Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-035-

Aaron and Sharron arrived about twenty minutes after I had called Aaron.

"Zak!" I heard Aaron call.

"Up here, bro!" I called back.

Katie was in my arms, tears streamed down my face, I pulled her to me and tried to cover her up with the blanket as best as I could.

"What the fuck happened?" Aaron asked, shock in his voice.

"That damn spirit came back," I said between sobs.

Sharron appeared behind him, "Oh my God. Is she alright?"

I shrugged and shook her gently, "Katie, please wake up."

My voice was getting hoarse from all the yelling. For the first time in my life I didn't know what to do. All the years I've hunted ghosts, demons, spirits, etc. and I had never experienced anything like this in my life.

"I'll get her some clothes," Sharron said walking past Aaron and I into my bedroom.

Aaron squatted down on the other side of Katie, "What happened?"

I sniffed and cleared my throat, "Katie said she was going to take a shower. I was outside cleaning the grill. I had just finished and came inside to go join her. She ran into me at the bottom of the stairs. She threw her arms around me and started crying. Of course I panicked and asked her what was wrong. She finally got it out that the spirit that possessed her at Hailey and Nick's had pulled her hair and said that she'd never be happy. She was so scared. I placed her on the couch and told her I'd grab her some clothes. When I got up here I just lost it and started yelling at the damn thing. That's when she ran up here wrapped in the blanket and it attacked her."

Tears spilled over the rim of my eyes again. Sharron returned with some clothes for Katie.

"Thanks Sharron," I choked out.

She nodded, "No problem."

They excused themselves so I could dress Katie. I unwrapped the blanket and grabbed her shirt and began to pull it over her head. I noticed scratches on her chest. My blood boiled. I pulled her shirt down and pulled her underwear on before pulling on her shorts. I heard the front door open and Nick asking Aaron or Sharron where I was before racing up the stairs.

"Oh my God," he whispered.

I looked up at him, "Nick I can't get her to wake up. I don't know what to do."

He rushed over to us and fell to his knees. He patted my shoulder.

"Don't worry, bro. The priest is on his way. I'll go get a wash cloth so we can wipe down her face," he said before getting up and walking into our room.

I heard menacing laughter. Shit.

"Nick be careful, I just head the damned thing laugh," I fore warned him.

He returned and handed me the cloth. As I reached for it, Nick flew against the wall.

"Agh!" he cried out in pain.

"Nick! Are you okay?" I asked, fear evident in my voice.

He nodded, "Yeah I think it just punched me."

Aaron appeared at the top of the stairs and rushed over to help Nick up. I could see Hailey standing behind Aaron, a look of pure horror on her face. Sharron appeared beside her and took her back downstairs. Aaron helped Nick up into a sitting position.

Image

The priest soon arrived and began blessing the house. He started in our room first.

"In the Name of Jesus Christ, our God and Lord, strengthened by the intercession of the Immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God, of Blessed Michael the Archangel, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul and all the Saints and powerful in the holy authority of our ministry. We confidently undertake to repulse the attacks and deceits of the devil," he said, throwing holy water around the room.

He walked into the bathroom and repeated the process. Once he was finished in there, he walked out.

"Do you want the dungeon blessed too Zak?" he asked.

I just nodded as I wiped Katie's face with the wet cloth Nick had gave me.

"I'm going to take some advil and get an ice pack," Nick announced.

Aaron helped him up and they headed downstairs. I continued to wipe Katie's face.

"Come on baby, please wake up," I begged tears falling from my eyes.

I leaned down to kiss her forehead before resting mine gently against her's. I let the cloth slid from my hand as I slid it underneath Katie and pulled her against me. I began to rock back and forth as more tears fell from my eyes. I hugged her tightly, silently praying to myself.

"Please wake up. I love you so much. I can't lose you," I mumbled into her shoulder.

"I'm n-not going a-any where. I-I promise," she whispered.

I pulled back to look at her, "You're awake!"

She smiled half-way and stroked my cheek, "Why are you crying?"

I let out a hysterical laugh and pulled her back to me, hugging her tightly. She hugged me back.

"My back, neck, and head hurts," she said pulling back from the hug.

I loosened my grip, "Let's get you some painkillers and an ice pack."

I gently picked her up and carried her downstairs. The priest was about to leave when we reached the bottom step.

"Nick you should get your placed blessed too. Aaron you as well," I said as I placed Katie on the couch.

"I'll get mine blessed tomorrow. So is it cool if Hailey and I stay here tonight?" Nick asked.

I nodded, "Of course."

I walked over to the kitchen cabinets and grabbed a glass and the painkillers before walking over to the sink and getting Katie some water. I took her the glass and the pills. Placing them in her hand and handing her the glass, I walked back into the kitchen and grabbed an ice pack from the freezer.

"You guys going to be okay?" Aaron asked.

Nick and I both nodded.

"Yeah bro. You can go home if you want, I know you're tired," I said taking Katie her ice pack.

He nodded and said his goodbyes as he walked out the door. Just as he was about to shut the door Hailey walked in.

"What the fuck happened here!" she demanded.

I sighed, "Katie was attacked by the spirit again. It also attacked Nick. Katie's awake now and they both should be fine."

I hope. Hailey walked over to Nick and checked out his head.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine babe. We're going to stay here tonight and get the house blessed tomorrow," Nick explained.

I sat down next to Katie and placed the ice pack on her neck.

"How you feeling?" I whispered.

She shrugged, but winced from the pain, "Like I got my ass beat."

I frowned, "I am so sorry Katie."

She waved her hand, "Stop it. I don't blame you."

I sighed not wanting to argue with her. Soon I picked her up and carried her up to our room. I placed her in bed and told her I'd be right back.

"Please hurry," she begged.

I nodded and jogged down the stairs.

"Alright bro. We're going to bed. The guest bedroom is all yours. Goodnight," I said giving Nick a hug and then Hailey.

"I'm sorry about all this as well," I apologized.

Nick waved his hand like Katie had earlier, "Don't apologize. I hunt ghosts too man."

Hailey looked like she was about to cry, but she didn't say anything. I jogged back up the stairs and walked into our room. I shut the door behind us and pulled my shirt off before tossing it on the floor and slipped out of my trunks before sliding in next to Katie. She scooted closer to me and wrapped her arm around my waist. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer.

"I love you," she yawned.

I kissed her forehead, "I love you too."

She drifted off to sleep while I lay there watching her. Soon my eyes grew heavy and I fell asleep as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy it :D

Image

^ This guy, makes me smile.