing the EVP session. I stood up, I could feel him staring at me, even though he didn’t have eyes that I could see; they were still there in some way.

“You can’t have my soul and I’ll be Goddamned if you think you’re going to hurt Zak,” I stated clearly my voice more stable, frightening even.

He cocked his head, “Oh really? And what are you going to do to stop me? I’m in your body already.”

He was right. How was I going to get out of this? Just then I heard Hailey’s voice along with her dad’s.

“Katie! It’s Mr. Raines. Can you hear me? If you can, follow my voice!”

I bolted for his voice.

“NOOOOOO!” I heard the shadow yell.

I could tell he was following me. I ran faster than I ever have in my life. Soon I could see light in the darkness and I slowed a bit. What if this was it? What if I was going to die? Tears pricked my eyes. I’d never see my dad or Hailey or… I shook my head. I took a deep breath.

“Zak, I’m sorry. I love you,” I whispered before I took off running towards the light.


Zak

Everything was cleared for us to go home. Even it wasn’t, I wasn’t about to let anything stop me from going back. Especially when my fiancé and one of my best friend’s pregnant girlfriend could be in danger. I closed my eyes. Memories of Katie and I filled my mind. Tears pricked my eyes.

“Hey, don’t worry. Hailey’s dad will get there in time. Everything will be okay,” Aaron squeezed my shoulder reassuringly.

I opened my eyes and blinked back the tears, “Thanks bro.”

He shook his head, “No problem. You guys know I’ve had my share of scares with Sharron.”

I nodded, “How do you do it?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know. I love her and if anything happened to her, I don’t know what I’d do. But I don’t know, we just do. I guess you learn after time, but it never gets easier.”

Aaron’s words helped a little, but I was still worried sick. Nick came back, his face still distorted with emotion.

“I found us a straight flight back to Vegas. It’s a small plane, but at least it’s something,” he muttered running a hand through his hair.

We all stood up and gathered out bags and followed Nick to the plane. Nick was right, it was very small, but I didn’t care as long as it got me to Katie, I was fine with it. I pulled out my cell phone, tears pricking my eyes again as I saw my wallpaper. It was a pictured of Katie asleep in our bed. She looked so beautiful when she slept. I unlocked my phone and dialed her number, praying to whoever that’d she’d answer.

‘Hey it’s Katie! I can’t come to the phone right now cause I’m with Zak. And um.. we’re doing stuffs. Sorry if this is you dad.. Love you! Leave a message!’

I hung up as a tear fell from my eye. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Bruce called he’s with Hailey and Katie..” Nick trailed off.

“And?” I asked fear evident in my voice.

Nick shook his head and looked at me with sad eyes, “Apparently whatever was there has taken over Katie’s body. She’s unconscious and they’re trying to bring her back. Bruce knows what he’s doing though so I’m sure she’ll be fine,” his voice faltered at the end.

I squeezed my eyes shut. My hands curled into fists and I fell to my knees. I punched the floor of the plane repeatedly.

“Zak! Zak! Stop!” Aaron yelled.

I ignored him and continued to punch it. I felt four pairs of hands grab my arms pulling against me. I gave up resisting and let them put me in my seat. Tears streamed down my face, fear gripped me and wouldn’t let go.

“Zak, it’s okay. She’s going to be fine. She’s strong. I promise,” Nick said giving me a hug.

I just hugged him back, but didn’t say anything. Aaron apologized to the few passengers who were on the plane and gathered my luggage for me.

“Th-thanks A-aaron,” I managed to choke out.

He nodded and set them with the rest of their bags. I buckled myself in and wiped my face. I had never broken down in public like that, but I couldn’t help it. The thought of Katie being possessed was the final push I needed. Soon the plane was taking off and we were on our way back to Vegas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah I'm loving this! Is Katie going to be okay? Or was this it? Will Zak and the guys make it back in time? We shall soon find out. Please leave us some comments, it'd mean a lot to the both of us xD thank you!!!