Status: This is the brand new story I'm working on. Hope you enjoy!

Good for Nothing

Chapter 2

Invention is a great place to live. I’ve been here just shy of a year now and things are finally starting to click in to place. My passion for Photography, which was always kind of knocked out of me when I was with Ivan, is now starting to make me a little money; something I never could have dreamed possible before and in just one more day, I’ll be opening up my little book shop-come-photography shop.

Once I’d got myself settled, to a degree, in Invention, one of the first things I did was draw out all my life savings (that was one thing Ivan never knew existed; I’d always kept a little money to one side, just in case – I’m so glad I did now) and paid a deposit on my small but cosy, two bedroom house. I moved in almost immediately. I renovated and decorated around myself and at a rate I could control.

I kept my kitchen as exactly that, but it was big enough for me to include a small living quarter; a little space for me to read, relax and if the need ever arose, watch TV if the shop was quiet. I turned the master bedroom in to what is now my beautiful lounge; adorning the walls with my photography. The whole of the left wall was filed with all my books, comics and graphic novels thanks to the wall to wall shelving I had managed to put up. (Don’t even ask how I did that; I don’t quite know myself!). My BIG purchase for the lounge was my flat screen TV. I’ve never had one before; didn’t feel the need to, but I thought I’d treat myself to it and paid for it with my earnings from my first photography commission; a Wedding shoot. I was more proud of this than anything else I’ve ever done – my own wage was paying my way. This really was the start of my new life.

The smaller of the two bedrooms was kept as my bedroom. It provided sanctuary; a place where I could retreat to and again, with a book laden, solid oak book case (a “piece of junk” according to the old lady who was leaving it out for the Reclamation men to take away!) in the corner by my window. My four guitars hung from their brackets (one on each wall) and a few of my favourite gig photo canvases, namely My Chemical Romance, The Used and Thursday, took pride of place too.

Last, but by no means least (and the room that would earn me enough money to pay my monthly mortgage), is the lounge, or should I say, SHOP. It’s predominantly a book shop and I’ve taken care to order a wide selection of fiction, reference, autobiography, language, children’s books, graphic novels, crime and true crime, amongst a few other genres. I haven’t the space to order lot in of one particular book, so there’s a handful of everything and if I do so happen to run out, I can order more in easily. Somehow though, I don’t think the people of Invention are going to clear my shelves. Canvases of my own photographic work line the walls and in the corner that houses the cash register, posters advertise my Photography business and website.

A few years ago, I would never, ever have believed I could pull this off, yet here I am in my own home, with my own shop and business and my OWN brand new life. Those words I van said to me, well, they’re my inspiration. At first I despised them – they made me feel sick. Now though; well, just look at me? I’m grateful for them. They’ve given me all I’ve ever wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Starting to take shape now. I already kind of know the ending but don't want to rush things so you may find that the chapters stay the same length and possibly get longer. Let's just take it a day at a time, huh?