Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-029-

I pulled up beside the curb behind Nick's Challenger and killed the engine. Katie was already climbing out to meet up with Hailey. I opened the door and stepped out, shutting the door behind me, and locking the car. I noticed Nick's expression as Katie gave Hailey her gift earlier so I thought I'd make it up to him.

"Zak you coming?" Nick called.

I nodded, "Yeah, bro. I'll be in, in a minute. I gotta do something real quick."

He studied me for a minute before shrugging and walking off into Giorgio. It was my favorite Italian restaurant on the strip. Once he was inside, I walked down the strip towards the shopping area. As much as I hated to shop, I hated leaving my best friend out on a gift more. Finding a place that caught my eye, I walked in.

It was a nice little shop filled with various things from clothes to pieces of furniture.

"May I help you?" a sales lady asked.

I looked up to see her nearly drooling all over herself. I had to stifle a laugh, if Katie had been here she'd be glaring daggers at her.

"I'm looking for something for a gift for my best friend a gift. He just found out he's going to be a father of twins," I explained.

She smiled widely, "Well we have a wonderful selection of baby gifts and funiture. Right this way, sir."

I followed the lady to somewhere in the back of the stop.

"Here you are, sir. Was there anything in particular you were looking for?" she asked, being overly helpful.

I shook my head, "No ma'am. Thank you."

She looked greedily over my body, "Can I help you with anything else?"

I shuddered, "No I got it thank you."

She frowned and turned on her heel and stormed off towards the front. I chuckled. Women. As I looked over the gifts, I didn't really see anything that stuck out. So I continued down the aisle, looking over all the gifts when something caught my eye.

"Oh this is awesome," I muttered aloud to myself.

I picked it up and looked over it. It was a statue of a little gargoyle. As I looked over it, I saw a little engraving in the bottom of it.

'The gargoyle is said to warn off evil spirits.'

I knew it was exactly what I wanted to give him. I grabbed another just like it for myself too. Whatever higher power is out there knows that I needed this just as much as he did. I took it up to the register and paid for the both of them. I got Nick's gift wrapped and headed out of the store. Before I went to the restaurant, I placed my gargoyle in the car, locked it back up, and headed into the restaurant.

Image

"Hey baby, where'd you go?" Katie asked as I sat down at the table.

I kissed her cheek before leaning over and placing the gift in front of Nick.

"I felt bad for not getting you one earlier so I got you this."

Nick's face lit up as he tore into the wraping.

"Zak it's awesome, bro! Thanks!" Nick exclaimed standing up to give me a man-hug.

I stood up as well and hugged him back briefly before we pulled apart and sat back down.

"Read the little engravement," I urged.

Nick picked the gargoyle back up and read it aloud.

"The gargoyle is said to warn off evil spirits." he read.

"Zak that's so thoughtful of you! I really hope you got one for yourself," Hailey gushed.

I nodded, "Yeah I did. It's in the car, but I really thought Nick would like it."

He grinned, "I do dude. It's great. Thanks again."

The waiter appeared and asked us if we were ready to order.

"We need -" I cut Katie off.

"I'll have whatever she's having."

The waiter nodded and took everyone else's order. I took a sip of my beer and leaned back into my chair. Once the waiter had everyone's orders he left to take them to the back.

"So we were discussing the grill out while you were gone and we were thinking about doing it tomorrow. If that's okay with you?" Katie asked before taking a sip of her wine.

I nodded, "Of course. We can swing by the grocery store tomorrow and pick up some hamburgers, hotdogs, maybe some fish or something."

She grinned, "Yay! I'll make potatoe salad, baked beans, and cheesecake for desert."

"I'll bring some corn on the cob and a apple pie as well," Hailey grinned.

"I'll bring the beer," Nick laughed.

I held up my beer to him, "Sounds good, bro."

"We have to invite Aaron and Sharron too. I know Sharron will want to bring something as well," Katie said knowingly.

I chuckled, "She'll have too if Aaron's coming. He loves cook outs."

She smacked my arm playfully, "Zak!"

Nick laughed, "It's true!"

We all laughed together.

"You guys are so mean to poor Aaron," Hailey teased.

I shrugged, "He knows we love him though."

The waiter interrupted our conversation by bringing out our food. He placed a plate of chicken Fetticini in front of me. The aroma filled my nose making realize how hungry I was. I picked up my fork and dove in. It was delicious as always. I took a few more bites before putting my fork down and grabbing my napkin to wipe my face.

"So what do you guys hope you're having?" Katie asked before taking another sip of her wine.

Hailey grinned, "A boy and a girl."

Nick nodded as he chewed his food, "One of each," he said after he swallowed.

"So a little Hailey and a little Nick. That should be fun," I grinned.

"Yeah and before you know it, we may have a little Katie or a little Zak running around," Nick teased.

I shrugged, "Who knows."

Katie smiled at me as she grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed it gently.

Image

Nick and I argued over who was going to pay.

"Dude it's my treat, I got this," he argued, snatching the bill out of my hands.

I snatched it back, "Well at least let me pay half."

He snatched it back and gave me a stern look, "I got this."

I raised my hands in defeat, "Fine."

He placed his credit card in it's designated spot and closed the little booklet thing. The waiter came by and picked it up and walked off. I finished off my beer and sat the empty bottle back on the table. Finally the waiter came back and placed the thing back on the table. Nick retrieved his credit card and placed it back in his wallet before signing the ticket and placing the pen inside the leather booklet thing. We all stood up and headed out the door.

"Thank you guys so much for the dinner. It was great to just hang out like normal people," Katie beamed.

Hailey nodded her agreement, "Hell yeah it was. What time is it?"

I pulled out my phone, "It's only 9:30."

"Shit it's still early let's go to a club or something. If you're feeling up to it," Katie suggested.

Hailey looked at Nick, "Let's do it!"

Nick and I looked at each other, "Well a club it is then," I said as I started for the car.

This should be exciting and fun to watch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two gifs :D and a long update. Hope you guys enjoy it <3
Comments would make us happy :)