Sequel: All Your Life
Status: Completed.

Never Told You

Chapter 1

When I first met him, we were in the tunnel between the locker rooms and the ice. It was my first year on the Giants Dance Team and this was one of the home openers. The boys had been on the road for a week and already had a hot streak going. The dance team just performed during intermission and as we were heading off the ice, the hockey team was heading back onto the ice.

The two of us bumped shoulders, and he nearly knocked me over. I could tell he was strong and the hockey equipment didn’t help. I was convinced his shoulder pads had left a mark on my shoulder, but I didn’t fuss.

“I am so sorry!” he apologized.

“It’s okay. I’m still alive.” I joked, and rubbed my shoulder, looking up to look at the culprit.

He reeked of sweaty equipment, and we both had sweat pouring down our faces, but there was an undeniable attraction we both couldn’t walk away from.

“I’m Milan,” he put out his hand.

“Rylan,” I smiled and shook his glove-covered hand.

“Carter, let’s go!” My captain yelled.

“Looch, c’mon!” One of Milan’s teammates yelled at the same time.

“Well, I guess we gotta go.” I laughed and shook my head, dropping my hand from my shoulder.

“Yeah,” he laughed, too, “I’m sorry, again. Maybe I can make this up to you after the game? The dance team is joining us for a party at my house when we win.”

“If you win. Maybe.” I smiled and ran to catch up with my team, but glanced back to see his jersey number.

Lucic 27

“What was that all about?” My best friend on the team, Marliegh, asked, nudging me.

“His name is Milan. He bumped into me…I think he broke my shoulder.” I started stretching out my arm.

“I know his name,” she laughed, “He is my brother, after-all.”

“What?!” I stopped dead in my tracks, “Why did you never tell me you had a brother?!” My jaw dropped.

“I actually have 3.” She said sheepishly, biting her lip.

“Mar!” I said accusingly, “Why have I never known this fact?”

“I don’t want people thinking Milan got me this job, Ry.” She shrugged and continued following the team. I dropped it, and then asked,

“So 3, huh?” I smirked, nudging Marliegh. She bursts out laughing, throwing her head back for effect.

“Nikola, Milan and Jovan. And me! Marliegh!” She nodded, after catching her breath. “13, 17, 18, and 20.” She giggled.

“I hope Milan is 18, and not 13…” I said.

“Does he look 13?” she asked and I shook my head.

“Yeah, no good point.”

“Nikola is 13. And Jovan is 20. You’re in the clear.” She laughed again. I just shook my head at her bubble of personality.

“What do you mean, I’m in the clear?”

“Well, when you date and get married, the age won’t be a problem.”

“Woah! Who said we were getting married? I just met him 2 minutes ago!”

“I’m just kidding, Ry.” She laughs, and loops her arm in mine, “But how cool would that be? If we became sisters?”

“I don’t think it would be that different.”

“Yeah, but it’d be legal!”

“You’re nuts, Mar.” I shook my head, laughing and she smirked.

“That’s why you love me, hon.”

“Why of course. But right now, I really need some ice.” I grabbed my shoulder.
________________________________
The boys had won in a shoot-out against their rivals, The Calgary Hitmen and I now found myself in Marliegh’s room as she handed me an outfit to change into. Apparently my street clothes weren’t party enough for her. In my defense, I never planned to go to this party in the first place. Never-the-less, I changed into the skirt and shirt, and wrapped the belt around my waist, waiting for Mar to come back in from the bathroom.

“You look so pretty!” Mar smiled.

“That is dress looks incredible. Stop trying to look better than me.” I smiled. She looked gorgeous.

“It’s my house,” she laughed “Let’s roll!” She twirled towards her bedroom door, and opened it. We walked downstairs and some girls from our team surrounded us, admiring our outfits, and talking about upcoming performances.

We broke away to get a bottle of water and join the boys in the living room. The music was loud, but you could still have a conversation.

“Well don’t you two look pretty.” Evander Kane snuck up behind us, and wrapped his arms around our shoulders.

“I know.” I smirked.

“Thanks,” Mar smiled, turning into him, getting a better look at him, “You clean up well.” She flirted.

“Yeah, well…You know how I roll.” He smirked.

“I don’t…but I’d like to find out.” she giggled flirtatiously. His eyes widened in surprise. Most people don’t expect half the things that come out of Marliegh’s mouth, but I guess that’s what makes her, well…her.

The two of them kept flirting, and I took a few steps away. Private moment, I don’t want to hear. I then caught the eye of Milan, who immediately smiled and got up and started walking over.

Stay cool, Rylan.

“Hello again,” he smiled

“Hey,” I smiled back

“How’s your shoulder?” he asked

“Sore. Thanks for that.” I playfully hit him

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” He laughed “Let me make it up to you.”

“How?” I cocked my head in thought.

“You can hit me back.” He suggested.

“I’d hurt myself more than I would hurt you.”

“Weak!” he joked, laughing.

“Shut up!” I laughed, blushing, “Do I look like a hockey player to you?”

“There’s so much to say, but your eyes keep interrupting me.” We could hear Marliegh say, and we turn to look at her and Kane.

“I know I’m not Mr. Right, but could you settle for Mr. Right Now?” Kane shot back, causing the two of them to laugh. Mar blushed and hid her face in his chest.

“I could so settle.” She smiled.

It was kind of a cute, corny moment, but Milan didn’t see it that way.

“Hey!” he shouted, only loud enough for us to hear, “You want to fuck off, Kaner?”

“Go away, Milan.” Mar rolled her eyes.

“Sorry, I don’t want my teammates flirting with my baby sis.” He protested and she crossed her arms over her chest, never a good sign.

“Why do you care?”

“Because…he’s my friend and...you’re my sister! It’s gross!” Milan was getting flustered.

“Oh, okay, yeah, that’s a great reason. What are you 5? Do we have cooties?” Mar shot back, sarcasm dripping from her voice, which only got Milan more frustrated.

“Just knock it off!”

“Mind your own business, Milan!” she then grabbed Kane’s hand and walked away,

“Marliegh!” he shouted after her.

“Oh, just let her go,” I put my hand on his shoulder “She’s a big girl.”

“I’m just trying to look out for her. Kane’s my friend, but we all know how he is with girls…”

“Well, she can take care of herself. I’m sure it’s just harmless flirting.” I tried to make him feel better, while also defending my best friend.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” he looked over at me, “Come on, let’s go outside. Get to know each other a bit more. It’s too loud in here.” He grabbed my hand and led me to his back porch. I wasn’t expecting the chill in the air, and I unwillingly shivered as soon as we stepped outside.

“So what’s up?” I asked, not knowing what else to say

“Are you cold?” Milan asked, ignoring my question, and already taking off his sweatshirt. He had on a long sleeve shirt underneath. I didn’t feel that bad anymore.

“Thanks,” I put my arms through and zipped it up. I was immediately warmed up. I inhaled his scent, which warmed my heart.

“So tell me about yourself.” Milan smiled.

“What do you want to know?”

“How old are you?”

“17.”

“What do you like to do in your spare time?”

“Dance.”

“Dance, really?”

“Yeah, why?”

“You dance for the Giants, and you dance on your own time?” he was intrigued.

“Well, yeah. But I like to do more street, freestyle dance, less cheerleader.” I admitted.

“You any good?” he smirked. Why?

“I like to think so,” I smirked, shrugging as I stared at him suspiciously, “Why?”

“Show me something.” He smiled.

“Maybe some other time.” I shook my head.

“Aw, c’mon. You can’t tease me like that and then pull back.”

“Can’t I?” I laughed, “So what about you, Mr. Hockey, what do you do when you’re not playing?”

“Uhh, I’m probably either with the guys, or, uh, playing video games with my brothers, or
something.” He suddenly got shy.

Note To Self: Doesn’t like talking about himself.

“That’s pretty cool.” I nodded.

“So what got you into dance?” Milan asked.

“I used to go into the city with my parents all the time when I was younger. We would go see these people who were always dancing on the street. They were so cool…I don’t know, but something sparked in me one day and I decided that that was what I wanted to do. I wanted to dance.”

“So why do you love it so much?”

“Dancing…” I took a deep breath, and thought about what I was going to say, “Dancing makes me feel powerful…and beautiful and…strong. I feel flawless, confident. It’s something I can do all year round. If I didn’t have dance in my life, I don’t know what I would do with myself. I dance because I want to…because I can….because nothing in my entire life has made me feel so...satisfied with myself. It takes all the stress and worries away and...it’s like I’m a whole different person.” I smiled weakly, walking over to the railing and leaning against it

“That was amazing, Rylan.” Milan came up behind me, wrapping his arms around me, setting his hands on the railing next to mine. I felt so comfortable with him, like I’ve known him for years.

“What about you? Why do you play hockey?” I took a risk and turned the tables back onto him. I felt him stiffen up.

“I can’t top that,” He shook his head, “Hockey is my way to let things go. Everything that’s bothering me stops when I step into the locker room. When I play, the world no longer exists, y’know?” he looked down at me.

“I know.” I smiled, and so did he.

“I don’t know what it is about you, Rylan,” he started to get closer, until his lips were touching mine. He didn’t move, waiting for me to continue this. I wasted no time in pushing myself up and kissing him, while he returned the favor.

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?” Marleigh.

We broke apart, and looked over at her. I shied away and stood still, turning my head to look over their backyard.

“Mar, go away.” Milan said

“You are such a hypocrite! You tell me how you don’t like the idea of your sister with your friend, but this is the same thing! She’s my best friend and you’re my brother.”

"Shut up, Mar, it's not even close." he rolled his eyes and she glared at him.

"Fuck you, Milan. It's the same damn thing!"

"Watch your mouth, Marliegh! What's wrong with you? Do you have to swear like a fucking sailor all the fucking time? It's not attractive." he snapped.

"You just love being a hypocrite, don't you, Milan?" Mar asked, obviously hurt by his words, but stubborn as hell and unwilling to show it. She rolled her eyes and slid the screen door shut as she stepped back inside. Milan sighed, clearly frustrated.

“I’m not going to come in between you two.” I said quietly.

“Rylan, don’t listen to her. She’s just…we’re both frustrated,” He came back up behind me, and my body relaxed, “I know I’ve only known you for a few hours, but there’s something that I really like about you.”

“Must be my amazingly good looks.” I joked, flipping my hair.

“Must be.” He laughed, and wrapped his arms around me, and kissing my cheek.

“I’m gonna go talk to her.” I said.

“Alright.” He let me go and I smiled, going into the house to find Marliegh. She was huddled into Kane’s side, just staring. When she saw me, she jumped up.

“I’m sorry, Mar.” I apologized.

“No, I’m sorry, Ry. I love the idea of you two together, but I just couldn’t shake his words from earlier. I’m sorry you had to witness that.” She said.

“It’s fine, but I just don’t want to come in between you two.”

“You won’t! We fight like that all the time. It’s a brother-sister thing. We still love each other. Give my brother a chance. He needs a good girl in his life.”

“Love you, Mar.” I hugged my best friend, and she hugged me back just as tight

“Love you, too, Ry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
My first mibba story. I can't thank just.add.ice enough for all her help. Tell me what you think!