Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-039-

Zak stood at the altar dressed in a magnificent black tuxedo. His hair was in his famous faux-hawk and he looked absolutely gorgeous. He turned to face me as I walked toward him, a huge smile on his face. Hailey was lovely in her black, halter dress with her round bell standing out beneath the material. I grinned at her as tears pricked my eyes, she looked so beautiful. Sharron was next to her, looking just as beautiful in her dress. Nick and Aaron stood beside Zak, both looking very handsome in their tuxedos. I looked up beside me. My dad's eyes met mine, tears threatening to fall from both our eyes.

"You look stunning, baby girl," my dad choked out.

"I love you daddy," I said, smiling up at him.

He smiled back, "I love you too."

I turned my attention to Zak, he was still smiling at me. I smiled back and finally we reached the altar. Zak held out his hand and my dad placed my hand in Zak's before going to sit down. Zak took my hand and helped me up the last to steps of the altar.

"You're more beautiful than I imagined," he whispered.

I blushed, "You clean up very well Mr. Bagans."


"Katie, Katie wake up!"

"I do," I mumbled, rolling over.

I heard Zak chuckle, "Dreaming about our wedding, I see."

My eyes flew open and I sat straight up, "Zak?!"

He smiled, held up his arms so his hands were pointing outwards, "The one and only."

I threw my arms around his neck as tears fell from my eyes, "You're back!"

He placed his arms around my waist and pulled me to him, "I told you I would be."

I pulled back to examine his face, "It's really you. What happened to your face?" I asked, seeing a cut on his cheek.

He shook his head, "Nothing that won't heal. Yes it's really me. Are you ready to go home?"

I kissed him passionately before planting kisses all over his face causing him to chuckle.

"I'll take that as a yes."

I noticed Hailey and Nick locked in a sweet embrace along with Aaron and Sharron sharing a quick kiss.

"Okay guys, we're about to head out," Aaron announced.

We all waved and said our goodbyes to him and Sharron. Nick and Zak called out one last 'Thank you' to Aaron.

Mr. Raines came walking out of the kitchen, "Glad you guys got everything handled. Take care of my girl, Nick."

I grinned, "You guys got rid of it?"

Zak nodded, "I'll tell you about it on the way home."

"I will Mr. Raines, I promise," Nick assured him.

Hailey gave him a big hug before going off to find her mom. I scrambled off the couch, tossing my bag over my shoulder, and walking over to Mr. Raines.

"Thank you for letting me stay here," I said as I hugged him.

He chuckled, "Not a problem. You're just like a daughter to me, Katie. Not to mention Dennis is my best friend, I'd do anything for him, even it it means he doesn't know it."

I blushed before pulling away from him, "Yeah I tend to keep things like this away from my dad. You know how he is."

He nodded understandlingly, "Yeah, he's not too fond of what Zak does for a living, that much he's told me. I just tell him at least he has a job and let it go."

I giggled, "Thanks."

He shook his head, "No problem."

Image

Hailey returned with her mom on her arm. I rushed over to say goodbye to her as Zak said his thank you's and goodbye's to Mr. Raines.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Raines," I said giving her a big hug.

She tsk'd me, "Please call me Alice, Katie. I've told you this before."

I giggled, "Sorry Alice."

She smiled at me as we pulled away, "Now you take care of my Hailey as well. You girls are practically family."

I nodded, "Yes ma'am. We pretty much have each other's backs all the time."

She smiled and patted my arm before walking off to said goodbye to Nick. I looked up at Hailey and smiled.

"I'm so glad they finally got rid of that thing."

Hailey nodded furiously, "Me too."

I felt arms wrap around my waist, "Ready to go?"

I giggled and nodded, "Bye Hales. Love you!" I called as Zak pulled me out the door.

He was very fiesty today, but I loved it.

"So what exactly happened?" I asked, opening the door to the Camero.

As I stepped in and closed the door, Zak did the same and started the engine.

"We called an expert on the case. We had to have a thorough cleansing with herbs and holy water of ourselves; Nick and I then of the houses. First he did our house and then he did Nick's. He said to keep a blend of the herbs he used hanging in each room in our house and to replace them once a year. It would help to keep it or anything else from coming back," Zak explained.

I let out a hysterical laugh mainly because I was in disbelief, "So we're actually rid of the ghosts and we can have a normal life?"

Zak nodded and reached over to grab my hand, "We can finally move forward and plan our wedding and Hailey's baby shower, well that's more or less a you and her thing, but you know what I mean. We're done with it, for good. We're moving forward. We're starting a new life."

Tears pricked my eyes, I couldn't believe it. Done. Period that was it. It was over. I took a deep breath in through my nose and exhaled through my mouth. That explained Zak's fiesty mood. He was happy. All of his worry gone. I couldn't wait to get home and see if the house felt any different.

"I'm so glad it's over. Now we both don't have a thing to worry about except what's important, no side worries," I said my voice showing my excitement.

Zak kissed the back of my hand and smiled, but didn't say nothing the rest of the way home. I leaned back in my seat, content with the silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy
Love, please?

Katie