Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-037-

I groaned again as I threw the covers back and placed my feet on the floor. Standing up I stretched and popped my back before heading over to the door. I opened it up to reveal Nick and Hailey standing behind it. Fear, anger, and panick were evident in their faces.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I asked.

Nick ran a hand through his short hair, "The damn spirit is haunting Hailey in her dreams."

He proceeded to show me the scratch marks on her chest. My hand clentched into a fist. If this thing wanted a fight, it was going to get a fucking fight.

"Call the priest and see if he can join us for a hunt then call Aaron and tell him that we've got an emergency hunt to do here. Call Billy as well, we need all the help we can get. Hailey, I need you to call your dad and see if you and Katie can stay with him while we do this. I know you don't want to be away from Nick, but I need him. I promise you that I won't let anything, and I mean anything happen to him," I assured her.

Tears pricked her eyes, but she nodded, "Okay Zak. Watch yourself too. Katie would lose it if she lost you."

I nodded back, "And I her. Alright I'm going to wake her up and see if she's able to get herself ready."

Hailey nodded again, Nick was already on his phone calling everyone. I shut the door and walked over to the bed.

"Baby -" Katie cut me off.

"You're going to get rid of this thing yourself?" she whispered.

I sat down beside her, stroking her hair, "Baby I have got to get rid of this thing. It's already scratched Hailey too. Nick and I can't risk losing you. I would die a thousand deaths if it meant I'd save your life."

Tears pricked her eyes and she threw her arms around my neck, pulling me closer to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and gently pulled her into my lap. I planted kissed along her neck and shoulder before pulling back a little and kissing her passionately.

She broke the kiss and stared at me, tears in her eyes, "Please come back to me alive."

I shushed her, "Don't think like that baby. Just think about our wedding day, our honeymoon, and the day we become parents. Don't think about anything negative. Promise me you won't."

She wiped her eyes, "I promise."

I smiled, "That's my girl. Now pack you an overnight back. You and Hailey are going to stay with her dad until we get back."

She kissed me again before getting up, shaky and first, then regaining her balance and making her way over to the closet. I stood up again and made my way over to the closet as well. I slipped off my trunks and found a pair of jeans and pulled them on. I grabbed a shirt and pulled it over my head. Katie slipped her shirt over her head and pulled on the bra she had picked out. She picked the shirt up and pulled it back over her head.

"Don't you want a fresh shirt babe?" I asked as I pulled on my socks.

She shook her head, "No this one smells like you."

She took one of my hoodies as well and pulled it on. I didn't argue because I knew it was her coping mechanism. I slipped my shoes on, grabbed a hat, and walked out of the closet. Soon Katie had her bag packed and she walked out, grabbed her phone, and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"We're ready Zak," Nick said through the door.

"Okay," I answered as I bent down in front of Katie.

I took her hand in mine and kissed the tears off her face, "I promise everything will be fine."

She nodded and I helped her up, I tossed her bag over my shoulder before picking her up gently and carrying her out of the room.

Image

Katie

I nuzzled my face into Zak's neck as I wrapped my arms around him. I didn't know why he was carrying me, but I didn't object because I wanted to be close to him.

"Is she still not fully conscious?" Hailey asked, concern evident in her voice.

"She's fully conscious. I just chose to carry her," Zak explained.

I felt something touch my bad and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"It's just me Katie," Hailey soothed.

I sighed a sigh of relief, "Oh thank God."

I moved my head so I was resting it against Zak's shoulder, but I could still seeing everything. Hailey came into view.

"Are you okay?" I asked, my voice sounding hoarse.

She nodded, "Yeah. I got scratched, but I'm fine."

Tears pricked my eyes again, "I'm so sorry Hailey."

She shushed me, "It's not your fault. It's okay, don't cry."

"Alright, let's head out," Zak announced.

I heard him grab his keys off the counter and we started to move. I tried to blink back tears, but failed miserably. I couldn't help the over-abundance of tears. My best friend had been injured now my fiancee and my best friend's fiancee were about to go after the very thing that hurt us in the first place. A sob escaped my lips and I buried my face in Zak's neck again.

"Baby, we're at the car, I'm going to put you in," Zak's voice was smooth and calming.

I nodded against his shoulder and loosened my grip. He picked me up again and placed me inside the Camero, I grabbed my seat belt and placed it around me. Zak shut the door and walked around to the driver's side.

"I love you Zak. More than anything," I said, my voice unbelievably small.

He stroked my cheek, "And I love you. With everything that I am."

I smiled weakly at him and he started the car. He waited as Nick pulled out before he followed suit. Once on the road and behind Nick, he grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it before placing it on his thigh and rubbing the back of it slowly with his thumb. I looked out the window as tears fell from my eyes, I wasn't supposed to think negative thoughts, but the thought of losing Zak kept running through my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are they going to get rid of the damned thing finally? Bum, bum, bum