Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-040-

2 Months later; Hailey

I smiled warmly at the people staring at me. Today was the day that I found out the sex of my babies. I walked into the doctor office and signed in returning to my seat with Sharon, my mother, father, and Katie. I took a deep breath, “Guess they’re not going to be here in time.” I frown looking down at my phone seeing no new messages from Nick.

“Babe, I’m sure their just running late.” Katie assures me.

I nod my head hoping she’s right. I wanted Nick here more than anything. Finding out what our babies were, is the biggest thing so far in this pregnancy. Well of course, other than finding out that I was carrying twins. I hear the tiny alarm ding signaling the door was being pulled open up. The guys had been away on a lockdown in California, and didn’t know exactly when they’d be back.

Seeing a happy couple hand in hand walked in made me more upset than what I was. I frown as I see the door open and a nurse come out, “Hailey.” She says.

I get up and walk back with everyone following me. She smiles, “Not the whole gang this time, huh?” The nurse frowns.

“Apparently not.” I frown chewing on my lower lip.

She nods and points to the ultrasound room. I walked in handing Katie my bag as I took and walked over to the examine table. Climbing up on it I laid back and lifted my shirt up as the ultrasound tech put a towel on my pants so the gel wouldn’t get on it. She placed the gel on my stomach and grabbed her tool and began rubbing over my stomach. Smiling brightly I see my two babies on the screen. “Here they are.” She points to the screen for everyone.

I smile as she continues, “Do you want to know the sex of them?” She asks me.

“Yes please.” I smile at her.

She nods and begins working on trying to get the sex of them. I smile as she opens her mouth to say when a faint knock is heard on the door. The nurse peeps her head in and smiles, “Miss Raines. Someone is here for you.” She smiles steeping back.

Nick runs in and makes his way over to my head leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. “Sorry I am late.” He says out of breath.

“I’m glad you’re here.” I smile kissing him again when he leant down.

He grabbed my hand into his as I smiled when he pecked the top of it. Smiling I see Aaron and Zak join Katie and Sharon. We all turn our attention back to the screen, “Alrighty.” The tech smiles warmly. “Seems that you’re having twin—“ She stops and giggles.

“Don’t stop there, we want to know!” My mom shouts impatiently.

I laugh along with the tech as she smiles, “Twin boys. Congrats.” She says wiping the gel off after printing the pictures off.

I begin to push myself up as Nick helps me up smiling down at me. He leans down kissing my lips passionately as I smile brightly at him. “I can’t believe it’s boys.” He says in shock.

“Two mini Nick’s running around,” Zak laughs. “God help us.”

“Hey, they have parts of me in them too!” I snap playfully glaring at Zak who just laughs.

“Really help us.” Katie laughs.

I shake my head getting the pictures and going to talk to my doctor. I couldn’t believe I was being blessed with two boys to love unconditionally. I smiled brightly knowing things were finally back to the way they should be with everyone.

Image

Nick, Zak, Aaron, Katie, Sharon, and I all sat around a table on a patio at my favorite restaurant. My parents had gone off with Nick’s dad. I smile brightly as Nick keeps rubbing my stomach as I play with my phone, “Are you excited?” Sharon asks me.

I look up from my phone and sipping on my iced coffee as I put it down and smile brightly at her. “I couldn’t be happier.” I cooed swatting Nick’s hand away from my belly causing him to chuckle.

“We’re so happy for you two.” Sharon smiles.

“Thank you.” I smile at her.

“Yeah bro, you’re going to have two mini Nick’s running around,” Aaron laughs. “Think about if Zak had two boys, damn.” Aaron laughs causing Nick to laugh.

“Dude, they’d be sexy beast just like their daddy.” Zak says proudly.

Everyone begins laughing at him as I shake my head. I sit back and smile brightly as I enjoy some time with my friends and family.

Image

I smiled brightly as Nick and I sat cuddled on the sofa watching reruns of True Blood. I giggle as I feel the boys’ kicking as Nick raises an eyebrow, “They can do that?” He asks.

“That they can.” I smile brightly at him kissing his lips.

“That’s neat.” He says sitting up and scratching the back of his neck before stretching.

“Nick,” I say looking at him, “What happened that night?” I ask him.

“We’ve done been over it.” He says looking at me.

“I know but—“ I pause when a knock on the door erupts our conversation.

Nick gets up to avoid the conversation as I sigh. This wasn’t over. It was far from being over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ultrasound Picture
Hailey

So chapter 40, wow! I can't believe it. Give us some love please guys? Hope you enjoy the updates.