Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-048-

After Katie had helped me up from the pool’s edge. I hugged her once more and made my way back inside the house. I walked upstairs and straight for the bedroom Nick and I had snagged. I pushed the door open and stopped seeing Nick sitting on the edge of the bed with a beer in his hand. “Nick!” I scream out slamming the door shut.

He looks over at me and turns his head back to his bottle. I couldn’t understand him. He hadn’t been drinking lately. He said he was given it up while I was pregnant. I don’t know what happened. Frowning I manage to get over to the bed through the bottles laying around, “Nick what’s going on?” I ask going to touch him and he shoves my hand away.

“I know you’re thinking about leaving me—“ He stops and looks up. His eyes red from crying and glassy from the beer. “I thought you were different. I thought you were actually someone who loved me, and wouldn’t run away when the tough got going.” He snarls out glaring before turning his head back to the bottle in his hands.


“Hailey.” Katie softly says causing me to look over at her.

“Yeah.” I say weakly not wanting to think about what had happened.

“We’re here at your Nick’s place.” She says to me.

I nod my head as I get out of the cab. Katie tells me she’ll be back shortly as I nod my head. I walk into the house as I sigh heavily. It was so empty. All the pictures of Nick and I scattered around. I frown as I walk upstairs and into the bedroom. I begin packing my stuff and leaving as I hear Katie and the cab driver pulling back up. I watch as the two come and help me as I frown looking back at the house. I climb in the cab not looking back once the cab had taken off.

I looked at Nick in disbelief, “I am not running Nick.” I snap at him. “I said I was thinking. Thinking and doing are two totally different things.” I yell at him pushing the bottle out of his hands mad.

He glares at me as he gets up, “You’re the one that was saying to Katie that you couldn’t bring OUR twins into this.” He snaps at me.

“It’s the fucking truth!” I scream at him feeling the uneasy pains in my lower abdomen as I wince and grab my stomach.

A loud knock erupts from the door as I sigh glaring at Nick. I walk over pulling it open to see Katie. “Katie this really isn’t a good time.” I tell her.

“I know – But I need to talk to you.” She says worry and fear in her voice.

I nod my head stepping out and shutting the door behind me. She tells me about the spirit or whatever it is warning as I sigh heavily. I didn’t want to leave Nick but if it meant saving his life and my babies. I’d do anything. I nod and go back inside getting my stuff packed up and ignoring Nick’s pleas and screams. I storm out of the door and past Zak as I look at him, “Take care of him, Zak.” I whisper rushing down the steps to Katie.


“Hales.” Katie says as I look at the airport.

I turn and look at her as she frowns, “This is for the guys.” She says to me.

I nod my head pushing the door open and getting out. I frown as tears begin streaming down my face. I sniffle as I take and grab my luggage disappearing with Katie for good. No one but us knew where we were going. More tears streamed down my face as I cried harder. Nick’s face and pleas. It was killing me, but it was for the better of both the guys.