Please Tell Me What We Have Is Real

Chapter 40

The next day I went to school..much to my despise. Jimmy had given me and Johnny a ride. When we got there they walked to my locker. I moped, still upset and eyes so red you could hardly see the green. I know I looked awful. I grabbed my stuff, slammed my locker shut and sighed.

"Hey Zacky," Matt said to me.
"Hi," I said softly, voice hoarse and throat dry.

He didn't say anything else. Instead he pulled me into a hug. I broke there. I cried on his shoulder, tears drenching his shirt. I cried to the point my heart ached in my chest. Matt rubbed my back gently.

"Everything will be okay, buddy. I promise," He whispered. And I wish I could've believed him. But I couldn't.

I pulled away from Matt's embrace, Jimmy and Johnny walking up, hand in hand. Jimmy gave me a sad smile while Johnny looked like he was about to kill someone and cry. Brian then stormed by grabbing Matt by the collar of his shirt. I started to cry harder..he hates me. He didn't even look at me. Johnny eyes turned dark. Matt broke out of Brian's grip. I watched, everything seemed to be in slow motion. Johnny stormed up to Brian and punched him square in the jaw.

"What the fuck gnome!" Brian growled.
"That's for hurting my best friend. Fuck you, asshole," Johnny hissed before storming away.

Brian then grabbed Johnny by the hood and threw him against my locker, punching him in the nose and eye. Johnny kneed him in the stomach, making him let go. Jimmy picked up Johnny by the waist and Matt grabbed Brian. Both struggled to let go. I couldn't watch anymore. I ran away from the scene, tears spilling down my cheeks, running straight towards the bathroom. I sat in a stall on the floor, face in my knees and cried.

Brian's POV

"Let me go Matthew!" I growled.
"We can all agree that you deserved that," He said, tone stern.

He dragged me to an empty classroom, Jimmy and gnome following, and threw me into a chair.

"Listen, asshole, if yo-," Johnny started before being shushed my Johnny.
"You're hurting him bad, Brian. He's been hurt before, his dad fucking abused him and you saw. We want you to think about you did and you might not even fucking get him back," Matt said. I crossed my arms, not wanting to hear this anymore.

He let me go and I continued on with my day. Every class I went to Zacky was missing..not that I cared right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know they are getting short but I am posting chapter 41 after this!