Sequel: Unreadable
Status: Finished! :)

Tell Me This Then

Her Eye-rolling Humour

The waiter's smile doesn't waver as she leads the two new customers to their assigned table. Their place is set almost in the center of the restaurant, with two chairs on either side of the table. Thank god, Liam thinks as they walk towards it. 

On his previous date they chose to sit at a bench that went halfway around the table, in the corner of the diner, almost completely hidden from the eyes of the other customers - she had taken advantage of the situation, slid across the bench, rubbed her back against the chest of the bothered nineteen year old before slowly letting her fingers creep under his shirt. The girl made poor Liam so uncomfortable that he had to ditch his usual gentle self and lied just to disappear from her line of sight and get out of the diner. With the help of his new 'date assistant' Leisha, of course. 

Liam has been very occupied with his thoughts as he hasn't realized that his new date is waiting for him to pull the chair out. He does so, two minutes too late. 

"So we haven't said anything to each other except hi."

She smiles at him and a quick line of giggles escapes her lips. "Sorry," she hiccups. "I tend to laugh a lot when I'm doing something new."

He chuckles at her cute habit. "That's okay. Laughing's good for you. So what's your name?"

"Andrea."

"You've got a lovely name."

The girl snickers. "Thanks."

"Um," he begins. "Are you a fan or...?"

Andrea wildly shakes her head side to side. "Oh no, I'm not a big fan of boy bands. But uh, a couple of my younger friends are obsessed with you lot and I picked up that you are really," she continues with rabbit ears, "the sweetest, most mature and passionate about your music. Which you can't find in most guys these days.  Then I began to err." She pauses for a very long three seconds and blushes. "Began to like you - I could say." Another round of giggles and little snorts come from her and Liam just has to join in. Her laugh is quite infectious, a bit like Niall's. 

"And then you heard about me-"

Nodding, Andrea fiddles with her hands on her lap before placing them on the table again. "My friends told me about the whole blind date thing and I got curious. Of course they put themselves in and failed sadly. But I was so-" she scratches the back of her head, purses her lips and gazes at the pale ceiling as if embarrassed by it all. 

Liam clutches onto her free hand to squeeze it. "S'okay there's nothing to be ashamed of."

A more prominent shade of pink arrives on her cheeks again, another bubble of giggles come forth. "I was ecstatic to know I got the date and I had to brag about it. Just a little."

For the next thirty minutes of the night, the two has grown to be quiet comfortable with each other's presence. The longer the conversations, the more Liam learns from her and the bigger her laughs get. Andrea isn't afraid to show that she finds basically everything and anything - from the funniest true stories to the lamest knock knock in the history of bad jokes - absolutely fascinating. 

Through the whole time they eat dinner together there is no vibe of awkwardness, except for when they are confessing about the little sins they've committed and their most embarrassing times from when they were younger. There's not a time when she tries to persuade him into revealing his secrets or gossiping about people. Not a second when she pushes him into being her boyfriend already and Liam can never have recalled if she attempted to coax him into cutting the dinner short and sneaking back to her place for a 'little experiment'. Liam is beginning to fancy the girl. 

Andrea can't have replaced the date with Liam with anything. Tonight she was meant to visit her dance class for an important meeting and quick practice but she didn't. She had chosen Liam Payne over her undying love for the art of dance. He should feel important, she snickers to herself. He isn't like another guys, asking her for a fast 'root' after the date. Liam actually listens to all the words that come out of her mouth, no matter how ridiculous, he doesn't once interrupt or comment unless it's to add onto her stories. She has never met a boy like him. He is the reason Andrea thought twice about the boy bands - she always thought they were obnoxious pop stars gaining fans for their obviously fake perfect features. Of course, she doesn't think of all bands like that.

Liam slides into the driver's seat before answering the loud ringing phone. "Hey Lish."

He hears her growl. "Don't call me that Payne. Anyway how'd it go? Did she try anything on you? Try to kiss you? Sexual harassment, favors?" Her tone becomes even more curious around the last word.

"I haven't had many dates like that."

She laughs. "Liam honey, I'm the one who most of the time controls your dates. Who do you think gets the most disgusted?"

He gaped. "They say that to you?"

"Yup." She snickers. "For me to pass onto your innocent ears."

"Hey, I'm not that innocent," he snaps. 

"Sure sure." He can imagine the girl rolling her blue eyes. "How'd it go?"

"Andrea was great! She laughed so much and was a bit shy but we got on well," he rambles.  

"Sounds like you had fun. I want to wriggle all the juicy stuff out of you so get your Payne in the butt home."

"Payne in the butt? Really? You have a sense of humor like Louis." He smirks. 

She laughs again. "Of course. Now come home."

"That's not where you live!" Liam turns the key and the engine rumbles to life. 

"It is now." The menacing tone starts to worry him. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Agh, already 3 subs! Thank you to dmbbmb123 (Zoea) for being the first commenter and recommender!

Oh my gosh, I'm in love with this story! The first chapter is kinda like an intro or prologue.