Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-047-

I hugged Hailey tightly as we both cried. Wiping my eyes, I took my feet out of the water and stood up. I held my hand out for Hailey, she took it and I helped her up. I gave her another hug.

"The twins will be fine. Nothing will harm them or you as long as I'm here, I won't let it," I promised her.

She sniffed and wiped her eyes, "I know, but they need a father Katie."

I sighed, "I know Hailey. We'll figure something out."

She nodded and gave me a weak smile. We headed inside and I immediately spotted all the beer bottles sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Zak," I growled.

Hailey went upstairs to find Nick as I cleaned up the kitchen. Once all the bottles were gone, I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"You could just leave you know."

"What?" I turned my head to see no one in the kitchen.

Shaking my head, I leaned back on the couch and let out a sigh.

"I said you could just leave. Do that and I won't hurt Zak or Nick."

I felt a cold breeze pass over my arm, "W-who said that?"

A white mist formed in front of me and I pressed myself against the couch.

"I did! Now listen to me you little cunt, if you want your precious fiancee to live, you'll leave him! And take that friend of yours with you, otherwise I'll hurt all four of you!" the spirit spat.

I gulped and started to call for help.

"No you don't! Now do as I say or you'll be the first to get hurt!"

With that the spirit disappeared. I panicked. Leave Zak? I couldn't, he'd be crushed. I'd be crushed. Hailey definitely couldn't leave Nick she was pregnant! I got off the couch and went to find her. I knocked lightly on their bedroom door. I could hear them fighting through the door before it opened up.

"Katie this isn't a good time, " she said, tears streaming down her face.

I sighed, "I know it isn't, but I've got to talk to you. It's important."

She walked out and shut the door behind her, crossing her arms and waiting for me to speak.

I ran my hand through my hair, "Look a ghost or a spirit or something just appeared to me downstairs and threatened me... Us really. It said that if you and I didn't leave that it'd hurt Nick and Zak. All of us really, but it was more or less going to hurt them."

All the color drained from her face, "L-leave them? Katie we can't."

Tears pricked my eyes, "I know! But what the hell else are we supposed to do? I don't want anything to happen to Nick or Zak or you!"

She pinched the bridge of her nose, "Okay so did it say how long we had to go?"

I shook my head causing tears to fall from my eyes. She sighed and threw her hands in the air.

"Guess I need to leave anyways. We've been fighting to damn much and it's too fucking stressful for me. Call and make our flight plans, pick where ever, I don't care. We leave today."

I nodded, "Okay."

She walked back into her and Nick's room leaving me alone in the hallway. I broke down. I was about to leave the love of my life. He was everything to me, which is exactly why I had to leave. If anything happened to him because of me, especially if I could have prevented it, I'd never forgive myself. I wiped my face and pulled my phone out of my pocket and made the necessary phone calls to get us a flight out of here. I decided we'd go to the last place Zak and Nick would ever look for us; Alaska. We needed to make a stop in Vegas though so we could pack warmer clothes and then we'd be off to Alaska. I ran my hand over my face. I'm so sorry Zak. I love you so much and I'm doing this for you.

After I made the phone calls, I took a deep breath and headed into Zak and I's bedroom. Here goes nothing.

Image

Zak

"You're leaving?"

Katie couldn't even looked at me as she said it. My mind couldn't process what she had said. Damn alcohol.

"Zak I'm sorry I have to. It's to benefit you," she whispered.

I just sat on hte foot of the bed staring at her.

"Benefit me? You think you fucking leaving me is going to benefit me in any way possible?!" I yelled.

Tears streamed down her face, "I'm so sorry."

She grabbed her suitcases and walked out the door. I jumped up and followed her, I could hear Nick yelling at Hailey, but I ignored it and followed Katie down the stairs.

"Tell me why! Why accept my proposal? Hell why even agree to go out with me if you were just going to break my fucking heart!" I yelled again.

Katie threw her suitcases down, "Do you fucking think I actually knew I'd be leaving you three years down the road?! Cause I sure as hell didn't!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, more or less to hold back my tears, "You said you were different."

She let out a sob, "I thought I was. Just believe me when I say it's for your own personal benefit. Please Zak!"

I walked towards her and tried to wrap my arms around her, but she shied away.

"Don't make this harder than it already is," she pleaded.

I ignored it and put my arms around her anyways. I pressed my lips to hers and kissed her with every ounce of passion in my body. She kissed me back and I could feel the passion burning behind her lips.

"Zak please," she whispered after breaking the kiss.

I let my arms drop to my sides as tears fell from my eyes. This was it, she was leaving. I was losing the only woman I had truely ever loved.

She wiped her eyes and picked up her suitcases again, opened the door and walked out. I heard Nick yelling and Hailey yelling back at him, but I didn't know what they were saying cause everything was a whirl. Hailey pushed passed me and paused to look at me.

"Please take care of him, Zak," she choked out before walking out the door.

I watched as Katie helped her put her suitcases in the trunk of the cab that was already waiting outside. Nick rushed out the door, trying again to make Hailey stop, but she's already in the cab and they're pulling away. I close my eyes, wishing for this to all just be a dream, but when I open them back up, Nick's walking back into the house and shutting the door. Tears are streaming down his face and I know my reflection mirrors his.

"Let's fucking drink," he mutters.

I nod and follow him into the kitchen and I swear I hear something laugh menacinly as Nick hands me a beer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no! Will Katie and Hailey come back?

Katie

Comments?