Sequel: Unreadable
Status: Finished! :)

Tell Me This Then

Her Achilles Heel

"..make me feel like I'm in the only girl in the world.."

Taking the key out of the hole again, she steps through the door, clicking it shut. She sighs feeling the weight of university antics come off her shoulders just for tonight, ready to get back on first thing in the morning.

She walks into the living room, the pounding of Rihanna's song getting louder as she nears the sound system beside the television. She turns the knob to lower the volume.

Breathing in the scent of her home, she crinkles her nose in confusion. There is an unfamiliar smell coming from the kitchen. Food. Curiosity wraps around her mind and she slips off her shoes.

Leisha walks into the kitchen. She's greeted with a surprise. Her younger sister is switching from dancing around the kitchen to averting her attention back to whatever she's preparing.

"The apocalypse coming, V?" she teases, placing her bag on one of the dinner table seats.

Her sister rolls her eyes and slides a tray inside the heated oven. "I'm cooking, it's not like I haven't done it before."

"Not willingly anyway." Yvette glares at the older girl before turning back to get something out of the oven. "Well have fun, I'm going upstairs to get ready for the movies."

The blue eyed girl widens her eyes and rushes out of the kitchen. Leisha stares at her sister who's attitude is off and abnormal. She isn't one to cook for herself or be that interested in food, for the matter.

She comes back into the kitchen, face flushed. "No," she gasps clawing out with a hand. "Desiree called me and cancelled." Before Leisha is able to object, Yvette waves her away and gets busy with the hot dish.

"What is happening V?" Lish exclaims.

Ignoring the outburst, she occupies herself with preparing the food and taking the garlic bread out of the oven. She glances up at the clock and her heart threatens to bounce out of her rib cage.

She yells, "Turn on the tv for me please Lish! Channel four."

Leisha obliges panicking at the strange state of her younger sibling. She is frantic with pressing the buttons and is greeted with the Chatty Man Show.

∞ ∞ ∞


"...helped me with finding the right dates. She became my dating manager actually. But now...she's the one I want."

The corners of her lips curve up into a soft smile. She watches the brunette boy grin sheepishly. It's then and there that she wishes she could be in the crowd - not watching from the confines of her living room.

"Please Lish," he mumbles gazing intensely at the camera. Her stomach slowly turns inside out and it isn't a surprise that he could make her feel this way. "Please just go out with me just once."

His deep brown eyes bore through hers as if he knows he's watching. It hits her that everyone has been hiding exactly this and planning this interview behind her back.

Something pokes her elbow. Leisha turns her head to see a curious sister. The young girl cocks an eyebrow. "Aren't you going to call him and say yes?"

"I can't," she whispers instantly losing her usual confidence. "Oh my god he's such a bastard." She furiously stands from the couch and storms up the staircase. Once she reaches her room, she plops down faceflat on her bed and screams.

Liam knows precisely how she acts. He knows the things that make her tick. This just shows how many things they've shared during the four months they've known each other. He is sure that this plan will drive itself right into her heart and he knows that she isn't going to have the stamina to reject.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alaksjydhwns