Sequel: All Your Life
Status: Completed.

Never Told You

Chapter 2

Since that day, my life changed. The Giants won the Memorial Cup that year, and the entire team, plus dancers, went out and celebrated. At the club, Milan pulled me outside and asked me to officially be his girlfriend.

“Milan, what’s wrong? You look pale.” I said, feeling his forehead. He sighed and grabbed my hand, holding it in his.

“I’m fine, Ry,” he kissed my palm, “I have something to ask you though.” He looked straight into my eyes. I got a little weak at the knees.

“What’s up?” I smiled, edging him on.

“You know how I’ve felt about you for a while now, and,” he sighed, “I just,” he looked at the ground. My heart was beating so fast I could hear it, and I’m sure Milan could, too.

“Just say it,” I put my hand to his cheek, making him face me again, and I smiled reassuringly.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he finally spit out. My smile widened and I nodded before answering.

“Yes! Of course I will!” he smiled in relief, and wasted no time in pressing his lips to mine in a victory kiss.
We have shared many kisses, but they’ve all been friendly. This one was filled with happiness and passion. He put his hand on the back of my neck to deepen the kiss and I happily obliged.

“Yay!!” Marliegh came out of nowhere and hugged us, “I’m so happy!” she bubbled.

“Let’s go, Mar.” Evander followed her out and wrapped his arms around her waist, picking her up and carrying her back inside. Marliegh giggled the entire time, sending Milan and I hearts with her hands.


Today, I live in Boston with Milan. He got drafted by the Boston Bruins soon after we got together and begged me to come live with him, claiming he’d miss me too much. How was I supposed to say no to him? He had to go to Boston early to meet the team, coaches, staff and everyone else and also had to find a place to live, which ended up being a place recommended to him by one of the players.

I graduated my high school in Vancouver, and applied for a school in Boston. When I got in, I packed up my stuff and moved in with Milan. And I’m still here today, 6 years later. A college graduate with my Bachelor’s in psychology.

A year after Milan and I got together, he finally gave Evander permission to go after Marliegh. The two of them dated for a year, before he got drafted to the Atlanta Thrashers. Marliegh didn’t want to move to Atlanta, and they both had a mutual break-up. They are still friends though.

Marliegh went to college for Sports Journalism. She graduated with her Bachelor’s, but went back to get her Master’s. She did it, and is graduating in a few weeks. I’m so excited for her, and I’m excited to fly back to Vancouver with Milan for the graduation. Marliegh and I have done everything in our power to stay in touch. In some cases, we even fly back and forth just to visit each other. She’s my best friend and I don’t know what I’d do without her. Around 2 years ago, Mar met a guy at Starbucks. His name is Jason MaCallister, and from the way she described him, I knew I wasn’t going to like him. When I met him in person one summer, my predictions were right. I didn’t like him from the moment I saw him. He just had this vibe that made me want to poke my eyes out. Never-the-less, Jason and Marliegh have been going out for a year and a half.

The Bruins won the Stanley Cup last year, and it was amazing to be able to experience that with Milan and the team. When we went back home to Vancouver, our families and friends were so proud of him. He insisted that he didn’t want a big party in celebration, but they threw him one anyway. Sadly, Lord Stanley was not in attendance, for he was just a mere 2 weeks late to the party, but when he did visit, Milan took him everywhere! That was a great day. Everyone had smiles on their faces, all proud of Milan and all happy to be able to be a part of it.

Milan has been stressed as of late. Which is understandable, due to it being playoff season, but he’s been extra snippy lately. It’s really starting to get on my nerves. The Bruins haven’t been playing to their potential, and it’s really starting to show. They’ve become sloppy, and tired, and Washington just has to win one game tonight to knock them out of the playoffs. If the Bruins lose tonight, I’m not sure how Milan is going to react, and frankly, with the way he’s been acting at home, I’m kind of scared.

I had become fast friends with all of the guys on the team, much to the dismay of some WAGs, and sometimes Milan. Brad Marchand always jokes that I should leave Milan and go out with him instead. It’s all in good spirits, but when Milan gets in his moods, he always uses my harmless flirting against me, telling me I should just hook up with Brad or Tuukka Rask-another harmless friendship. Of course, Tuukka has a girlfriend, and I would never come between the two of them. Jasmina is a sweetheart, and she, along with Stephanie-Patrice Bergeron’s girlfriend- are my go-to girls when I need company or just to get out of the house and away from Milan.
_______________________________
“Are you coming tonight?” Milan asked, coming into the bedroom, where I was sitting on the bed, playing around on my laptop.

“I was planning on it, why?” I looked over at him, and he nodded.

“Just wondering.” He then turned and went into his closet to pick out a suit for the game.

“You don’t have to leave for another two hours, why are you getting ready now?” I asked, curious.

“I like to be safe.” He smirked at me over his shoulder. At least he wasn’t yelling.

“That’s for sure,” I laughed and grabbed one of the condoms that he always had on the side table beside me and threw it at him. He laughed as it deflected off him and landed on the ground.

“Don’t waste them, Ry!” he joked and picked it up, throwing it back at me. I laughed, guarding myself with the laptop. I then closed the laptop and put it on the bed space beside me, and sat on the edge of the bed. He picked out one of his many black suits, and turned to me,

“What color should I go with tonight, babe?” he asked, referring to his shirt.

“Yellow!” I smiled. That was always my answer. Yellow, being my favorite color, and it made Bruins colors.

“I was thinking blue.” He turned back to his closet.

“Then why did you ask?” I laughed, and got up, coming behind him and wrapping my arms around him. He put his suit back on the hanger, and turned to face me, smiling.

“Small talk,” he shrugged and laughed, before placing a chaste kiss to my lips. I kissed back, enjoying being able to talk to him without screaming our heads off at each other. Our moment was interrupted by a vibration from Milan’s pocket.

“Is that your phone or are you just happy to see me?” I joked and stepped back so Milan could answer his phone. I went back to the bed and pulled the computer onto my lap, opening it and typing in the password. Milan answered his text and slid his phone back into his pocket, then came over and sat behind me, looking at the computer screen.

“Whatcha doing?” he asked before kissing my neck.

“Checking e-mails,” I giggled, “I applied at a few places the other day, and now I’m waiting for responses.”

“I told you, you don’t need a job, Ry. I got you covered!” he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him until I was practically sitting on his lap.

“Well, nobody replied, so I guess you don’t have to worry about that.” I sighed when his phone vibrated again, and I scooted further down the bed as he pulled his phone back out and held it behind my back as he answered the text. He then tossed his phone in the space beside us before going to work on my neck. I don’t know why he was being so lovey today, but I wasn’t about to question it. I shut my computer, and tossed it to the side. I placed my hands over Milan’s arms, which had wrapped back around my waist, and sunk into him, enjoying the feeling of his lips. It wasn’t until my body started to react and get all fuzzy that the house phone rang. I jumped, not expecting the loud noise.

“I’ll bet it is either your mother, or Mar.” Milan laughed. I got up and grabbed the phone off its charging dock and pressed Talk.

“Hey love bug.” I answered.

“I am done with fucking men! No, I'm done with fucking relationships. Period. They're all just lies and a waste of time and a hell of a lot of heartbreak and I'm just done. With a capital D. Fuck Jason. Fuck all the time we were together, it's a fucking waste now.” Marliegh cried from the other side of the phone. And, I do mean cried. In all the years I’ve known her, I think I’ve only seen her cry once…maybe twice.

“Woah, babe, slow down. Talk to me, what happened?” I said, calmly. Milan looked over, confusion taking over his face.

"I can't stand Jason! That spineless little shit!” Marliegh yelled.

“I got that part. Why? What happened?”

“He cheated on me! The lying piece of shit took my heart, played warm up soccer with it, skated a few dozen suicides over it and handed it over to Chara for some one-timer practice.” She sobbed into the phone, and my heart couldn’t help but pull for her. I wish I could be there with her, to comfort her.

“He’s an asshole! I told you this from the start. Do you know who he did it with?” I asked. Milan mouthed me the question,

“What’s going on?” I shushed him and walked into the hallway.

“And ‘I told you so’ is the last fucking thing I want to hear right now, Rylan, but you’ll never guess who!” she sniffled, “Jamie Shaw!”

“Really? You didn’t think I would’ve guessed her?” I replied sarcastically. Jamie was on our dance team when we danced for the Giants, and I’m pretty sure she dated the entire team…at the same time.

“What a bitch! I’m gonna kill her if I ever see her again. And after I kill her, I’m gonna kill Jason. And after I kill Jason, I’m just going to lock myself in my apartment with 6 dozen cats and evade the police.” She sniffled again, trying to compose herself.

“Aw, don’t do that. The world would die without your beautiful face gracing its streets. Just stay strong. Eat some Ben and Jerry’s and watch Along Came Polly. I wish I could be there with you, sweetie.” I frowned.

“I think I’ll do just that. I love you, hon. Send Milan my love and tell him I said Good Luck.”

“I will. I love you, too, babe. Call me if you need anything.” I said, before she sniffled a final time and we both hung up.

I walked back into the bedroom where Milan was on his phone again.

“Who are you texting?” I asked, curious.

“No one. So what was wrong with Mar?” he changed the subject. I dropped it and jumped onto the bed beside him.

“You know Jason?”

“Yeah…”

“Do you remember Jamie Shaw?”

“Uhh,” he thought back, “Vaguely. Why?”

“Well, it turns out Jason cheated on Mar with Jamie.”

“What?! He cheated on my baby sister?! Does he have a death wish!?” Milan’s face got all red.

“Can you believe that? Guys can be real assholes sometimes! I mean, seriously! They have no filter! What jerks!” I ranted, shaking my head, “It’s nice to know I can trust you. I know you’d never cheat on me.” I hugged him.

“Uh, yeah, of course not. You know I love you.” He wrapped his arms around me, and kissed the top of my head.

“I love you, too.” I smiled into his shoulder. I then leaned in to kiss him, but his phone vibrated again, and I sighed, before pulling away.

“Sorry, baby.” He shook his head before opening the new text.

“It’s fine. I’m gonna go get something to eat.” I got off the bed and headed into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was just to fill you in and give you a little fore-shadowing. I promise it gets better from here! Love you guys!(: