Sequel: All Your Life
Status: Completed.

Never Told You

Chapter 5

Brad

I groaned as my alarm clock rang, not that I slept much last night anyhow. What is the world coming to? Two beautiful girls like Ry and Mar both find out their boyfriends are cheating on them in less than 24 hours?

Well, Mar’s boyfriend, I can see that – dude’s a total tool and wouldn’t know something as amazing as Marliegh if it punched him in the face like she hopefully did, but Milan? Nobody would’ve guessed he’d do that to Ry.

What the hell was he thinking? The only guy in the league with a better girl is Mike fucking Fisher. If he threw a 6 year relationship with the perfect girl away, it better have been for Carrie Underwood.

I walked out into my kitchen and Rylan was already sitting at the kitchen table, starring at a half cup of coffee with bloodshot eyes.

“How you feeling?” I asked, frowning over at her as I poured my own cup of coffee and she shrugged.

“When I woke up this morning, I thought it was just some horrible dream, until I realized I was in your guest room.” I sighed, not knowing what to say when there was a knock on the door.

“You don’t think-” I asked, glancing over at her and she glanced at the door.

“He did try to blame his cheating on our flirting.” Ry shrugged, glancing over at the door and I rolled my eyes. Could he be a bigger douche?

“Fuck you! I can hear you muttering in there! Open the fucking door!” a familiar voice yelled and Rylan smiled widely, jumping out of her seat and running over to the door. She threw it open and all but tackled Marliegh.

Marliegh laughed, hugging Ry back just as tightly, “I missed you too honey.”

Once Ry let her go, Mar dropped the bag from her shoulder and all but tackled me, wrapping her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. I instinctively grabbed the back of her thighs, holding her up as she leaned in and kissed me square on the lips.

“I missed you, Marshy.” She cooed, smiling at me as she pulled away just enough to look me in the eyes. Did she really just do that in front of Ry?

“Woah, that was quick.” Ry chuckled as Mar hopped down and smirked.

“You know me, Ry. I rebound pretty quick.” My heart dropped a little when she said rebound, but I tried not to let it show. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been just a rebound for Marliegh.

“Marliegh Lynn Lucic,” Ry scolded, sticking up for me, “He is too good to be just another rebound, Marshy deserves better than that.”

“I would never use Brad as one of my rebounds. Even I know he’s too good for that.” Mar smiled, leaning her head on my shoulder.

“I love how you ladies talk about me like I’m not even here.” I chuckled, wrapping my arm around Mar’s shoulder and giving it a squeeze.

“Well, this was fun, but I guess I better get going.” Ry sighed.

“You don’t have to leave, Ry. I told you, you can stay here.” I assured her and she frowned.

“The only clothes I have with me are a pair of jeans and a Lucic shirt that I really feel like burning.” She chuckled humorlessly, “I have to go back for my stuff eventually.”

“I’ll go.” Mar offered and Ry looked at her surprised.

“Really?”

“Of course honey, what are best friends for? Besides, the verbal berating I gave him last night on the phone just wasn’t satisfying enough without a swift kick in the balls following it.” Mar smirked and I winced at the thought of it, making them both giggle.

“I’d come with, but I don’t think I could watch that.” I joked and Mar rolled her eyes.

“Come on, I’ll need your help carrying Ry’s shit.”

“Hey!” Ry protested and Mar chuckled, kissing her cheek.

“Love you, honey.” She smiled innocently and Ry shook her head, chuckling.

“Love you too.”

Milan

Last night was brutal. Rylan walking out had me up all night. I tossed and turned because I was so worried about Ry.

Where was she? Is she okay? Is she coming back?

Marliegh’s call only made me feel worse. I was serious when I said I only want to be with Rylan. I do. I love her with everything in me.

I really fucked up.

I hadn’t planned on it lasting as long as it did. The first time was a drunken mistake. The second time was a desperate plea for sex. Rylan had been angry at me for getting so drunk at the clubs with the boys, and was holding out on me. Brittany called me and it sort of just happened.

After the third time, I tried to make things right. I told Brittany that I had a girlfriend, but in turn, she shushed me and promised that Rylan would never know. That only led to a fourth time.

The list goes on. Just thinking about the look on Rylan’s face made me feel sick… I felt disgusted with myself.

I needed to feel clean, so I got up to take a shower, but I never got the chance. Someone knocked on the door, and I flew to open it.

Rylan?!

My heart dropped when I opened it and not see Ry, but to see the person who caused all of this mess.

“Brittany?” I asked, not sure if my mind was playing tricks on me.

“Hey sweetie,” she smiled and kissed my cheek, “Can I come in?”

“I really don’t think that’s a good idea,” I shook my head.

“Please? It’s important.” She gave me puppy dog eyes, which usually doesn’t affect me, but something made me agree to let her talk.

“I guess,” I sighed, opening the door wider to let her in, “So what’s so important?” I really couldn’t have Brittany here if Rylan ever came back.

“I umm… maybe you should sit down.” She was stalling; I could see it in her behavior-she kept switching feet.

“I’m fine. What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know how you’re going to take this…” she looked around my kitchen, “Can I have some water?”

“Seriously?” she nodded. I sighed and got her a bottle of water from the fridge. She took it and drank half the bottle in one sip.

“Thanks.” She screwed the cap back on, and then just sat there, “How’ve you been?”

“I’m fine. What is so important, Brittany?”

“Is your girlfriend here?” she looked around the rest of the apartment.

“No.” I sighed, my mind bringing me back to last night.

“Where is she?”

“Brittany! Stop stalling! Tell me what you need to tell me!” I snapped.

“I’m pregnant.” She said quietly. I wasn’t even sure if I had heard her right.

“What?” Wait, was this a way out of her mess?

“It’s yours.” She looked up at me. My heart dropped.

No.

“I…excuse me?”

“I was just as shocked as you, Milan.” She sighed.

“I don’t know what you want me to say…” I swallowed hard.

“I’m hoping you’ll want to be a part of this baby’s life…of OUR baby’s life.”

“Britt-” There was a loud pounding on the door and I froze, there are 3 people the doorman would let up without calling first, one is on my couch, one probably never wants to speak to me again, and one is hopefully still in Vancouver.

“Milan! Open up!” Marliegh yelled on the other side and my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach, that’s the last person I wanted it to be.

“Does she know?” Britt asked in a hushed whisper and I nodded, making her bite her lip. Britt lived with Mar for a year; she knows how absolutely psycho my little sister can get when she’s angry.

“Maybe I should hide?” Britt asked and I nodded to the hallway.

“Guestroom.”

“I’m not fucking deaf! I can fucking hear you two in there! Now open this goddamn door!” Mar yelled as Britt ran off to the guest room.

I took a deep breath, sitting up and walking over to the front door. I clicked the lock and before I could open the door, it swung open and Marliegh barged through, a stunned Marchand standing behind her.

“Where is she?” Marliegh asked, looking around the apartment.

“Rylan? I don’t know-”

“Fuck you, Milan. How stupid do you think I am?” she asked, glaring at me, “I meant my skank of an former roommate.”

“Mar-”

“Why’d you do it?” Mar asked, cutting me off, “Why did you ruin the one good fucking thing in your life? I handed you the perfect girl on a silver fucking platter and what do you do? You fucking toss it aside and order off the fucking kiddie menu! God! Sometimes I think you were thrown at wall as a baby, because you’re a fucking idiot!”

“Marliegh-”

“Where is she, Milan?”

“Where’s Rylan?” I asked and she scoffed.

“Like I’d ever tell you that.”

“Come on, Mar. I’m your brother, remember.” I pleaded and she shook her head.

“You have no idea how much I wish you weren’t.” That one hurt.

“Mar-” I started, but she shook her head.

“Marshy and I came for Ry’s things.” She frowned and my heart dropped again.

“Get out.” I barely managed to say and Mar’s jaw dropped.

“What?” Marliegh asked, shocked and I glanced over at her.

“Get out. If Rylan wants her things she’ll have to come get them herself. Now, if you’re done yelling like a fucking 2 year old, get the hell out of my apartment!”

“Who’s acting like a two year old now, Milan?” Mar asked, rolling her eyes and heading for the hallway.

“What the fuck are you doing?” I yelled, storming after her.

“Well since the only clothing your poor ex-girlfriend has is a fucking Lucic shirt she doesn’t want to touch with a 10 foot pole, I’m at least grabbing her a fucking change of clothes. Do you mind?” Mar screamed at me. She walked over to the closet and grabbed Ry’s dance bag, tossing it to Marshy who walked in behind me.

“You said a change of clothes-” I protested and she turned to glare at me.

“Do you really want me to kill you over Ry’s dance bag? After everything you’ve done in the last 24 hours, I will. We both know she needs that if she wants to work, so kindly fuck off.”

She grabbed Ry’s overnight bag – the one she uses when she flies to Vancouver to see Mar for a weekend – and began to fill it with a few changes of clothes. Mar brushed by me, walking into the adjacent bathroom and I sighed, walking over to the bed and setting down at the end of it, rubbing my face with my hands.

“The apartment is being sublet at the end of the month. She has until then to come get her things.” I muttered, looking up at Marshy and he nodded, frowning.

“Do you know where she is?” I pleaded and he shook his head.

“Even if I did, I’m not sure I’d tell you, Looch.”

“Why do you even want to know? So you can plead on your knees like the pathetic little man you are for her to take you back?” Mar asked, glaring at me as she walked out of the bathroom and handed Marshy the bag, “She’s not that dumb, Milan.”

“Marliegh, please-” she shook her head, walking over and crouching down in front of me.

“I love you, Milo, you’re always going to be my big brother and I’m always going to love you.” She assured me, trying to hide the tears welling up in her eyes, “I’m just not sure if I’m ever going to like you again.”

That one felt like a stab through the heart. Marliegh was my little princess growing up, she never wanted for anything; I always made sure of it even when our parents didn’t. I can’t even count the times I got suspended from school for kicking the ass of some sorry little prick that broke her heart. She grew up under my wing, and that’s probably why she’s the smart mouth little tough bitch she grew up to be, she learned it all from me.

“Don’t say that, Mari.” I pleaded, trying not to cry myself as she shook her head and stood up, walking over to the closet and grabbing a dress and pair of heels from the closet, “Why are you grabbing those?” I asked and Mar rolled her eyes.

“They’re mine, I leant them to her.” she half shrugged and I nodded.

“I’m sorry, Marliegh, I really am. I didn’t want this to happen.”

“If you didn’t want this to happen, you shouldn’t have slept with her. End of, Milan.” Mar frowned and I nodded.

“Is there anything I could say to make you change your mind about me Mar?” I pleaded and she shook her head, “Not even that you’re going to be an aunty?”

The heels and dress fell out of Mar’s hand and Marshy dropped Ry’s bags to reach out and steady Mar, “She’s pregnant?”

I couldn’t bring myself to say it, so I nodded.

Mar forgot all about the dress and heels, leaving them on the floor as she stormed out of the room. Marshy and I ran after her as she flung the guest room door open.

“I can’t fucking believe you! You little skank!” she screamed at Brittany as Marshy held her back, “I always thought you were joking when you said you wanted to have my brother’s children. Guess I was wrong huh?”

“Marliegh it’s not like that! I swear!” Brittany promised, starting to cry.

“If that kid you’re carrying wasn’t my niece or nephew I’d kick your sorry ass! I told you he had a girlfriend! I fucking told you to stay away because they were perfect together! You fucking whore!”

“She’s not worth it, Mar.” Marshy tried to reason with her but she ripped her arms out of his grip before glaring at me.

“You’re dead to me. You both are.” She stormed out of the room in a huff and Brad just shook his head at me as he followed after.

“Milan, it wasn’t like that! I swear!” Brittany insisted, crying harder and I sighed. I was torn, go after my little sister or stay here with Brittany, “I’m so sorry, Milan. I never thought it’d come to this. I’m so so sorry.”

“It’s alright. It’s not just your fault, it takes two to cheat.” I assured her, sighing as I sat down beside her on the bed and wrapped my arms around her, rubbing her back.

When the apartment’s front door slammed a minute later, I flinched.

I deserved that.