Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Seventeen

“You have to promise me that if I die, you’ll try to win,” I said. He sat there for a minute, as if to think if this was the right thing to do.

“Ok, as long as you promise if I die, you’ll try to win,” He said. I almost laughed at that remark. Really? Would I? Doesn’t he know that it’s not just him I want to win for? Doesn’t he know that I have family too? I really don’t know if he thinks I’m stupid – or he’s stupid. Well, he must’ve sensed me zoning out so he said, “You – you wouldn’t try?”

“Of course I would try!” I thumped him on the head. “Don’t you know that I have a family? It’s not like if you died I’d be all crying or whatever. Dude, you really need to get some Game.” I said. He really didn’t think of my “joke” as funny. He glared at me, and spit at my face.

Well, that made me MAD.

I grabbed his head and dunked it underwater. That’s when Maaden arrived. “So, someone’s ready to die,” Maaden said.

I really wanted to say, ‘Give me a second. I’m busy,’ but really? That’s going to get me killed faster. I let Fugy come to the top, and he saw why. “Ha-ha. Really funny on the dramatic motive,” I said.

“What? I mean, yes, you’re really - ” He stopped, not sure what I have said, “Well, you might as well kill that little beast, because I’m right about to kill you.” I laughed, and I chucked my knife. He wasn’t expecting that, so he dodged it from his chest, but it hit his foot. “Ouch!” I started swimming away, fast as I could, and I could hear Maaden trying to catch up, but pretty unable to.

It seemed as if he wasn’t a good swimmer in the first place, but, I really have no idea. But, now that I think about it, how shall I kill him? Maaden is incredibly strong and I recall a score of a ten. Or eleven. I really don’t remember. And he’s quite smart, he was playing lovey dovey with Malishi and Alla, and he killed Alla. I bet he would have killed Malishi if she wasn’t eaten by dinosaur. Anyway, not even ALLA could escape his “wrath” and what about me? Is Alla better or not better than I am? I really can’t determine, but what about Fugy? Who knows, that kid is unpredictable. Everyone thought he’d die the first day, but here he is in the final four. And I hope he’ll die soon – not because I want him to die because I’m bloodthirsty – it’s just that I really don’t want it to come down to us two – or I could die – but if I did I think that Maaden would win.

Wait, what about Killer? I look over in the watery place, and I see him trying to escape some type of mutation. And what happens next is pretty scary.

The whole arena freezes, yes, freezes. The ice travels its way towards me and Fugy. Its ice and we all try to get from under, but I see Killer struggling to get up. The ice starts to freeze his legs, and I consider it. I consider bringing him up. But I realize he’s really not worth it. He tried to kill me, Fugy, and he probably killed others. I mean, what will it help?

It’s up to his waist, and it’s growing. He’s screaming as if being eaten alive, but all of us left ( Maaden, me and Fugy) watch fearfully. Or me and Fugy – I almost think there is delight on Maaden’s face. It’s now almost up to his face, and he looks at us in horror. “Help,” He murmurs his last help as his mouth covers over, with the inability to breathe, he makes muffled noises, but after not even a minute, they stop, and the cannon fires.

Maaden does a great big grin, and to everyone’s fears. All of my fans are scared. Isile is scared. Mom is scared. Dad is scared. Maddylin is scared. Fugy’s fans are scared (if he has any except for family). His mom is. His dad is. If he has siblings they are.

They’re scared because Maaden Walker, Career tribute, District one, 210 ibs, 6’3” is right about to throw his knife at us. And, we can't move.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys. I’m sorry leaving off at that sore point, but I have to! I really want to put the “finale” next chapter, and you’ll see if they survive. So really, I really have to say, LOREN MAY NOT SURVIVE. I know that’s what you’re thinking, but I really can’t say that she will or will not. It’s a mystery. And if she does, don’t be sad, I could write another book about the victor whoever it is. But I’m not saying she will or will not die. UNDERSTAND? Jk, J, I’ll post tomorrow – or I might not! *don don don don!*

I don't exactly know why I did that. I wrote that on Quizilla.