Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-031-

I carried Katie out of the club because she couldn't walk.

"Zaaaaaaaak!" she giggled, "Put me d-down!"

I chuckled at her drunkeness, "No babe. You're drunk you can't walk."

I heard Hailey and Nick laughing behind me. I shifted her in my arms so I could pull my keys out of my pocket, I unlocked the door, and stuck the keys back in my back pocket.

"Can one of you get the door please?" I asked them.

Nick opened it and held it open as I got Katie situated in the car and had her seat belt placed around her.

"Thanks bro," I smiled as Nick.

Hailey was staring at Katie, "You got drunk without me!" a bit of sadness in her voice.

Katie's eyes got big and her mouth dropped open, "Oh m-my gooooooosssshhh! I'm sooooooooooo sorry Hailey!"

Hailey waved her hand, dismissing the apology, "It's okay. I'll get you back whenever you get pregnant."

I shut the door on Katie's side before she could say anything else. I hugged both Hailey and Nick.

"Thanks again guys, it was great. Well until she decided to get drunk," I said scratching the back of my neck.

Nick nodded understandingly. Hailey looked a little upset.

"Hales, I'm sorry she got drunk without you. You know she's going to feel extremely bad when she wakes up in the morning. I'm sure she'll apologize until you can't stand to hear it anymore," I laughed.

A smile crept on Hailey's lips, "That's true. It's these damn hormones I guess. Anyways see you guys tomorrow. What time should we be there?"

I mulled it over in my head, "Make it 11:30 tomorrow morning. If that's okay with you guys?"

They both nodded before Nick answered, "Sounds fine. See you then."

Just then Katie started beating on the window.

"Stop!" I called to her, turning slightly to look at her.

She froze, her fist mid-air about to strike the glass, with her eyes wide and her mouth open in a slight 'O'. She looked like a child. I chuckled at her facial expression before turning back to Nick and Hailey.

"Well I need to go before she breaks my car," I laughed.

"See you later bro," Nick called.

"Be careful. See you tomorrow," Hailey called as well.

I nodded as I waved to them and tried to get in the car. It was locked. I sighed and pulled my keys out of my pocket and hit the unlock button before quickly opening the door. Katie was laughing like crazy when I got in the car. I looked at her for a moment before shaking my head and shutting the door. I started the engine and pulled off towards our house.

"Whoa! Slow down! Everything is flying!" Katie cried out.

I chuckled, "Babe, I"m only doing thirty-five. You're drunk."

She crossed her arms and fake gasped at me, "I most certainably are not!"

I threw my head back a little as I laughed, "Certainably? I think you are, ma'am."

She shoved my arm, barely moving it, and huffed.

I smirked and looked over at her, "Were you expecting me to go flying out the door?"

She pouted, "I expected you to at least move a little. You big, muscley, man person."

I feigned shock, "You don't like my muscles?"

She crossed her arms again and poked out her lips, "Maybe."

I chuckled at her expression as we pulled into the drive way. I killed the engine and got out of the car, reaching behind my seat to grab the gargoyle before shutting the door. Katie was still sitting in her seat, arms crossed, and her lips poked out. I walked around and opened her door.

"You not coming inside with the 'big, muscley, man person'?" I asked with a smile.

She loked up at me and fumbled around with her seat belt for a minute before finally getting it unbuckled and placed her feet on the ground. She pulled herself out of the car, wobbled a bit then caught herself and started for the door. I shut the car door and locked it up before jogging to catch up with her.

Image

I opened the door for her and she stumbled inside. I caught her before she fell face first into the floor. Once she was steady, I shut the door and locked it before walking over to the mantel and placing the gargoyle on it. I turnd to see Katie heading for the stairs. I walked up behind her as she attempted to climb the first step. I swooped her up in my arms and carried her upstairs.

"Okay big, muscley, man person. I could've made it," she pouted," Eventually."

I chuckled, "It's okay. I don't mind carrying you."

She smiled, "Are you flirting with me?"

I grinned, "Maybe.'

She blushed, "How'd I get to be so lucky?"

I placed her down on the bed and smirked at her, "Cause you had me from 'Will you sign this documentary, please?' "

She giggled, "You remembered!"

I shook my head with a laugh, "Of course I remember."

She kicked her shoes off and stood up, steadied herself, and walked over the our closet. She opened the door and walked in. I shook my head again and pulled off my shirt, tossing it on the floor. Something hit me in the back and I turned around. She was standing in her bra and panties and her dress was laying at my feet. I picked it up and walked over to the closet.

"Lose something?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe.

She looked at me, her eyes glossy, "Oh. Yeah. I don't want to wear that any more."

I nodded, "Ah okay. What are you going to wear then?"

She shrugged as she dug through a draw. She pulled out a pair of pajama pants and pulled them on. She unclipped her bra and tossed it at me, hitting me in the face. I caught it before it hit the ground and scanned her body.

"See something you like, big, muscley, man person?" she giggled.

I smirked, "A few things."

She blushed again and pulled out a tank top and pulled it over her head. She placed her hand on my chest to steady herself again. She patted her hand all over my chest and stomach.

"These are nice," she complimented, running her hand over my abs.

I smiled, "Glad you think so."

She smiled goofily at me, "Me too."

I laughed again and moved out of the way so she could walk out of the closet. I placed her dress on the chest of drawers when she was out and walked out myself. She was already in bed, under the covers when I came out. Slipping out of my pants, I climbed in next to her. She snuggled up to me and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you," she whispered.

I kissed her hair, "I love you too."

She rested her head against my chest and soon she was snoring slightly. I closed my eyes and tightened my arms around her before drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

Image

Sunlight filtered through the window, hitting me directly in the eyes, causing me to roll over and bury my face in the pillow. I felt around the other side of the bed looking for Katie. I came up empty handed. I sat up and looked over at her side of the bed. She wasn't there. Yawning, I pushed the covers back and placed my feet on the floor before standing up. Stretching and popping my back, I headed downstairs to see where she was.

"Who's a good girl?" Katie cooed to Gracie.

Gracie barked in response as I came into view of them to see Katie giving her a treat.

"Mornin' beautiful," I said, my voice hoarse.

She looked up and smiled at me, "Morning handsome."

I feigned surprise, "You called me something other than 'big, muscley, man person'!"

She rolled her eyes, but smiled to show she was joking, "Sorry about that. I was drunk."

I grinned, "I know."

"So we need to head to the grocery store before everyone gets here and you need to call Aaron," she said as she walked to the refridgerator.

I sighed, "Okay. I'll call Aaron now then we can head to the store."

She nodded as she took a sip of her water.

"Are you wearing that to the grocery store?" I asked as I scanned her outfit.

She donned some short, shorts, a bikini top, her hair was in a messy bun, and her sunglasses were perched on top of her head.

"I'll put a tank top over it," she smiled.

I nodded and headed upstairs. Grabbing my phone from it's charger, I called Aaron.

"S'up bro?" he answered.

"Not much, dude. We're having a cook out today for Nick and Hailey as a congatulations thing for the babies and we wanted to invite you and Sharron," I explained as I opened a drawer in my chest of drawers.

"Okay sweet. What time?" he asked.

I pulled out some swim trunks and slipped the one before answering, "11:30."

I heard him talking to Sharron in the background, "Okay bro. We'll be there."

I smiled, "Okay, bro. See you then."

We hung up and I placed my phone in the pocket of my swim trunks. I grabbed a pair of sunglasses and placed them on my head before looking for a shirt. I found one and pulled it over my head before slipping into my flipflops and stepped out of the closet. Grabbing my pants from last night, I pulled my wallet out and slipped it into another pocket on my trunks and grabbed my keys out of my back pocket as well.

"Ready?" I asked Katie as I took the last two steps.

She nodded, "We're talking my car since it has a bigger trunk."

I pouted, "But I love the Camero."

She smirked, "Well we can take it if I can drive."

I mulled it over in my head, sighing I handed her the keys. She squealed with delight and kissed my lips. I was a little anxious as we headed out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Zak

Katie

Hope you guys enjoy the update.