Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-050-

After settling into the new place that Katie and I had managed to snag and rent. I sat down on the bed looking around. Tears rolled down my face as I placed my hand on my bump. Whatever the thing was that was haunting the boys this time around, was winning. Did I want that? No. I wanted Nick to be right here with me, but yet he wasn’t.

“Hailey.” A soft voice says from the doorway.

I look up from my lap and see Katie in the doorway of my bedroom. I see tears running down her face, “You need to call your parents and tell them that you left Nick.” She sighs.

I just nod my head pushing myself up from the bed. Grabbing my cellphone I tap the screen seeing the picture of Nick lying in the pool with the skeleton. I giggle at the memory as more tears stream down my face. I sniffle as I sigh heavily pulling my parent’s phone number up and tapping it. I put it on speaker as I hear their voices answer. It was already midnight here, I knew it had to be around noon or morning in Vegas.

“Hailey.” My mother speaks up as she sniffs.

“What’s wrong momma?” I ask her.

“It’s your grandpa.” She says.

“Pops, what’s wrong with him?” I ask getting worried.

“He’s in the hospital Hailey, your father is there with him now.” She says.

“What happened mom?” I ask her.

“He had a heart attack baby, they didn’t catch in time and there may be a lot of damage.” She cries out as I feel my heart breaking. “Where are you I tried calling your—“ I stop her before I break down again.

“I left Nick mom.” I say sighing heavily.

“You what?!” She screams.

“Mom it’s a very long story that I don’t want to go into it. I’m done broken up real bad.” I sigh sitting in the window seal the best I could.

“Hailey please tell me?” She begs me.

“You better not tell Nick or anyone for the record.” I warn her as I hear her muffle a yes out. “Nick and I had been fighting and I was sitting out by the pool with Katie. By the way we were in Arizona on vacation.” I tell her as I take a deep breath and pinch the bridge of my nose as tears begin falling.

“I told Katie that I couldn’t bring the twins into the world with their father being attacked by a demonic spirit. Or whatever the thing is attacking Nick and Zak. I told Katie I was thinking about leaving, but I didn’t mean it at the time. Nick overheard me.”

“I had left the pool and headed upstairs. Beer bottles were every where’s. Nick had sworn off beer. He said that he didn’t want to drink until after the babies were born, for me. But he had lied. We ended up in a huge fight. Katie had come to the door and I went out to talk to her.” I stop taking a breath and realizing this was the hardest part of this story.

“She told me a figure appeared in front of her. Warning her to leave Zak as I to leave Nick. Or one of us would be hurt or all four us, including the twins. I couldn’t risk the three people I love the most be harmed. So, Katie and I packed up and left.” I sigh heavily hearing my mom’s silent sobs for me.

“God Hailey, I had no idea.” She whispers to me.

“Just don’t tell Nick or dad you’ve talked to me. Just tell dad I had stopped by or wrote you a note that I had left for a while.” I sigh.

“I will baby.” She says to me.

“Mom I didn’t want to leave him, I don’t even know if I can return to my husband to be.” I cry harder as I feel a sharp sudden pain in my stomach. “Oh god!” I scream out as I drop my phone and to my knees.

I notice Katie running into the room as she manages to help me up, “What’s wrong Hailey?” She asks me.

“Something’s wrong with the babies.” I whisper to her as I scream louder at the pains.

She manages to get me to the bed calling for help. I lay back on the bed as I feel the pains getting worse. I close my eyes as subconscious takes over my mind…

Image

Nick

The sun was peeping through the orange curtains as I cringed my eyes and groaned. Rolling over I went to pat Hailey when I realized that she wasn’t there. The whole nightmare I had was true. I sigh heavily sitting up in the bed my head throbbing against my skull as I put my palm up to my eyes groaning louder. I notice my phone blinking as I lean over grabbing it from the nightstand.

Tapping the screen I unlock it and see I had a few missed texts. One from Bruce. What the hell is going on between Hailey and you?

I sigh heavily and reply back.

Your guess is good as mine. She just up and left and said it was for the best.

I see one from a friend of mine. I ignore it cause of those stupid chain message shit. Then I see one from an unknown number. I ignore it and delete them. Sighing heavily I get up and walk into the bathroom as I hear a mechanically laughter and a voice saying, “I won! I won!”

Jumping I turn around to see nothing. I take in a deep breath and run a hand through my hair. “You’re losing it Groff.” I say to myself as I turn the shower water on.

Stripping down I climb inside as I take and begin scrubbing my hair and going to my body. I finish up and grab a towel and wrap it around my lower half. I walk out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. I stand at the mirror on the dresser a few seconds sighing. Everything that had happened last night kept plaguing me. Hailey screaming at me, me screaming at her. The fighting get awful, then her leaving. Me chasing her out to the cab me begging her. I felt tears flow down my face as my room door opened up and Zak walked in.

“Mr. Wilson called me. Katie told him she left me but didn’t say where she was going.” Zak sighs heavily.

“Mr. Raines texted me asking me what the hell was going on.” I frown.

“Why did they leave? You think they were hiding something?” Zak asks me.

I shrug, “I don’t know bro, but I have a feeling they are.” I look at him. “Let me get dressed and I’ll be out.” I tell him as he nods shutting the room door.

I look down at my chest and stomach seeing the wounds. If anything it was the spirit that had followed us home. Was doing all this. It wanted us to hurt, and we sure the fuck were.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments. We love them please give us some more?!

-fiction;