Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-045-

I leaned against the balcony railing taking a deep breath of the refreshing Arizona air. I felt arms around my waist and I smiled instantly. I turned to face Zak and frowned when I saw a dark spot on his chest, like his shirt was wet.

"Babe, what's wrong with your shirt?" I asked as I touched it.

He sighed and closed his eyes as I pulled my hand back, revealing blood. I gasped and immediately pulled up his shirt. Blood soaked bandages covered his chest. I covered my mouth as tears pricked my eyes. I dropped his shirt and pulled him into our room. I made him sit down on the bed before I walked into the bathroom and searched for a first aid kit. I didn't find one, but I found big band-aids, anticeptic wash, and antibiotic cream. I grabbed a roll of toilet paper to use to clean his wounds. Making my way back into the bedroom, I sat beside Zak and motioned for him to pull his shirt off.

Image

He did as he was told and placed it across his lap. I removed the bandages carefully so I wouldn't hurt him and placed them in a pile on the bed, hoping they wouldn't stain the blanket. I tore off some toilet paper and poured a little anticeptic on it and began to dab his wounds gently. Once they were all clean, I put some antibiotic cream on it and then covered it up with the big band-aids. I picked up everything and went back into the bathroom. I threw away the old bandages, the toilet paper that I cleaned his wound with, and the band-aid wrappers. Once everything was back in it's place, I walked out of the bathroom and out of the bedroom.

"Katie, wait!" Zak called.

I stopped and crossed my arms, tears falling from my eyes. Zak grabbed my arm and turned me to face him.

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

I snorted as more tears fell, "If this would have been the other way around, you'd have jumped down my throat."

He didn't say anything.

"Exactly."

With that I spun on my heel and walked down the stairs. I was more hurt and scared than anything, but I was mad as hell too. If I had gotten scratches like that and not told Zak, he'd have been livid. I walked out the back door and sat down on the edge of the pool, rolling up my pants legs so I could dip my feet in the water. I let out a gust of wind, not knowing I'd been holding my breath. I just hope that it's not another demon or whatever that damn thing was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short.
Love, please?