Status: In progress

Stolen Kisses

Delving into the past

THIS CHAPTER WILL JUMP IN BETWEEN DIFFERENT TIMES AND THERE WILL BE MANY FLASHBACKS. PLEASE TRY TO STAY ON TRACK BECAUSE IT WILL JUMP FROM ONE MOMENT TO THE OTHER QUICKLY. ITALICS ARE FLASHBACKS. * = A MOMENT LATER. Normal writing like this = present time.

*two days later*

The next morning Draco and I set out for some school supplies for Draco. Only for Draco. I slightly flinched as I’d remembered the first time I’d told Draco of my parent’s original plan to send me to Oxford University this year.

Draco walked into the kitchen in his boxers, clearly trying to show off his muscles. I smirked at his efforts as I loaded up our plates with breakfast. I’d felt bad for the elves and let them rest for a while as I cooked. I don’t know, I guess I was just in a giving mood. A happier mood. It was most likely because Draco and I spent all of last night staying up and talking about anything and everything. Everything about me seemed to amuse Draco. I smiled at our little quirks. I didn’t just love Draco, I loved this relationship.
“Morning honey” Draco called, sitting down at the table. I smiled as I set his plate of food in front of him and kissed his cheek.
“Good morning sweetheart” I murmured, before turning to sit down in my seat. As I was about to leave Draco’s side, he pulled me into him by my waist and turned me around to face him, before pulling me into a kiss. Draco stood up mid-kiss and wrapped his arms around my back as we backed up against the kitchen counter. His hand clasped around my wrist and pressed it against the wall, using his other hand to caress my body. Draco turned us towards the counter, and lifted me up so that I could sit on the counter, before he continued to kiss me. I leaned back as he pressed his body against mine, kissing my body slowly before he reached my rib cage. Draco placed loving butterfly kisses slowly leading down to my hips, causing me to arch my back and feel another surge of pleasure from his body and his love towards me. He returned his mouth to mine, before we heard a small pop and a squeak. Draco and I pulled apart, startled, before seeing a small house elf with her eyes covered.
“I’m so sorry master, I didn’t know, I didn’t know, please master don’t punish me, I beg of you, I didn’t know!” It cried, backing away, its eyes still covered and bumping into things because of that. Draco smirked as he helped me onto the ground again, before telling the house elf that it was ok and to leave. I was bright red as Draco kissed my cheek and led me back to the table to continue our breakfast. I sat down in my seat, my cheeks still flushed.

My phone rang at that moment, and I answered it without checking the caller ID.
“Good morning this is the administrator at the University of Oxford speaking, may I please speak with Mrs. Wild”. That one sentence made my entire body feel cold.
“I… you’re speaking with her” I replied, my voice barely audible
“Ah, very good. I’d just like to check with you to insure that you are in fact coming to Oxford as an early accepter this year, correct?” the administrator questioned. My mouth was open but not sound escaped. I managed to muster up a quiet ‘yes’.
“Well in that case I’ll be seeing you soon. Thank you for your time” And with that, the phone conversation ended. Draco was eyeing me carefully, reading my face. At times it was annoying when he could see every emotion I was feeling – even if it only flickered across my face for a second. That damn boy always picked up on the smallest things.
“What’s up?” he asked. That was his signature sentence. That was the sentence that said ‘I know there’s something wrong so don’t attempt to fool me. I want to know the truth’. I looked up at him slowly
“That was um…” I started, before clearing my throat. “The… the university of oxford” I replied lightly, somehow hoping that if he didn’t hear me, he would drop it. I was stupid to think so.
“What are they doing calling you? That’s some muggle school isn’t it?” he asked, ignoring his breakfast. That was bad. Draco never ignored food. He was a guy. If there was food around, he’d smell it out like a blood hound and devour it. By ignoring the plate of food in front of him, I knew that he knew this was serious. He sensed these types of things around me. Like right now he could sense that he didn’t want to hear the answer to his own question, because he could sense that it was something bad.
“Well they uh… my parents…they were obviously a witch and a wizard and I mean they wanted me to be both a witch and a wizard so they decided that I should obviously live both lives so I can be both obviously so then they applied for oxford for me and then you know I got in except you don’t know that because I never told you but I did get in and I did accept and then you know what happened with them and everything got muddled and I came here and then I…” I stopped to take a deep breath, realizing that my face had gone purple from speaking so quickly. Draco was frowning now as he tried to make sense of the situation. He knew that whenever I spoke quickly, it was because I was delivering bad news. Draco was about to ask me a question, but decided it was best to let me finish my story. I looked down at my hands as I spoke.
“I’m going to oxford this year. I already signed my leaving forms at Hogwarts” I admitted. I looked up at him slowly. There was a look of resolve in Draco’s eyes as he wondered what to say next.
“When did you sign the leavers form?” he asked quietly. I looked up, surprised by his question.
“What?” I asked, wondering where he was going with this.
“You said you got accepted around the time of your parent’s death. When… did you sign the leaver’s form?” he asked, a look of steel in his eyes as he looked up at me. I blinked a few times.
“I… I guess… maybe two months after I returned to Hogwarts” I admitted. I was still wondering where he planned to go with this angle. Draco’s jaw clenched. I’d obviously said something that he didn’t prefer to hear.
“Two months?” he asked, glaring at me as he held my gaze. I felt like I was locked in position. Like I couldn’t look away.
“I… yeah” I whispered finally. I was helpless without knowing why he was upset about this. The muscle in Draco’s jaw spasmed as he clenched his jaws tighter.
“That was when I was trying to win you over. That was when I took you on a ride over Hogwarts. That was when we kissed in the moonlight. That was when I was there for you, day in and day out, fighting my best friend to win you over. That was when we first connected. That was when I realized that you were the one. AND AFTER ALL THAT YOU JUST SIGNED OFF YOUR LEAVER’S FORM TO GO OFF TO SOME OTHER SCHOOL HUNDREDS OF MILES AWAY?!” Draco shouted, standing up with rage, fists clenched. I felt horrified as it finally dawned on me what was happening.
“No… I…” I started
“I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT WHILE I WAS OFF FALLING IN… while I was caring about you more and more, YOU WERE PLOTTING TO LEAVE ME LIKE THAT!” he shouted, a look of hell in his eyes. Time stopped for a while as his sentence sunk in. ‘while I was off falling in… while I was caring about you’.
“I can’t believe you” I hissed, feeling angry also now. Draco looked bewildered and even more pissed off at that sentence.
“YOU CAN’T BELIEVE ME?!” he questioned
“YES DRACO, YES, I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU! AFTER ALL THIS TIME, IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO FRIEKIN ADMIT THAT YOU LOVE ME?! IS IT SO HARD TO SAY THOSE WORDS THAT IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ARGUMENT YOU HAVE TO STOP, RECOLLECT YOURSELF, AND RE-WORD YOUR SENTENCE?!” I shouted
“YOU DON’T GET TO BE ANGRY RIGHT NOW. I MAY NOT SAY SOMETHING THAT I DON’T FEEL BUT YOU’RE LEAVING ME. THAT’S WORSE” he argued. I felt my eyes tears up. He didn’t love me? I felt bitter as I spat my next sentence.
“I’M GOING TO OXFORD AND I’M NOT GOING TO LET A STUPID LITTLE WORTHLESS THING LIKE YOU STOP ME FROM DOING WHAT I WANT. YOU MAY BE AGAINST ME LIVING A ‘MUGGLE’ LIFE AND YOU MAY NOT APPROVE OF PART OF ME BECAUSE THAT PART IS MUGGLE BUT THAT’S THE WAY I AM. I KNOW YOU CAN’T ACCEPT ME BUT IF YOU REALLY FEEL THAT WAY THEN DON’T PRETEND. BREAK UP WITH ME AND FIND YOURSELF A NICE PUREBLOOD SLUT LIKE ALL OF YOU OTHER GIRLFRIENDS AND SCREW ONE OF THEM. I’M NOT GOING TO BE WITH SOMEONE THAT DOESN’T WANT ALL OF ME. YOU CAN’T JUST PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT PARTS OF ME THAT YOU WANT” I shouted, before storming out of the house, tears streaming down my face. If he didn’t love me, if he didn’t want me, then that was fine. It was better to end it early anyway.


That fight wasn’t one of our worst, but it was pretty bad. Draco had eventually found me sitting on the park swings in the rain, slowly pushing myself back and forth. He came and sat on the swing next to me and was silent for a while, swinging back and forth too. We swung in time as the rain beat harder down on us.
“I do care about you Kara” he told me quietly. I was silent as I swung back and forth a few more times.
“Then why can’t you admit that you love me?” I whispered, afraid to hear the answer.
“Why can’t you?” he shot back instantly, in a louder voice, seeming defiant.
“Because you wouldn’t want me to say it first!” I spoke, my voice close to yelling. We met each other’s eyes and knew that another argument would break out soon. Draco turned away slowly and kept swinging silently. I followed his example to avoid the argument. “You never answered my question” I whispered after a while. I knew that there was a reason that he was avoiding the question so many times, but I needed to hear the truth. We needed to talk about this.
He stopped swinging and turned in the seat to look at me. I stopped swinging also, but couldn’t meet his eyes.
“Because I can’t admit something like that” he told me eventually. I slowly turned to look at him. “Because I don’t want to feel that vulnerable. Because I don’t want to lay out all of my feelings and hand over my heart to you and then risk the chance that you could leave me and rip apart my heart into a million pieces and leave me with nothing. You are my world Kara. But if I say those words out loud, it’s like there’s no turning back. I’m not ready to take that step yet. I don’t want to take that risk” Draco explained. I felt my eyes water as realization dawned on me. Draco had never had much love or affection in his life. His father tortured him because Draco wasn’t pure evil like all of those other death eaters. His mother loved him but was too afraid to show it in case his father didn’t approve. There was no-one else in Draco’s life that he could show affection too. He’d been brought up cold and protected, and caring for me as much as he did must be difficult. To deal with all these new emotions that he’d ruled out of his life for so long. I leaned over and placed my palm on his cheek.
“It’s ok. You don’t need to say it” I whispered, before leaning in to kiss him.


I smiled as I thought of that moment. I’d always wanted to kiss in the rain. I suppose it wasn’t the most romantic thing: straight after an argument and talking about our personal issues and all, but it was perfect to me. He was perfect to me.

*

Draco and I continued walking around Diagon Alley, collecting his things. I remembered when we eventually talked about me going to Oxford in a more appropriate manner.

“I think you should go” Draco murmured, nuzzling my neck with his mouth as I sat on his lap, my back against his front as we watched TV. I felt confused as I turned to face him
“Go where?” I questioned, searching his eyes for clues.
“To Oxford” Draco explained. Other than a hint of sadness in his eyes, I couldn’t see anything else.
“…Why?” I asked, unable to figure out where this had come from. I was considering actually just continuing on in Hogwarts.
“Because…” he started, looking down at our intertwined hands. He seemed to have some difficulty getting his next sentence out. “Your parents wanted you to” he admitted, looking back up into my curious eyes. “You should honor their wish. Besides, it’s what you wanted too” he explained. I shook my head
“No, it was what I wanted. I don’t want that anymore. I want to be right here, with you” I told him, placing both of my hands on his cheeks. He pulled them away, seeming distraught.
“You need to live your life the way you wanted to live it. You can’t change everything about you because you met me. You have to do what you wanted to do. You have to achieve what you wanted out of life. And I’ll always be here for you” he told me. I shook my head, trying to make sense of the situation.
“Draco…” I started, before he cut in
“Kara this is what you want. I won’t stop you from that” he told me, pressing his lips to mine lovingly. I pulled away, looking up into his eyes.
“But I won’t see you often. I’ll have to move out. I’ll have to live miles away and only see you a few times a year, if that!” I argued, feeling the tears fall from my eyes. Those tears were declaration that I’d lost the fight already.
“I didn’t say it won’t be hard. But you need to do this. If we really care about each other as much as we think we do, we’ll still be together. And after you’ve finished University, we can be together” he whispered, placing his forehead against mine. “It’s only a year” he promised, and I shook my head.
“No, Draco, you don’t understand. I’m going to study medicine. Its six years. And once I’ve finished University, I’ll be too old to start a new job in the wizard world. I’ll have to live in the muggle world and be a doctor. My entire life will change. You want to be a death eater when you’re older. We can’t be together if I’m off 200 miles away, living the life of a muggle. Especially once you become a death eater. They won’t approve of you being with a half blood muggle lover” I argued, feeling more tears fall through my lashes. Draco tilted my chin up to force me to look at him.
“Then I’ll move there with you. Once I finish with Hogwarts, I’ll move to Oxford with you and get a regular job while you go to school. We’ll live together, as muggles” he told me, chuckling at the last sentence. I failed the see the humor of the moment.
“Draco you won’t allow me to give up on my dreams, and I won’t allow you to give up on yours” I told him firmly. Draco scoffed
“My dreams? You think that being a death eater, living under my parent’s reign after I’m 18, being forced to kill people is my dream? My dream is being with you. My dream is to spend my life with you” he insisted.
“No, Draco. Once Voldemort finds out that you’ve abandoned him for a half blood, he’ll kill both of us” I pushed. Draco gave me a plain look.
“My parents are death eaters. If there’s one rule: it’s that we have leeway when it comes to the people we care about. If I give up the life of a wizard completely to become a muggle, they can’t touch me. First of all: I’ll be a muggle. I’ll no longer be betraying Voldemort because I won’t be a wizard anymore. And even if he does still see it as betrayal: he can’t do anything while my parents are on his side. If he kills us, it’ll make an example of him. All the other death eaters with children and family will no longer be on his side. He can’t loose everyone just because one person defied him” Draco insisted, kissing me passionately to end the conversation. I couldn’t remember my counter argument as Draco’s hands caressed my body, and let myself slip into euphoria.


I chuckled as we were in Madame Milkin’s store, getting Draco’s robes for the last time. Draco gave me a questioning look
“I didn’t realize that robe stores were funny” Draco commented, clearly waiting for me to explain myself. I smiled
“I just found it funny that you can make me loose everything that makes sense just by a kiss or a touch. It’s not fair that just with one simple gesture you can make me forget the entire world” I replied, smiling. Draco chuckled
“It’s a two way road baby” he replied. I felt confused, and Draco explained “You don’t think that every time you kiss me after a disagreement, that I forget everything that I was angry about? Each time you put your hand on my face, I wonder what on earth I could argue with you about” he told me, pressing his lips lightly against mine. I smiled as he hugged me, while we waited for Milkins to hurry herself up and finish up the robes that she was finalizing in the other room.

Draco’s school started on the same day as my university, but we’d decided that I would need to leave early just to go there and get settled in.
Draco and I arrived hand in hand at the front entrance of Oxford. He actually seemed slightly impressed by the place.
“You’d enjoy it here, you know” I told him, shooting him a sidewards glance. Draco smiled
“Believe me, I would. I don’t want to waste a year of my life learning something that I’ll never use again. But I can’t leave my parent’s house until I’m an ‘official adult’, which in the wizard world is 17 years old. If I did, they’d just bind me to the house seeing as by law they were allowed to do so. And it would give them forewarning that I’d try leaving when I’m 17 – giving them time to think of a strategy to stop me” Draco explained, hugging me closer to his side as he saw a few guys in older years checking me out. “What does he think he’s staring at?” Draco growled, leading me towards my dorm room. I chuckled. Draco’s protective side had always amused me. It was cute. I was about to open the door, when I heard a familiar voice call me. I turned around to see no other than Ryan – the boy I’d met on my taster session day. I smiled as he came over and hugged me
“Hey, you getting settled in now?” he asked, seeming happy to see me.
“Yeah, I just got here actually. I’m a little lost though” I pointed out
“Well I can show you around, if you want? You still have my number right? Just give me a ring if you ever need guidance” he offered, and I grinned
“Sure, that’ll be great” I accepted. Ryan, smiled, before turning his head as another boy called his name
“Yo Ryan! Quit flirting with girls that are outta your league and get over here!” a blonde boy called.
“I don’t know, she seems pretty into him” a brunette boy next to him called. They were just messing, but Ryan still turned slightly red.
“Uh… sorry about them. They’re mentally challenged” he explained, and I laughed. “I guess I’ll wait for your phone call” he told me, before walking away to meet his friends, who he whacked around the head. I grinned as I opened my door.
“In case you forgot, I still exist” I heard Draco call, and jumped. I’d been so caught up in memories before my parent’s decease that I’d forgotten all about Draco.
“Oh, sorry” I admitted, feeling guilty
“So just how did you get Ryan’s number?” he asked bitterly. I rolled my eyes
“I met him before I even came to Hogwarts last year, ok?” I replied, walking inside the room
“It’s funny that you’re walking away as if this conversation is over” he told me through gritted teeth. I whirled around to face Draco
“Isn’t it?” I questioned, getting annoyed now. What was his problem?
“No, it’s not. You never told me of your little fling before school started” he noted, walking into the room with me.
“It wasn’t a fling. For god’s sake, Draco, let it go” I hissed, opening the cupboard doors to prepare them for my clothes.
“Why don’t you turn around and say that to my face?!” he asked, as I was looking inside the cupboard. I turned around and stared straight at him.
“Get over it Draco. I met him, we had lunch, I never saw him again” I told him tightly. Obviously I’d said something I shouldn’t have, because Draco looked set to explode
“You had lunch? So you two actually went on a date?!” he asked
“No… what?... we just spent our lunch time togeth-… you know what, even if I’d slept with him, you don’t get a right to be mad at me! I had a past before you. You’re just going to have to accept that” I hissed
“I don’t have a problem with your past. I have a problem with your flirting with him right in front of me and not even acknowledging that I was there. What, you didn’t want to tell him that you had a boyfriend?!” he snapped
“Oh my god!” I shrieked. “I wasn’t friekin flirting with him! He was being nice and I accepted his offer. I wasn’t asking him how big his friekin d*ck was, now was I? And I’m sorry I didn’t have you on my mind 24/7, every second of every day. I’m sorry that I forgot about you for less than 5 minutes. I’m sorry that I was wrapped up thinking about the time before my parent’s death and therefore didn’t have enough memory in my mind to think about you at the same time. Stop being so friekin self absorbed!” I shouted.
“YOU WERE LAUGHING AT HIS STUPID, LAME JOKES, AND YOU AGREED TO CALL HIM AND ROAM AROUND THE FRIEKIN UNIVERSITY WITH HIM. HOW IS THAT NOT CONSIDERED FLIRTING? YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE AGREED TO GET IN THE JANITOR’S CLOSET AND JUST SCREWED HIM THEN AND THER!” Draco shouted, before slamming my suitcases onto the floor and marching away.
♠ ♠ ♠
as i was putting in the italics font code thingamaboobie for mibba, i realised that there's a lot of single words throughout the story that i originally wrote in italic (because i wrote it all out on word) but it's been a task and a half to go back and put the code in for mibba to turn those single words into italic (mibba doesn't register italics unless you put a code in each time you want it to be italic) so my story will just have to do without italics or bold because it's too much to go through the entire story and put in the codes -.-