Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-059-

I leaned my head against the window as Zak drove us home. I felt him grab my hand and lace our fingers together. I looked over at him and smiled. I couldn't believe how far we'd come in the last few months. Zak was working on writing a book about his life as a ghost hunter and I had been planning our wedding. It was so normal compared to what our life used to be. Of course, I told Zak he didn't have to quit the show, but he wanted to so I didn't argue with him. I knew he missed it though.

"Zak do you miss hunting?" I asked breaking the silence.

It took him a moment to answer, "A little."

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat, "You know you didn't have to quit."

He nodded, "I know, but I did it because I wanted to. It was the only way I knew we could have a normal life."

I sighed and looked out the window.

'Then why do I feel like I've made you give up the world,' I thought.

He squeezed my hand, "Katie you haven't made me give up anything. My life before you was 'Ghost Adventures'. Nothing else. All that changed when I met you. I couldn't imagine my life without you in it. You are my world now."

Tears pricked my eyes, "You're my world too Zak."

He pulled into our driveway and killed the engine. I opened the door and stepped out, shutting the door behind me. Zak met me in front of the Camero and grabbed my hand again. We walked up to the house and he unlocked the door, letting me inside first. Gracie met me; tail wagged and a smile on her face.

"Hey girl," I cooed, petting her head.

She greeted Zak as well while I headed up the stairs. I entered our room, leaving the door open for Zak as I slid my hand up my shirt and unclasped my bra. Pulling the straps through my sleeves, I pulled it out from under my shirt and tossed it on the floor before climbing in the bed. I sighed comfortably as the mornings events flooded my mind. Hailey and Nick had the most beautiful set of twins I'd ever seen. They were adorable. Seeing Zak hold Ethan made my heart melt. I couldn't wait till we had kids.

"What are you thinking about?" Zak's voice brought me back to reality.

I smiled at him, "When we have kids."

He smiled and walked over to the bed, pulling his shirt off as he did and tossing it to the floor. He undone his belt and pants before slipping out of them and tossing them to the floor as well. He slid under the covers and pulled me to him.

"When do you want them?" he asked as he kissed my hair.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I guess when it happens."

"Okay," he said pressing his lips to mine.

He straddled my hips and rested on his elbows so I felt none of his weight. He bit my bottom lip before kissing down my neck, sucking gently on the skin. I gasped as my nails dug into his shoulders. His hands slid under my shirt, pulling it up as they went, before we had to break apart so he could slip it over my head. Tossing it to the floor, he gazed over my body hungrily. I pulled his face to mine and ran my tongue along his bottom lip.

Image

My eyes flew open and I threw the covers back scrambling to get out of bed and head for the bathroom. I shut the door and raced to the toilet before emptying the contents of my stomach into it. Once I had finished, I flushed the toilet and wiped my mouth with the side of my hand. Getting up I walked over to the sink, I looked at my reflection and cringed. I looked horrible. I grabbed my toothbrush and turned on the faucet, placing my toothbrush under it before putting toothpaste on it. After I brushed my teeth, I walked out of the bathroom and crawled back in bed, pulling the covers over my face, and sighing. I hoped I wasn't getting a cold.

"You okay babe?" Zak's groggy voice asked.

I pushed the covers off my face and looked at him, "No I feel like shit."

He frowned, "I'm sorry, baby. Anything I can do?"

Just then my phone went off and I motioned for him to get it. He got out of bed and walked over to his jeans; damn his ass was nice. I had asked him to put it in his pants last night at the hospital because I didn't have pockets. He climbed back in bed and handed me my phone. Wrapping his arms around me, he pulled me closer to him and I instantly felt a little better. I unlocked my phone and saw that it was from Hailey.

"Aw look babe," I said showing him the picture.

He chuckled, "How cute."

Hailey had dressed Ethan and Emerson in the matching outfits that I had bought them. They were these cute onesies that I had made for them that read 'My Daddy is part of the GAC'. I grinned at the picture again before replying.

'Awww!!! Tell them Aunt KK and Uncle Zak said they look handsome!'

I hit send and placed my phone on the bedside table. I turned over and buried my face in Zak's chest. He tightened his grip on me.

"Why don't you stay in bed, I'll put on your favorite movie and make you some soup," Zak suggested.

I nodded against his chest, "Sound good. Thank you, love."

He kissed my hair before releasing me from his arms and climbing out of bed. He walked over to the tv and began searching for 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'. Once he found it, it turned on the DVD player and placed it inside the tray before walking back over to the bed and handing me the remotes.

"I'll be right back," he said slipping into his boxers.

I nodded as I turned on the tv and skipped through the previews of the movie. I pressed play and placed the remotes beside me. My phone went off again and I leaned over and grabbed it off the table.

'I couldn't resist. I know it probably makes Nick sad, but they looked so freaking adorable! So what are you doing?'

I smiled at her message and began to reply.

'Lying in bed, sick. I threw up as soon as I woke up and now Zak is making me some soup while I watch 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'.

I hit send and sat my phone on my hip. I snuggled into my pillow and stared at the screen. A few minutes passed and my phone went off again.

'Have you taken a pregnancy test?'

I bit my lip. Shit. I hadn't even thought about that. Not that Hailey mention it though, I remembered I was late on my period. Fuck me.

'No I haven't... I am late though. I'll get one today.'

I hit send and placed my phone back on my hip. I chewed my lip nervously as I thought this over. Quickly getting out of bed, I paused the movie and grabbed my phone before I lost it in the sea of covers. I slipped my underwear back on and walked over to where I had tossed my bra. Picking it up and pulling it back on, I grabbed my shirt and slipped it over my head then grabbed my shorts and slipped them on as well. Grabbing my wallet and keys out of my purse, I headed out of the bedroom.

"Where you going?" Zak asked, confusion in his voice.

I smiled nervously at him, "I need to run to the store real quick. I'll be back in like ten minutes."

"What about your soup?" he asked as he stirred it.

"I'll eat when I get back, babe. I promise I won't be gone long," I answered as I opened the door and walked out.

I basically ran to my car and unlocked it as fast as I could. I put the key in the ignition and the engine roared to life. My phone went off as I backed out of the drive.

'You need to do it soon. The sooner you know the better.'

I typed a reply as I put the car in drive and pulled off for the store.

'I'm going right now.'

I hit send before tossing my phone in the passenger's seat. I arrived at the store in no time and found a parking spot. I left my car running as I grabbed my wallet and got out. Quickly I walked inside and started searching the aisles for pregnancy tests. Finding them, I grabbed two of the best ones I could find and headed for the counter. After I paid, I walked out and headed for my car. I opened the door just in time to hear my phone going off.

'Let me know the results.'

I put my Audi in reverse and carefully backed out of the parking space before putting it in drive and pulling off towards my house. I picked my phone back up and replied to Hailey's message.

'I will boo. I just hope Zak will be happy if I am.'

I hit send and sat my phone in my lap. Soon I was pulling into the driveway and I killed the engine. I grabbed my wallet and the bag before climbing out of the car. I jogged to the door and opened it as soon as I reached the handle before walking in. I shut it behind me and headed up the stairs. As I entered the bedroom, I saw Zak sitting in the bed watching my movie.

"You're back," he smiled.

I gave him a quick smile and headed into the bathroom. I sat my phone on the counter and walked over to the toilet. I pulled the tests from the bag and opened the first one. Once I finished with it, I replaced the cap and sat it gently on the floor then opened the next box and pulled the test out. Once I had finished with the second, I flushed and carefully stepped over the tests and pulled my panties and shorts up before walking over to the sink to wash my hands. I walked back over to the toilet and carefully sat down, leaning over so I could see them. They were both digital and they were supposed to be fast and very accurate.

Soon the results appeared and I gasped.